• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kamsky
    • Jan 2007

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="casem83"]

I'm actually most excited about seeing the new Patrik Ervell stuff, the shots of it in "He" magazine look really great and the prices aren't so bad. Went to opening ceremony but nothing new there yet.

[/quote] Where were / are they carrying Ervell's work? I'd like to take a look at it when I'm in New York later, it should be in stores by then.[/quote]

bblessing carries it; i want to say odin does as well, but i may be mistaken.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Thanks faust. Am going to London at weekend so will report back after that. Ann D sounds a bit rubbish actually. The RO cardigans sound interesting - only thing about RO is that if you have a double digit body fat% it's no use! I've tried some of those tees and, well, lets just say that I didn't buy them.[/quote]

You are welcome. Yea, forget the cardigan - the arms are so thin, you can't have anything even slightly hinting at muscle contour to wear it. Next week in London? Sucks - we'll be there March 7 - 9.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

yeah thats a shame Faust. are you going to watch the Chelski again?

I will be checking out DSM since they will have a bunch of new stuff in, although not sure that I will be inteh market for much of it (no Golden Boy for me). Will be interesting to see these Junya tracksuit suits, although again I'm not so keen on those from the pics (although some of the black ones look good). And I have to say that I'm interested in seeing Lanvin......

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]

yeah thats a shame Faust. are you going to watch the Chelski again?

I will be checking out DSM since they will have a bunch of new stuff in, although not sure that I will be inteh market for much of it (no Golden Boy for me). Will be interesting to see these Junya tracksuit suits, although again I'm not so keen on those from the pics (although some of the black ones look good). And I have to say that I'm interested in seeing Lanvin......

[/quote]

Well, being the smart person that I am, I first bought the air tickets and then went to look at the Chelski schedule... so, I will be boarding my plane while my friend will be watching Porto kicking their ass in the Champions League. Doh! This time I will only be stopping by DSM in London, that's it. I may hit up a store or two in AMS.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Spring stuff is starting to trickle in at Barneys. Yesterday I saw:

Margiela--Only the pre-collection so far, very nice spring basics in white, navy, and red. For shoes there were wrinkled leather pointy pumps (he's done these before), some metallic flats and some round-toes on a clear plastic wedge. These last ones were kind of cool, in a clean, modern way, but YSL has something almost identical this season. Prices were typical. I never understand why his shoes are so expensive--$725 for the leather pump--when their workmanship doesn't seem to approach that of Dries.

Junya--Amazing to look at and very, very expensive. They had the elaborately ruffled white blouses (over $2000) and some jersey versions, which were around $400. Also long coats and skirts in that blue brocade-like fabric. I can't imagine wearing any of it as it's way to show-y and pricey for me. I'm curious to know who the customer will be for this collection.

Comme--Satin coats with flag lining and bust belts and some very cute satin culottes with a sheer underlayer. I would love to get the latter in a very good sale, they would be great with t-shirts.

TAO--Absolutely breathtaking in person. The white pleated skirts from the runway are positively sculptural. I didn't even bother looking at the prices.

Ann--Seemed like a very basic buy--the usual trousers, variations on the white shirt, etc. A lot of the pieces looked like summer versions of what they carried for fall. Nothing from the runway, and nothing to get excited about. The stuff on LVR looks a lot better. :(

Not enough Dries to report yet, unfortunately.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2007 is at Atelier now.

...what a strange line for them to pick up!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• casem
                • Sep 2006

Anyone in New York, you must go look at the Barney's window display! I would've taken a pic if I had a camera. They have a display of the new Helmut Lang and also of Cloak SS 07. The Cloak stuff looks really good actually, the boots are amazing (they are making them) and there are some dress shoe things with lacing up the side that is neat. The HL stuff is blah. There's a plain black tee, some slim jeans, and a crinkled black blazer that looks decent, I might buy it if it's cheap. It's hard to tell with only a few pieces, but it looks like pretty typical "jeans brand" casual wear.
                music

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yohji Yamamoto S/S 2007 is at Atelier now.

...what a strange line for them to pick up!

[/quote]

I also thought that at first, but it actually makes a lot of sense. They have to counter the somewhat trendy/juvenile N(N) and Undercover with something masterful and serious. It's still black, the silhouette has loosened up thanks to Raf, and they have plenty of older artist clients who don't look like waifs. Yamamoto actually approached them, because the SoHo store is going to be turned to Y-3/Y's and a new Yamamoto flagship will open in the meatsmelling district. I wonder if they asked IF to pickup the womenswear.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                    • Sep 2006

Oops, sorry didn't mean to ignore you Servo, just noticed this. It was at Opening Ceremony.

On a sidenote, I noticed looking at his clothes they seem to be cut very short. I didn't try anything on, but the jackets seemed a bit wide and short, there was also a pleated shirt that was kinda nice, it looked tiny though and it was a medium. So I'm curious to see how his stuff fits when they get in more pieces.

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="casem83"]

I'm actually most excited about seeing the new Patrik Ervell stuff, the shots of it in "He" magazine look really great and the prices aren't so bad. Went to opening ceremony but nothing new there yet.

[/quote] Where were / are they carrying Ervell's work? I'd like to take a look at it when I'm in New York later, it should be in stores by then.[/quote]
                    music

Comment

• kavaj
                      • Sep 2006

casem83 - how much for the boots?

Comment

• casem
                        • Sep 2006

Actually, I may have spoken too soon. The stuff in the window display was not for sale yet in the stores, they were just previews. I asked at Cloak about they boots and they said the boots aren't going into production (as someone else here mentioned), I told them about the Barney's window display and they said maybe they were just samples. So I don't know if they're are really being made or how much if they are. I guess they'll be a real collectors item if the only place you can get them is a sample sale.

[quote user="kavaj"]casem83 - how much for the boots?[/quote]

music

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                          • Sep 2006

Has anyone seen this in person?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="casem83"]

Actually, I may have spoken too soon. The stuff in the window display was not for sale yet in the stores, they were just previews. I asked at Cloak about they boots and they said the boots aren't going into production (as someone else here mentioned), I told them about the Barney's window display and they said maybe they were just samples. So I don't know if they're are really being made or how much if they are. I guess they'll be a real collectors item if the only place you can get them is a sample sale.

[quote user="kavaj"]casem83 - how much for the boots?[/quote]

[/quote]

Do the SA's at Cloak know anything about anything? It seems like they're always about misinformation (ie- saying there is no final markdown... not knowing when the sale will begin etc. etc.).

Casem, if you get a chance, could you snap a photo of the barneys display then? May be the only way for people here to see these hot boots!

... if they're samples only, it's quite possible that they'll only show up at the Barneys warehouse sale. One pair... people may get killed over them hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• darkanimal
                              • Sep 2006

For everyone outside NYC here it is:

Thanks casem for the heads up. I had to make a train stop just to take a look at these. They indeed are better looking than the runway photos. Wish all online shop would take a cue from Barneys on how to style manequins. It will be sad if these boots are never to be produced. The one I asked is directly involved in Cloak's design dept. I believe, so there!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

hehe, I'll believe that then dark!

Thanks for the photo. It's quite a nice window!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎