• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Your recent purchases

[quote user="explicit"]

I got the classic fit. I'll post in waywt when the trousers arrive.

Lazzari took off the VAT for me. worked out pretty darn well. There's a shirt I'm thinking about getting, as long as all goes well with this order. Lazzari is going to kill my wallet (and here I was thinking I'd be safe until Geller's line drops this fall).

[/quote]

Congrats on the buy! I'm glad that Lazzari is getting more business from this thread as well. Matteo is a good guy for sure.

So you opted to cover any customs fees yourself on the pants and have them deduct all the VAT for you? Or did you opt for them to cover the customs fees and you get a slight discount? Not clear on this since it's hard to tell which pair of the pants you ordered hehe (they're both lovely btw, you made a great choice!).

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="explicit"]

I got the classic fit. I'll post in waywt when the trousers arrive.

Lazzari took off the VAT for me. worked out pretty darn well. There's a shirt I'm thinking about getting, as long as all goes well with this order. Lazzari is going to kill my wallet (and here I was thinking I'd be safe until Geller's line drops this fall).

[/quote]

Congrats on the buy! I'm glad that Lazzari is getting more business from this thread as well. Matteo is a good guy for sure.

So you opted to cover any customs fees yourself on the pants and have them deduct all the VAT for you? Or did you opt for them to cover the customs fees and you get a slight discount? Not clear on this since it's hard to tell which pair of the pants you ordered hehe (they're both lovely btw, you made a great choice!).

[/quote]

haha Albert, I asked him the same thing. If you register on the site, it will give you different prices (if you register in US) and I believe he got the VAT removed (already done if your registered) and paid the shipping and customs (which is determined by the price of the item).
      :)
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Ah, gotcha.

I plan on eventually looking up customs fees information because definitely depending on the item/price/material it may be more worthwhile to pay the fees vs not getting full VAT off.

One must work the system!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

explicit look forward to receiving pic. i was also thinking of getting those pants, but they look very narrow at the bottom (based on the A pics).

Lazzarri are definately doing Ok with us - I got the grey CCP shoes this week! They are very very distressed, quite beatiful though. Problem is that one she sort of falls off becaue they leather is so soft around the heel and top of foot. Am trying to think of a way of fixing this - my wife's heel pads may do the trick! Big insoles don't really work since they push the back of the foot further out of the shoe,resulting in even more slip out. They are much less "structured" than the other green CCp shoes I have, although the heel is one stack higher I think.

Another Lazarri question - does anyone know what season the taped bombers are from?I though I'd seen these before, but I was thinking of the overlock versions from SS05. Also, the "black" one looks quite browny/dark greeny. ANyone seen these in person?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

I wonder if I should write them and get some kind of a sponsorship deal? Let them know about these boards and that many customers found out about them from here, so they can notify us of sales, new arrivals, etc.?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I wonder if I should write them and get some kind of a sponsorship deal? Let them know about these boards and that many customers found out about them from here, so they can notify us of sales, new arrivals, etc.?

[/quote]

That wouldn't be a bad idea Faust.

Comment

• sbw4224
                • Sep 2006

That's a great idea. It would benefit us and them as well.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

explicit look forward to receiving pic. i was also thinking of getting those pants, but they look very narrow at the bottom (based on the A pics).

Lazzarri are definately doing Ok with us - I got the grey CCP shoes this week! They are very very distressed, quite beatiful though. Problem is that one she sort of falls off becaue they leather is so soft around the heel and top of foot. Am trying to think of a way of fixing this - my wife's heel pads may do the trick! Big insoles don't really work since they push the back of the foot further out of the shoe, resulting in even more slip out. They are much less "structured" than the other green CCp shoes I have, although the heel is one stack higher I think.

Another Lazarri question - does anyone know what season the taped bombers are from? I though I'd seen these before, but I was thinking of the overlock versions from SS05. Also, the "black" one looks quite browny/dark greeny. ANyone seen these in person?

[/quote]

Johnny- The CCP shoes you ordered, are those the lace ups that are still on the website now? For some reason I kept thinking they were black just the pictures had a bright flash....lol. Because the shoes are slipping, did you find they fit a little bigger than other CCP shoes/boots?

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Cassius, yes it's the ones they have still on the site. They are definately gray. They looked a bit green on the pics to me, but there's no green at all - it's a cold grey.

I think they fit about the same as other CCP - one size too big. Maybe these ones are one and a half sizes too big. But it's only a problem on one foot. I bought some heel grips today so will try that tonight. They are really nice shoes, but they are not hugely practical. There's a definite nail issue on the inside too! Not for wearing with no socks.

That said, they are beatufully distressed. The leather on my pair is almost scarred looking. They seem super limited too (no flaming for being an exclusivity snob please) - paid 8 of 9 I think.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Well, I just had my heart broken trying to make a purchase. I saw this Cloak jacket at C21 about 3 weeks ago. It's an XS which I didn't think would fit me, but I went back today to get it for my boyfriend who's birthday is coming up. I tried it on for myself first, and behold, it fit like a glove, so at least if he didn't like it I could keep it for myself. I went to the register to check out and the sales lady f*cked up taking the ink tag off and got ink all over the flopping sleeve!!!!! Another lady said "I'm not going to lie and give you a discount, that's not coming out." So no jacket for me [:'(] Maybe if they would give it to me dirt cheap (like $20) I could try bleaching the whole thing since it's cream and I wouldn't mind it being white, but if the ink never came out it would be worthless. I wonder if they'll toss it out now or put it back on the floor cheaper... I guess the only bright side is it saved me the moral dilemma of giving it to my boyfriend or keeping it for myself.

Anyway, in good news, got my KVA shirt back from Jeffrey today and it fits like a dream! I can't believe how much work they did to it and it's perfect. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

music

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

[:'(]

That's miserable! Sometimes I think that place is more trouble than it's worth, although I've never heard of something being damaged during the transaction. What are you going to get for your bf then?

I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with jeffrey, because that place makes me homicidal....looking forward to pics!

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Oh man Casem. That's downright terrifying to hear.

I can't even imagine standing there and watching it happen. When I got things from C21, they were all gems. To lose even one to some mishandling would have been devastating!

Glad to hear your shirt from Jeffrey came out nicely! I'm surprised that you didn't have to pay for the shirt before it was completely reworked. It seems like such a huge risk for them (or for you if you paid for it first and then let them take it apart and put it back together.

Comment

• explicit
                            • Jan 2007

Casem, that is truly horrific. Did you keep your cool? I think I might've gotten little heated, especially if it was something like that (where it was an item you really wanted).

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I tend to keep my cool to a fault, sometimes I get a bit walked on. After the fact, I wish I would've raised a fuss to see how cheap I could get it, but I assumed they wouldn't discount it enough to make it worth me trying to fix (it was $250 before) so I just walked away. She pretended like a customer must have done it trying to get it off, but the ink definitely wasn't there before I handed it to her and I watched her try to take it off and get ink all over her hands and the jacket. Truly sad, and it was the only Cloak jacket they have in a small size.

As for what to get my bf now, the only other thing I can think of are ankle boots, he has a pair but they kill his feet. Any recommendations on where to look for basic black ankle boots $250 and under (i don't think he'd let me spend more)?
                              music

Comment

• kamsky
                                • Jan 2007

[quote user="casem83"]As for what to get my bf now, the only other thing I can think of are ankle boots, he has a pair but they kill his feet. Any recommendations on where to look for basic black ankle boots $250 and under (i don't think he'd let me spend more)?
                                [/quote]

I was at a.p.c. today and although I did not look too closely at them, they had a nice looking pair that would probably fit your needs; hereagain, bit vague on the details, but I would expect them to be around that price and fairly decent quality..? May be worth your time to check them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎