X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 13we2
    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by ddak88 View Post
    Recently bought a blazer from a certain banned member (didn't realize prior to purchase). A few things seem off about it now that it finally arrived at my house, after a couple months of being lost in the Russian post. I cant find the blazer anywhere else online. All I have to compare to is a pair of P13s from FW13. The model number seems to be for a pair of pants, the font on the leather seems slightly different, and the silver on the tassel is pressed flat rather than having indents on each side.
    Those P13 pants' tags are perfect legit, but that blz is apparently fake.

P12 is code for pants, as "P" represents "Pants".

Just compare both fonts on the tags, you see very obvious distinction between them. Real tends to be more sharp/slim and a bit tint of blue. Fake's white and wide-fonted. Also the leather trim on the back is crudely made, not polished well and I bet that metal isn't silver.

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by round View Post
      Ok, well just bought one of the pairs from grailed. Hopefully they are legit.

Any more conformation of authenticity is appreciated, to put my mind at ease.
      For not much more money, you can get them new. I don't think a piece like geobaskets should be bought used for that much. There's a lot of risk with used, more than just fake but undisclosed bits of information with no return policy. If it's a rare piece or if it's at a "can't say no" price, sure, buy used, but my recommendation to anyone starting out is to buy new on sale for the ubiquitous pieces.

Also, I question the value of publicly explaining why a piece might not be legit. Maybe people producing fakes don't keep up with threads like these though, I'm not sure how their system works.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• round
        • Aug 2015

Ok, so I was told they are from selfridges, just received pics of the tongue, now I am even more confused..

Comment

• josecc
          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by round View Post
          Ok, so I was told they are from selfridges, just received pics of the tongue, now I am even more confused..
          Indeed, selfridges' special edition had that label:

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
            For not much more money, you can get them new. I don't think a piece like geobaskets should be bought used for that much. There's a lot of risk with used, more than just fake but undisclosed bits of information with no return policy. If it's a rare piece or if it's at a "can't say no" price, sure, buy used, but my recommendation to anyone starting out is to buy new on sale for the ubiquitous pieces.

Also, I question the value of publicly explaining why a piece might not be legit. Maybe people producing fakes don't keep up with threads like these though, I'm not sure how their system works.
            What would you say is a "can't say no" price on used geobaskets?

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

Couldn't tell you, I can always say no to geobaskets XD
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

The zipper is not right. Did the seller mention anything about repairing?
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• 13we2
                  • Sep 2015

Originally posted by magic View Post
                  The zipper is not right. Did the seller mention anything about repairing?
                  Rest assured it is legit. In his earlier years he wasn't wealthy enough to use all those riris or riri de's.

You can tell by the inner/outer strings alone.

It seems to me although his ealier leathers are very rare to find now, they are often unexpectedly cheap. Until the 12-13aw ones.

Comment

• Tiranis
                    • Feb 2007

Not only legit but looks to be in top-notch condition.

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                      Rest assured it is legit. In his earlier years he wasn't wealthy enough to use all those riris or riri de's.

You can tell by the inner/outer strings alone.

It seems to me although his ealier leathers are very rare to find now, they are often unexpectedly cheap. Until the 12-13aw ones.

If you are not sure or handled any of the earlier pieces, dont makes more confusion. Earlier season was not using RIRI, but also not YKK.

This is the old zipper before he starting using RIRI.

Focusing on object details

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

If memory serve me correctly he used EP zippers before Riri.
                        Could be wrong about this tho...

Comment

• Funsocks
                          • Jun 2015

Right so I just got some geos on the low which I was either gonna flip or keep - not sure yet but I just recieved them in the mail and something aint quite right to me, especially compared to my other geos.

Heres what I found wrong

Suede/Nubuck doesnt feel great quality
                          Wierd second label on the box
                          got two sets of laces, bone ones look legit but black are far to thick
                          the dustbag that it came with has wrong stiching (the "Rick" and "Owen" is connected by thread
                          box is undamaged?? (unusual for fakes)
                          They don't smell like Ricks, I can't place the smell exactly but maybe a gluey acrid smell
                          Zippers arent the greatest, even for YKK they snag alot more than my ones even though theyre the exact zippers as my other geos
                          The tounge is overly rigid unlike my other ones, also falls back slightly and is difficult to move around
                          Pictures on the tounge are a centimeter to wide and have the hallmarks of glue or scuffing round them

Any clarity?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Couple of imgur folders, the second lot are with my phone so 'scuse the quality

thanks!

Comment

• Soul Pill
                            • Feb 2011

Legit ^

Comment

• josecc
                              • Feb 2012

Seconded, geos are legit. I have the black/suede fw14 (from store) and the majority of the "suspicious details" that you described are there.
                              Last edited by josecc; 10-14-2015, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• yubbermax
                                • Jun 2014

I came across these fake Julius sneakers on yjp. They're very obvious fakes (they just copied the sole and put a random upper on) but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎