X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

Also, for anyone in LA, Ron Herman's S/S buy was largely Dries, with a few Lanvin pieces in there. Lots of stuff from Shawn Collins (not too impressed). Some Margiela. There was other stuff, but that's what I saw.

Comment

• LanceP
      • Oct 2006

Just received the e-mail from Jo Jo over at Atelier that they have just received the miharayasuhiro S/S '07 collection.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="LanceP"]

Just received the e-mail from Jo Jo over at Atelier that they have just received the miharayasuhiro S/S '07 collection.

[/quote]

hehe, complete with a nice photo of Sato modeling.

I flipped through the Mihara stuff they had there and it was kinda cool. Although they had these accordion-sided jeans that were kinda odd. I guess pleats are his thing this season haha.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I like your new signature [Y]
          [/quote]

Saw this scribbled on the wallin a bar's bathroom and immediately thought you'd like it.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• andrewislasorad
            • Nov 2006

shopjake.com added a few cloak pieces for S/S 07

I quite like this shirt, but I think I need to try it on first with the cut on the sleeves.

They also have some baazar striped fishnet sweater and cardigan.

A much smaller buy then from FW 06, but that seems to be the trend with first time cloak retailers.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

I tried that shirt in red, it is nice, I find the sleeves flattering and my arms are fairly skinny, I prefer it to a short sleeved button up which seems a bit nerdy to me. The shirt I did buy (in my avatar) has the same sleeves, they're doing lots of it this season. I might have to pick up that vest, I have a feeling it's going to sell quickly with such a (relatively) reasonable price.
              music

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

^ love to see some pictures of that shirt you bought when you get a chance casem

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

For those in Boston, Alan just got in the following:

Casey Vidalec

Yohji (some great stuff this season judging from Atelier's buy)

Y's

Kiminori Morishita

no Carol yet :(

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Casey Vidalec

Y's

Kiminori Morishita

[/quote]

Haha. There is ALWAYS some great stuff, you just haven't looked into it enough. Now that Atelier bought you just had a chance to take a more careful look.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

jil sander s/s has some interesting cotton knits - kind of LUC-esque 3D knit t-shirts and long sleeves. price points are about the same as LUC though... $300-$600.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]jil sander s/s has some interesting cotton knits - kind of LUC-esque 3D knit t-shirts and long sleeves. price points are about the same as LUC though... $300-$600.
                        [/quote]

What I want to know is who's going to buy those shiny short sleeve leather shirts.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

Casey Vidalec

Y's

Kiminori Morishita

[/quote]

Haha. There is ALWAYS some great stuff, you just haven't looked into it enough. Now that Atelier bought you just had a chance to take a more careful look.

[/quote]

touche Faust :)

What I saw at A I thought was pretty cool. I've only seen limited Yohji really in the past (mostly at consignment stores... thus mostly junk) and never really checked out the stuff at Alan's. I may give it a looksee but I've already dedicated myself to the core brands that I like at the moment so Mr. Yamamoto may not get more of my money haha

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]jil sander s/s has some interesting cotton knits - kind of LUC-esque 3D knit t-shirts and long sleeves. price points are about the same as LUC though... $300-$600.
                            [/quote]

What I want to know is who's going to buy those shiny short sleeve leather shirts.

[/quote]

haha i wondered that myself. oh there's some great lightweight v-necks and the keyhole neck sweaters too...

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

At Atelier;

Yohji Yamamoto - absolutely incredible buy. Lots of heavenly long sleeve knits, pretty affordable (almost walked away with one). Some excellent l/s teeshirts, almost bought one, untile I realized it was two separate pieces - very Langish in that bondage way. Suit jackets and pants were outstanding as well. It's a great addition to Atelier I think. I had some reservations, but I figured that they will do a great editing job when buying, and that's exactly what happened. The palette is black/white, and some gray. BTW, some of the pieces did not look roomy at all.

The Viridi-Anne - it's back. I liked it, very light knits, double-layer l/s tee in grey/white - all very well constructed and tiny.

Mihara Yasuhiro - I wasn't crazy about it, the long pleated coat was Ok, some blazers. The fabrics felt nice though.

Rick Owens - they got the round two, and it's excellent. I really liked the black sheer pants with white layer underneath, and a leather insert on inside the saddle and legs, in case you want to ride a motorcycle in them :-). The tees are heavenly, but we knew that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kamsky
                                • Jan 2007

barneys got a few more ann dem pieces; most interesting is the asymmetrical jacket in black leather, navy blue cuffs and collar. it is lovely -- and quite pricey, 2,650.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎