X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dji
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
    I think they just increased the image contrast to make them look a bit odd... my main issue with them is how collapsed the heel cup is. That alone would make me avoid them.
    is the collapsing heel cup common on Carol shoes A?

Comment

• Lohikaarme
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by dji View Post
      If it isn't, sounds like the wearer straight smashed his or her feet right into the shoe without opening the mouth or using a shoe horn.

Comment

• sunny
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
        If it isn't, sounds like the wearer straight smashed his or her feet right into the shoe without opening the mouth or using a shoe horn.
        Yup. Or because of the nature of the leather?

Comment

• Kwokamole
          • Feb 2016

Could someone help me legit check these? I've been sold reps before, and don't want to be duped again.

Comment

• unwashed
            • Dec 2008

Hey man, you bought these from me. 100% legit, bought from Serie Noire Lille. No worries
            Grailed link

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by dji View Post
              Great question. I see this on several CCP and CDiem footwear that come up for sale in used conditions. Indeed as others have mentioned it may come from people trying to just smash their feet into the footwear, or perhaps from wearing/walking around in the wrong size (shoes too big). I personally have never experienced or seen this in the CCP/CDiem footwear (boots and derbys) that I have owned over the years including my tornados that are over a decade old.

Aesthetically it bothers the hell out of me so when I'm looking at classifieds, I immediately ignore footwear that shows this in any way. I don't think it is correctable/fixable, and if your foot is supposed to fit that shoe size correctly, it will likely not feel "right" with a crumpled cup.
              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                I personally have never experienced or seen this in the CCP/CDiem footwear (boots and derbys) that I have owned over the years including my tornados that are over a decade old.
                have you ever seen it on boots though? I personally haven't, I always assumed it happens to derbies that are put on and off without opening them, so there is a lot of stress on the heel cup every time they are put on. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heel cup is not as strengthened on CCP derbies as it is on some other footwear. For example on Layer-0 derbies the cup is notably stiffer.
                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  have you ever seen it on boots though? I personally haven't, I always assumed it happens to derbies that are put on and off without opening them, so there is a lot of stress on the heel cup every time they are put on. Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heel cup is not as strengthened on CCP derbies as it is on some other footwear. For example on Layer-0 derbies the cup is notably stiffer.
                  I have seen it on boots as well... often seen when people post up super-worn/beat up boots from MA+/CDiem/CCP it seems. I think it was back when Christian used to post on here and all of his footwear was lined up, it was present on a lot of it (may not have been his footwear collection... but someone on SZ a ways back).

In other cases it is a bit more subtle but evidence of heel cup collapse can be seen as that obliteration of that inward curve where the leather of the upper meets the top of the sole. Still bothers me personally, but maybe not others.

Like you mentioned, I think in many cases it is less of an issue perhaps with the footwear construction per se and more about how well they are taken care of.

I still have to try out some L-0 derbys (really love the shape), and next time I'm at a shop I'll take a closer look!

Edit- found some various images via sales threads/online etc.

Especially the right heel cup (Guidis... which overall seem to be "softer" boots though)

CCPs

CCPs

Carpes (a bit more subtle in this shot, but the right heel)
                  Last edited by Chinorlz; 02-28-2016, 01:16 PM.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

interesting, never really noticed it on boots. of course its a bit more subtle given the shaft doesn't end like on derbies, which makes it less prone to collapsing.

I've had a little bit of this appear on a pair of guidi and CCP derbies, I no longer have either pair but I recall the heel cup didn't feel very "enforced" in either, and the leather was of course pretty soft too.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                      interesting, never really noticed it on boots. of course its a bit more subtle given the shaft doesn't end like on derbies, which makes it less prone to collapsing.

I've had a little bit of this appear on a pair of guidi and CCP derbies, I no longer have either pair but I recall the heel cup didn't feel very "enforced" in either, and the leather was of course pretty soft too.

Agree that it is less common compared to derbies as you said A. Especially for the leathers like the perforated one that Carol used years ago, it just doesn't withstand gravity and feet over time.

Comment

• sunny
                        • Dec 2012

Thanks Chinorlz.
                        Very educative!

Comment

• baethos
                          • Mar 2016

Hi All,

Can I please get a legit check on this Rick Owens parka?

Looks okay, except the drawstrings look different to other Rick Owens stuff? The ends aren't frayed?

Thanks!! Much appreciated.

Comment

• Marko
                            • Jul 2009

The heal cup collapse seems to happen more noticeably on my shoes or boots that I wear with an insole.

Comment

• cpasin
                              • Mar 2016

Is the second pair down a legit pair?? Just wanna make sure before I make my bid, I've wanted a pair of those sneakers for ages and always on the lookout for used gucci shoes. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Caligari
                                • Mar 2016

Can I please get a legit check?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎