X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

Re: S/S 2007 Arrivals and Reviews

sounds interesting. hopefully i'll get to check it out at some point soon. did they take away all of the left over fall clothes or are they still out?
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• casem
      • Sep 2006

There's still a small rack of F/W 06. I didn't post it in recent purchases cause I'm afraid people are going to think I have a problem [:P], but I also got the light grey selvedge herringbone pants, I already have the coal version, but at 60% they were a steal, and I know when Cloak closes I would wish that I got both (i really like them). So yea, there's still some stuff to be had in reasonable sizes.
      music

Comment

• mesh
        • Dec 2006

Never understood this obsession with cloak youguys have. The clothing has always been not of the best quality and tailoring horrible on my frame.

Faust, those dries shirts caught my eye at barney's last week and though the same ofthe colors. Funny how I then read your post.

Comment

• darkanimal
          • Sep 2006

The Rick Owens SS07 is already at Barneys. Mostly leather jackets and leather shirts, very very impressed with the line. The price tag was 2K+ as expected. I really don't think spring exist here in NY so these kinds of jackets won't be much of use, tho last year I kinda felt it. Forgot to check the boots if they have them which I really wanted to see. Saw Undercover for women, but only the display, could not find the actual space. Maybe laika can tell me.

Jeffrey had RO stuff as well, its Undercover for men was a lousy buy. I have yet to see what UC mens overall look is for this season.

Saw the Cloak collection at the flagship store, the pallete was black white and red. Nothing made me want to buy anything, the prices were mad crazy. It boggles me that one of the shirts there was tagged $395 and the same one was selling at Barneys for $350?? [:O]

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

I didn't see Undercover women's either, come to think of it, but it should be on the 4th floor with Comme and Margiela.

Century 21 has a substantial selection of Cloak, Vivienne Westwood Man, and Martin Margiela (mostly line 10) in new arrivals for men.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• casem
              • Sep 2006

Checked out more Dior stuff at the boutique today, still disappointed. They called me about the safariwith tons of detail. I'm glad I really didn't like it because I don't have the money to drop on it right now anyway. First off, it was cut big for Dior, I tried IT 46 and it looked boxy and loose on my body. The worst part is the material is really thin so it doesn't really support the load of details on it, it looked really sloppy compared to the runway. Tried the contrast lapel blazer from the campaign, it was actually quite nice, fit my body well and stayed close to my bodyeven though there isn't a closure but it's way too much at $2200. Another blazer that was fun was a 1 button in silver (the material was neat, kinda stiff like a silver mesh), it looked so cool on me but again, can't drop $2000 on a party blazer.

Hauled it down to Century 21 after reading what Laika wrote, a few dbl. breasted Cloak blazers and 1 single breast, most size L or XL also these grey striped pants with a single pleat from SS 06 in a few sizes and some cream colored safari type jackets from SS 06, there was one small but I really didn't like it.Most of it was in bad shape though, looked like it got ran over by a truck before they put it out.

music

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                • Nov 2006

What were the price points on the Cloak items?

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

^^Not so great considering there condition, blazer $300-400 pants and shirts $100-150. Nothing to get excited about really. Century 21 is such a mess, it reminded me why I hadn't bothered to go there yet in the month I've been in NYC.
                  music

Comment

• minomni
                    • Oct 2006

this is a joke?

or rather, would someone mind enlightening me on this label? i've seen the generic cashmere sweaters with the obligatory skulls in outlets here and have never understood the pricing, even at steep discounts.

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

[quote user="minomni"]

this is a joke?

or rather, would someone mind enlightening me on this label? i've seen the generic cashmere sweaters with the obligatory skulls in outlets here and have never understood the pricing, even at steep discounts.

[/quote]

When I saw "cashmere" and "skulls" and "pricing" in one post I knew this about Pellat-Finet or whatever. I don't understand his market at all. Ugliest sweaters I've ever seen.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="minomni"]

this is a joke?

[/quote]

When I saw "cashmere" and "skulls" and "pricing" in one post I knew this about Pellat-Finet or whatever. I don't understand his market at all. Ugliest sweaters I've ever seen.

[/quote]

Hahahaha, that's how you know you are getting good [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="minomni"]

this is a joke?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahaha, that's how you know you are getting good.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="minomni"]

this is a joke?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahahaha, that's how you know you are getting good [Y]

[/quote]

Seconded, I must say he does have his own unique style (but so does an old lady dressing herself in piss-stained foil) since we instantly think of him when we see those words together.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I like your new signature [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• soultek
                                • Feb 2007

Saw the S/S Thom Browne at Ron Herman last weekend, must say it's really nice. top notch construction and fabrics. Didn't try anything on, but nothing looked as crazy as the runway pieces. I noticed strange price discrepencies. For instance, the plain blue or white oxfords were 250$ while the striped oxfords were 450$? Nice stuff. I was impressed. Didn't care for the patches on the jacket sleeves though..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎