X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nambla
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290104510177&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019

I just won that off the ebay for my GF. Is this a fake piece? Got it so cheap 220 euros. It also says retail was 590 Euros. Isnt that extremely little for ann D Wool lined jacket? Please let me know what you guys think.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

nambla, it's definitely real--you can tell from the label and the construction. Somebody even posted it here in good finds.

nice work!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nambla
        • Sep 2006

Good. Weird it says size 38 on the tag ( at least it seems to do so ) and she wrote it was a 36. Hope this will fit her haha. Also hope the seller will sell it now that the auction is over. I wouldnt sell at that price

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="nambla"]Good. Weird it says size 38 on the tag ( at least it seems to do so ) and she wrote it was a 36. Hope this will fit her haha. Also hope the seller will sell it now that the auction is over. I wouldnt sell at that price[/quote]

The sizes are french, so a 38 is really a 42. I am not sure how these fit, small or large, or what. Regardless, it's a gorgeous piece - congratulations, nambla! Your girlfriend is a lucky girl.

P.S. The runway picture in the listing reminded me how gorgeous that collection was!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

nambla, in the listing she writes it's a Belgian 38 and a German 36....hence the confusion.

If your gf wears Italian 40 or 42 it should fit fine...

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• nambla
              • Sep 2006

Thank you both.

This makes me kind of worried. Im not too sure what size she is italian size and I don't dare to ask. She is very petite that's for sure. I think she wears 36 / 34 here in Sweden. I have no idea of size convertions from different eu countries, could you enlighten me? i could always sow it in myself, but that would be a real crime.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="nambla"]

Thank you both.

This makes me kind of worried. Im not too sure what size she is italian size and I don't dare to ask. She is very petite that's for sure. I think she wears 36 / 34 here in Sweden. I have no idea of size convertions from different eu countries, could you enlighten me? i could always sow it in myself, but that would be a real crime.

[/quote]

It might be too big. Basically, French sizes are two sizes bigger than the Italian sizes (and I think it's the Italian sizes that are largely standard for the rest of Europe). So, for example, FR36 = IT40, FR38 = IT42, and so on. I think Ann is the only Belgian designer who uses French sizes. Maybe you can ask the seller for some actual measurements and tell him to hold off shipping it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

you're lucky i passed on that one :)

[/quote]

Ive been wanting to make something similar to this for myself for a while now........ Just been really lazy when it comes to making stuff for myself of late...........

Just picked up some heavy wool jersey (black) yesterday........ lets see how it will turn out over the next week or so..................

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• sea of stitches
                    • Oct 2006

nice bargaining work faust.

gorgeous pieces nairb and ndf!

i wanted the hchalayan dress that droogist has but couldn't find it with a decent color/price so i got this one instead. i received it in the mail this week but i have still have to figure out what shoes to wear with it.

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

That's gorgeous sea of stitches!!! It's from S/S 02, yes? Where are you finding all these wonderful Chalayan pieces?

I think a strappy flat sandal would look great with it.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

That's gorgeous sea of stitches!!! It's from S/S 02, yes? Where are you finding all these wonderful Chalayan pieces?

I think a strappy flat sandal would look great with it.

[/quote]

I vote for high heels! [:P] Two gorgeous Chalayan dresses in two days - this board is a real hit!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

I know! Chalayan is in the air....must be the website launch. :-)

Heels might be nice actually, maybe I will try them with my dress.....

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

I'm with Faust; I vote heels.
                            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• nairb49
                              • Dec 2006

I'm with laika, always been a sucker for that look. ;)

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

I got lucky and scored these lace-ups that I had been on the hunt for quite some time.

Now I have the set [same colors as well] [:D]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎