X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Please move this discussion to the hi-fi thread.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• messenoire
      • Nov 2009

i took of pair of julius boots to the cobbler to get them vibram'd and when i picked them up i had a small exchange with the cobbler..
      me: yeah those boots up there with the zipper on the back
      cobbler: oh these? where did you get these?
      me: oh! japan. (default answer to any question)
      cobbler: i had a few people interested in these and ask me where they were from. did you get them from journey's?
      me: no i dont think they sell them there but maybe

granted the shop is tucked away in the corner of a mall but i still found it kind of funny.

Comment

• Lane
        • Aug 2010

journeys, lmao

hey what cobbler do you use? I keep going to NYC and dont want to anymore just for just shoe repair. I'm worried someone around here won't know what to do with the shoes, esp my ricks sole.

Comment

• messenoire
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
          journeys, lmao

hey what cobbler do you use? I keep going to NYC and dont want to anymore just for just shoe repair. I'm worried someone around here won't know what to do with the shoes, esp my ricks sole.
          i take them to hakky's in the bottom level of towson mall but only for small jobs. i take a lot of mine with me to nyc. they do a good job with slapping on a vibram sole but i wouldnt trust them to do anything serious. they were just a pair of the sneakers so i figured you could fuck them up, these 357FWM4. i have to take a pair of fw11 boots to new york soon and i've been reluctant. i dont think they'll know what to do with leather soles. it's just hard to find a good cobbler that is certified to do vibram soles in baltimore. have you tried anyone else in the area?
          Last edited by messenoire; 04-17-2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

• Patroklus
            Banned
            • Feb 2011

Why didn't you just tell him what the boots were?
            A few weeks ago some dude came into my work with an awesomely thin drapey shirt thing, so I asked him about it... and got the same "oh, from the internet, i don't really remember who made it..." bullshit. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE HOLDING MY SWAG BACK, CUT THAT SHIT OUT

Comment

• messenoire
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              A few weeks ago some dude came into my work with an awesomely thin drapey shirt thing, so I asked him about it... and got the same "oh, from the internet, i don't really remember who made it..." bullshit. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE HOLDING MY SWAG BACK, CUT THAT SHIT OUT
              i did! i didnt wanna type out the whole exchange. i am sometimes way too talkative about what i am wearing if people do ask. i told him they were julius and we talked about the riri zips and the leather. he looked confused so i shut up because i felt like a dick to a degree. he just seems interested in the design of things. i took a boot in with round cut leather laces and he seemed equally as impressed with the length and cut of the laces. i am all for telling people what something is if they seem interested.

Comment

• Lane
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
                there's also the dilemma where you tell the truth and people look it up, and act like you are an evil bastard for spending that much when there are starving children in Africa.

Originally posted by messenoire View Post
                i take them to hakky's in the bottom level of towson mall but only for small jobs. i take a lot of mine with me to nyc. they do a good job with slapping on a vibram sole but i wouldnt trust them to do anything serious. i have to take a pair of fw11 boots to new york soon and i've been reluctant. i dont think they'll know what to do with leather soles. it's just hard to find a good cobbler that is certified to do vibram soles in baltimore. have you tried anyone else in the area?
                oh, yah, I dont mess with anything around here. I'm quite reluctant since DC especially is not use to this type of attire.

Comment

• Patroklus
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2011

Yeah, and there's starving children on the runway too. Just the way I like it.

Comment

• rawrimabear
                    • Feb 2011

Is it considered starving if they eat then purposefully throw it up? :P

On another note, wore my shredded hem Julius shirt to school today with black jeans/boots and a hoodie. I walked by this older woman and she just smiled looking me directly in the eye the whole time...not sure what to think of that? I did get a compliment on it though, which was nice.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The Individual Sentiments linen waffle coat continues to be a hit. Went to the Met press preview of the Prada/Schiaparelli exhibit and was stopped twice - one time by a middle-aged Italian woman and once by two sweet older American ladies. They were very sweet We got into a discussion of why most men dress like shit (initiated by them).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dabuliuyo
                        • Apr 2012

I took a pair of ccp red boots to the cobbler to make the sole in UK. The cobbler told me"oh~fashion make me laugh"

Comment

• Xhale12
                          • Jan 2012

A little girl with her mother came up to me in Whole Foods today and asked if I was a vampire. When I said yes she asked if I was on team Jacob or team Edward. She was completely enthralled. It was pretty funny.

Comment

• stephlinn
                            • May 2012

I go to an all girls catholic high school where everyone wears sweatpants and uggs every day.
                            Because I wear mostly black people are constantly asking me if i'm "okay" or telling me I look pissed off. And on sunny days I get a lot of vampire jokes.
                            Once a man on the bus told me I looked like a "little lesbian goth boy" whatever the hell that means.
                            portlanders, they just don't understand

Comment

• cowsareforeating
                              • Jan 2011

well the fact that you're in high school means nobody will even TRY to understand...

Comment

• Vanna
                                • May 2008

Today I was wearing all black and a leather trench coat and a woman walking out of a church while on her cellphone halted her conversation to tell me "God bless you." I guess there isnt a direct correlation...but yeah.
                                Life is a hiiighway

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎