• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

the colour of that bullet

...and thank you for consistently adding your new buys to the archive.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• dji
      • Feb 2008

no worries Dane, I enjoy looking at other people's pics so figured I'd try to set a good example and share photos whenever I can. the new camera we picked up a couple of months ago has improved the quality of the pics too, shame the photographer still sucks though.

surprised how few stores picked up the colour this season. The Paris and Tokyo flagstores didn't buy any mens jacket, and London and NYC only bought the bomber and classic hooded biker respectively. the only online stores that I've seen the colour on are Ricky's official site for the bullet and The Corner for the Bauhaus (still can't get over those buttons on the sleeves..).

the Cargo Baskets pick up were inspired by one of Shucks' fits. they didn't even register on my radar before that..

Comment

• unwashed
        • Dec 2008

Great stuff Dji! No more Rick, this I cannot believe. Still 5 more months left haha.
        The color of the scuba jacket is very nice. With what other colors are you planning to wear it? It seems not so versatile to wear this model in this color. I image other lighter colors or something?

I can also cross the cargobaskets from my wantlist. Been there to long haha. Although I must say, I was a bit disappointed by the construction quality.
        Grailed link

Comment

• dji
          • Feb 2008

well I've run out of stuff I want to buy (I think) so that helps haha.

mostly likely going to wear the jacket with black, black and more black.

what issues did you have with the construction of the cargo baskets? they're no worse than any of his other footwear imo.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post

what issues did you have with the construction of the cargo baskets? they're no worse than any of his other footwear imo.
            Yeah. I don't even understand the question.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I don't usually do these recent purchases because I'm not wearing/buying anything that everyone hasn't already seen 100x and I'm not a good photographer but this one is special to me. I got them for my capsule wardrobe to have a 2nd pair of white sneakers, and I never would have felt satisfied with my uniform without my grail shoe.

I think for any Rick fans out there with multiple Geobaskets that have wanted dunks but balked at the used prices out there for a relatively clean pair, I would highly recommend them. The leather feels softer, although that may be due to less structured construction. The overall shape makes more sense, like the toebox and the height. Something about them seems more "real," like they are old 80s high tops worn by goth trash rockers. I would rather have one pair of dunks than multiple geobaskets. If I ever come across another clean pair in my size, I'm buying them without hesitation and selling my geos.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• unwashed
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by dji View Post

Of course black. But I do think it would pair nicer with white and shades of light greys, maybe even the light brown RO uses sometimes.

About the cargo's:
                - found a spot were the glue was not wiped off
                - on the inside of the pocket, the glue did not hold up well and let loose
                - laces felt thin to me compared to other RO footwear
                - the leather lining on one shoe contains some wrinkles (poor lining job)
                - Sole contained some excess rubber

Maybe it's just my pair that has these flaws, but overall the shoes do feel produced in a rush (mass production, could be expected yeah).
                Grailed link

Comment

• kurta
                  • Jun 2014

A Diciannoveventitre / Augusta / A1923 full-grain calf leather trainers with rubber outsoles and a padded tongue, and hand-woven hemp laces, in black. A high price point for a trainer, but for the occasions and streetwear outfits that require a classic (and not over-the-top) high-top there's nothing quite like it. Remarkably comfortable. And of course, they photograph exquisitely.

Comment

• kurta
                    • Jun 2014

Spiked my Rick quotient with some staple pieces recently. Starting with the new FW14 Moody single-strap bucket bag in black calf leather. It's a simple yet ingenious construction, and gorgeous from all angles when worn: From front, the thin leather strap is minimal, streamlined, and elegant on the shoulder (its width is equal to that of the main zipped seam); the elbow/tricep naturally holds the bag in place when the arm is at its relaxed, downward position. It's all beautiful lines and angles when flat on back, and the bucket bottom provides ample capacity. Single zipped pocket inside.

(More photos in the Garment Archives.)

Then there's the SS14 bomber and combat boots (both new and from upstanding SZ members), pieces which are sharp and versatile and require little discussion but look nice in photos so here they are anyway:

Comment

• PoorHarnden
                      • Jan 2014

That's make me sick...

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PoorHarnden View Post
                        That's make me sick with envy...
                        fixed
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kurta
                          • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          fixed
                          Faust, you are a natural born editor.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Thank you, kind sir!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BodyDouble
                              • Jan 2014

Some casual basics arrived..

Boris Sailorism Hoody from Vertice

Detail

Boris Sailorism Cold Dyed Tank from Archive

Detail

Rick Vicious Silk Cotton Blend Swingers from LNCC

Comment

• BrokenBoards
                                • Jan 2014

BodyDouble

Careful with that cold dyed tank if you're wearing a belt or pants with buttons, as some the dye faded off after one wear on mine, leaving me with white spots. Still one of my favorite colors though!
                                "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎