• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • move_ment
    • Feb 2009

Received this in the mail today:

Individual Sentiments - long hooded vest:

Fabric/Texture/Construcion. Amazing.

I snapped a quick fit pic open and closed when I got home. I was aware the size was going to be a tad small, so the slight flare after the bottom button while closed is only slightly bothering. It fits so perfect around the body otherwise. Most likely wear it open most of the time:

Comment

• andrewislasorad
      • Nov 2006

fantastic fit, a good layering piece for the wardrobe

Comment

• DRRRK
        • Aug 2009

move_ment, I would have ignored the piece on the hanger picture but it looks perfect on you. I would prefer it closed.

Faust, thanks for you offer. I have decided not to buy anything more in 2009. Actually I would loose a bet if I'd buy clothes before the end of january 2010.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
          • Jan 2007

SOME/THINGS - quite a nice read, but the price was a bit hard to swallow. Even though it's well made, printed on great paper, etc. I'm not quite sure it's justified.

Fantastic Man - good as always. However I wasn't impressed by the preview of their women's magazine (maybe I'm just not the right audience), and the degree to which they're taking the co-branding with their advertisers, and the way they advertise without labeling it as such unfortunately is beginning to remind me of Monocle.

A Mag by Jun Takahashi - Perfect. Nothing else to say really. Makes me almost willing to spend the 200 Euros the Margiela issue usually fetches when it lands on ebay.
          Originally posted by jogu
          i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• Sombre
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by ProfMonnitoff View Post
            Stephan Schneider Knit (so warm)

It looks wonderful and very warm.

Since it has come up, I'll just say it here. In the future I think I'll buy very few thick, warm knits. Despite (or maybe due to) being from the tropics, I love cold weather. I can't get enough of it. For me it isn't time for a longsleeve until the temp is below 50F (10C). In the winter if it's cold enough for a coat, I really don't want a thick knit. I start burning up, especially inside.

I met a friend for pastry yesterday. It was 30F (-1C) and windy. I was wearing a black cashmere crewneck and a wool coat. Before the end of the mile-long walk I had to take my coat off because I was almost sweating. I wonder if I'm the only one who feels this way.
            An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
            I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Me too, dude. I love cold. As long as it's not windy.

Bought some Kenzo socks. Consistently one of the best bargains at Century21.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Professor, where did you get the Undercover A? I need a copy in my life.

P.S. I thought the article on Melanie Ward by Cathy Horyn was lovely.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

movement, that vest is so good on you, and goes perfectly with your pants
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

thanks andrew, DRRRK & genevie.

Comment

• pseudonym
                      • Jun 2009

One of several this week... Others in mail somewhere.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

Comment

• jogu
                          • Jun 2009

Originally posted by dji View Post

omg that coat , niiiiiiiiiiiiiice verrrry nice

Comment

• croatoan
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by dji View Post
                            Is that the one from Yahoo? I considered buying it just to have a backup in case something ever happened to mine.

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

yeah hide-san was able to negotiate a price for me as the seller had a particularly high reserve price set. the details really are insane, from the denim and leather patchworking (with entire panels of the coat made from denim) to the incredibly warm knitted wool collar.

Comment

• croatoan
                                • Jul 2007

I couldn't even believe the coat when I received it. There are so many absurd meticulous details on it that you would never see in pictures. One thing that always shocks me with these kind of patchwork things that they do is that every piece is exactly the same; in placement of material pieces, stitches, types of fabrics, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎