Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BUMMER
    • Feb 2010

I've been there. I agree with Beardown in a way. Experiences there taught me how to escape potential lynch mobs unscathed.
    Sig'd btw.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Today my daughter's teacher complimented me on my Devoa hooded jacket.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sverrenor
        • Feb 2012

A few months back, when it was quite cold and we had our first day of January-sales at work, I wore skiing long johns along with Acne woolen shorts. Old Acne Cuban heel-boots and the Ann Demeulemeester floral-vest layered on an Acne suede MC summer-jacket (we have a lot of Acne in the store). Dark- and rather long haired as I am, I put my upper hair in a knot. Usually people in Copenhagen don't give you condescending shit, at least where I normally go. But this first day of sales, very different types than usually came in to score some discount seeing a SALES-sign from the street.

Typical Carhartt/Nike Shox-boys spoke right behind my back about me being gay or even a resurrected samurai-hippie as I was dressed all black except for the flower printed vest. Wearing Montale AOUD DAMASCUS didn't help me at all in this situation. One long day, I can assure.

Fortunately, since then I haven't been confronted with any lousy comments.

Comment

• MoFiya
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by beardown View Post
          Because I'm not very social by nature, I have an amazing house here, the cost of living is ridiculously cheap, chicks are easy to impress here, my family is nearby, a lot of my friends are here, no traffic, the weather is nice and I'm within an hour's drive from 2 cities that I do like. I'm a 15 minute drive from an international airport and there's this stray cat I've been taking care of for about 6 years that would be crushed if I moved away.

I've lived in a lot of places and traveled through much of the world...each place has many things I don't like and some that I do. Ultimately, this is home for me and there's no place I'd rather be.
          Offtopic but:
          Beautiful post, wish I have to opportunity to say that one day. Although, nothing bad about being a seeker for the moment. Gives one the perspective of unknown (hopefully good) things and places that still are to be discovered (and found).
          I have dreams of orca whales and owls
          But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

So far the Individual Sentiments long coat I got seems to be the winner this season. Wore it twice and was stopped twice. It IS an incredible piece, if I may say so myself.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nouveau Pauvre
              • Oct 2011

I prob. get the most comments on my long drkshdw hoodie or tees....

Damn I love that hoodie.

Though wearing loose clothing to punk/hipster/metal shows gets can put you out there too.

Comment

• Ochre
                • Sep 2009

Although not a stranger, my colleague had a particularly clever comment.

My black Sennheiser headphones recently broke and I had to resort to using the stock iPhone model. And during the winter one day when I was wearing a typical all-black outfit and gloves my coworker said, "Mike, you look just like one of those silhouettes from the iPod commercials!"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Haha, good one. I can't say I haven't thought of the headphones not matching the .

By the way, my next purchase:

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Haha, good one. I can't say I haven't thought of the headphones not matching the .

By the way, my next purchase:

PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE
                    I also like to purchase relatively pricey things that I know I'll break/lose within a few months, they're called sunglasses...
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Haha, I don't put headphones in that category. Gloves, yes. But I don't buy expensive ones. I don't think I ever lost a pair of headphones (and these are not expensive). I did lose one pair of sunglasses over a 12 year span - not a bad record. Those were dear though, OG Yamamotos :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Haha, I don't put headphones in that category. Gloves, yes. But I don't buy expensive ones. I don't think I ever lost a pair of headphones (and these are not expensive). I did lose one pair of sunglasses over a 12 year span - not a bad record. Those were dear though, OG Yamamotos :(
                        Damn

I actually want some new stereo/music impedimenta to add to my consumer burden but just reading about that stuff make me cringe and the fans are hardcore crazy nerds so I have no idea how to go about it.

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

may have some tips

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                            Damn

I actually want some new stereo/music impedimenta to add to my consumer burden but just reading about that stuff make me cringe and the fans are hardcore crazy nerds so I have no idea how to go about it.
                            What I found it in cases like this is that asking on SZ provides a good filter . What do you need to know? We have a Hi-Fi thread.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

What I found it in cases like this is that asking on SZ provides a good filter . What do you need to know? We have a Hi-Fi thread.
                              I have no idea how a stereo equipment works (what are the components) and don't really want to know too much. What do I need considering I just wanna play my mp3s (say plug the comp) and have the thing sound (relatively good). I used to have some mid-system like Denon w. better speakers but I dunno where I put it (don't laugh). Might also like to plug computer to dvd player or tv or whatnot while I am at it.

Comment

• KM80
                                • Mar 2008

Just plug your computer straight into your TVs HDMI input, I guess it depends what kind of computer you have to determine the cord needed for that, so just tell the store people what computer you have and they should sort you out.

Then get a receiver and whatever speakers you want. You plug your computer into the receiver's optical input, the cord needs to be able to plug into your computer head phone jack on one side and optical on the other.

Then you're good for music from the computer and watching movies or whatever on your TV with sound going through your system. You can also plug your DVD, TV, VCR Video game thing, record player, tape deck whatever you want into your receivers many analogue to digital inputs depending on the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎