X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tiranis
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gauche View Post
    Those people usually dilute fraudulent transactions (I am talking about selling counterfeited garments) with legit ones.
    Actually, the way it works is the same way spam emails work: the site is so bad that the only people that will buy are a) people gullible enough to then actually keep the goods, or b) people that want the fake anyway because they can't afford the real thing.

New research from Microsoft suggests that email scammers maximise profits by entrapping only the most gullible.

For payment processing, they usually use a payment provider that offers services specifically to high chargeback industries (10-20% is not unheard of).

Comment

• vtlynch
      • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Tiranis View Post
      Actually, the way it works is the same way spam emails work: the site is so bad that the only people that will buy are a) people gullible enough to then actually keep the goods, or b) people that want the fake anyway because they can't afford the real thing.

New research from Microsoft suggests that email scammers maximise profits by entrapping only the most gullible.

For payment processing, they usually use a payment provider that offers services specifically to high chargeback industries (10-20% is not unheard of).
      Yes, Tiranis, this is what I believe is happening . I have come across a few sites that match exactly what Kuat has posted:

-Sketchy site selling clothes/shoes for very low prices. Huge inventory, poorly masking they are a scam because stuff rarely hits clearance in a full size run.

-Totally generic ecommerce template

-Domain name is ENTIRELY unrelated to fashion/apparel. In this example... Drapers Dance Center. Looks like they are buying up expired domain names, presumably to avoid a new domain quickly being flagged by SafeBrowsing? Not totally sure.

-No HTTPs at checkout. If you are not familiar with web security... you should always look in the address bar of your browser for a green padlock and/or HTTPs. That indicates the site is using SSL and your info is being securely transmitted on the internet.

REAL retailers would NEVER allow the checkout process to be done over unsecure HTTP (unless they farm out payments to a third party site, like if it bounces you to paypal). In most countires its literally illegal to do so.

As Tiranis said, they are targeting people with little computer literacy or ability to detect a scam. They just want credit card numbers and personal info. They may not even charge you, and instead collect them for bulk sale later.

Comment

• macdemarco
        • Oct 2015

Can anybody identify if these Ann D scamosciatos are fake or not?

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
          • Feb 2015

Hey everyone, I could really use some help. I'm fairly certain that I've been sold a counterfeit intarsia. Could anyone authenticate the jacket for me, or point me towards someone who could? I would be eternally grateful.

I've compiled an album comparing what I received to an authentic intarsia: http://imgur.com/a/EydCx

Comment

• 13we2
            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by fromcolortoblack View Post
            Hey everyone, I could really use some help. I'm fairly certain that I've been sold a counterfeit intarsia. Could anyone authenticate the jacket for me, or point me towards someone who could? I would be eternally grateful.

I've compiled an album comparing what I received to an authentic intarsia: http://imgur.com/a/EydCx
            Clearly fake.

Comment

• Guun
              • Nov 2014

Sorry man, but I think u got a fake there. You can take it to a Rick store and they can check for you, but it doesn't look like any intarsia I've ever seen
              insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• Awful fits
                • May 2016

Legit check

Says that they're the actual photos taken by a professional photographer for their website. Seems too good to be true! https://www.grailed.com/listings/715...Scarpe-Sneaker

Comment

• Guun
                  • Nov 2014

^ price isn't anything special tbh and pics look like they were taken by a potato. Could be legit, but I'd be wary since they have no feedback
                  insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• Tiranis
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Awful fits View Post
                    Says that they're the actual photos taken by a professional photographer for their website. Seems too good to be true! https://www.grailed.com/listings/715...Scarpe-Sneaker
                    Photos don't appear anywhere else online, as far as Google is concerned, so I would believe that part. The real question is why buy from this seller when the prices are basically retail-level?
                    Last edited by Tiranis; 06-20-2016, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Awful fits
                      • May 2016

http://www.lindelepalais.com is this website legit?

Comment

• Extreme Mildness
                        • Jan 2015

http://www.lindelepalais.com is this website legit?
                        Yes, I've ordered from them before, although as I recall I received the wrong item (ordered a pair of Thom Krom shorts got a different pair of Thom Krom shorts). Although the item I received was actually more expensive, and I like it better, so I never brought it up .

Comment

• Awful fits
                          • May 2016

At this point I'm probably just being paranoid, just wanted to make sure these are legit.
                          Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
                            • Feb 2015

At this point I'm probably just being paranoid, just wanted to make sure these are legit.
                            http://m.imgur.com/a/GMvYv
                            Your DRKSHDW Ramones check out to me.

Would appreciate it if someone could legit check this exploder bomber for me. I think it's from FW15.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fishtacologin.

The base of the zipper seems off to me. The pull itself is Raccagni and checks out, but isn't the base supposed to be smooth? This has a square inlay.

Comment

• jimmycs
                              • Mar 2014

Details... Thanx for pointing out for the rest of us.

w/ smiles
                              Jimmy

Comment

• Awful fits
                                • May 2016

Your DRKSHDW Ramones check out to me.

Would appreciate it if someone could legit check this exploder bomber for me. I think it's from FW15.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fishtacologin.

The base of the zipper seems off to me. The pull itself is Raccagni and checks out, but isn't the base supposed to be smooth? This has a square inlay.
                                Hm I'll compare to some online, wonder if anyone else can shed some light
                                Edit: So i checked ssense https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/pro...eakers/1440093 seems to be the same. My first pair of ricks just want to make sure i'm spending my money on the real thing :S

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎