X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • severin
    • Feb 2011

ah, i thoroughly enjoy this thread.

recently a man probably in his 60s came up to me, looked at me with an awkwardly prolonged pause and quizzical expression, then said "i know you're not goth, because you don't have on black nail polish".

i just said "ok."

he was smiling.
    he was proud of himself.
    take me up to the top of the city

Comment

• Lo-ki
      • Jan 2011

Late rainy night as I walk out the supermarket clutching a bottle of Disaronno, stretching out a leather shirt from 10SEI0OTTO, with some ZB pants boot tucked in CCP joints a little girl looks up and says to me you look like a baddie from a James Bond Movie.....
      She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• u-ti
        • Apr 2012

the image of that conversation makes me smile. very heartwarming, and i envy having such a grandma, although i am very happy with my own grandma.

Comment

• Big E
          • Sep 2013

This Made My Day

Originally posted by Sion View Post
          I live in quite a small town in sweden (most towns in sweden are small...) and yeah, I do get lots of stares. I wear damir, annhagen and alot of swedish brands as Fifth Avenue and Carin Wester. In this town the coolest shit you can wear is a pair of jeans with somekind of dragon on the ass and a fugly t-shirt to it.

"i'm obviously looking, confusedly, at what you're wearing out of the corner of my eyes and whispering to my friend as well about it"
          as Wiggles said describes it perfectly.

Have never really bothered to care, I keep telling myself in my elitistic mind that they dont understand a thing about clothing and fashion... :)

The dragon jeans they wear... Lmaoooo. I feel his pain(at their attire) and I feel his nonchalance(I could care less about the styleless). I live in NYC were anything and everything goes but some things, mainly people without real fashion sense, should just go to another planet if they plan on looking like fools thinking it's hot.

Comment

• Lo-ki
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by dantebykiko View Post
            Dragon on the back or cobra at the front ....
            Like the Quote of the day "It's called fashion, look it up."
            truth is stranger than fiction
            She looked at me, pointed at the string of the back of my BBS jacket and said: You had the same string on the shirt you wore last time. If I'm not mistaken that's a part of a hearing aid. You have a hearing impairment, right?

Comment

• Castor
              • Nov 2009

Hit Sephora and Blue Mercury today checking out various lotions and potions and got mad compliments on my MA+ biker, including: "that jacket is on point, you are giving me Matrix 2003".
              Originally posted by DRRRK
              The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• Auburn
                • Dec 2012

Was told by a co-worker that a friend of hers said that I looked like a monk, ("calm and very spiritual") after running into the both of them while I was wearing all Yohji Yamamoto. I felt it was a nice compliment.

Comment

• t-bone
                  • Dec 2009

Oh I forgot to post about this. Last week I rolled into the gym after work with a Harnden porkpie hat and suspender pants on and one of our coaches asked me if it was "Hipster Hobo Halloween."

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Get ready for more since you took the Harnden plunge. :)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pregnantbob
                      • May 2011

Got complimented in a hardware store... of all places... started about my watch then to my pants then boots.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

the thing about going FULL Harnden is that you do kind of look like a character. not like a costume. but you look how people imagine people once looked.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Lane
                          • Aug 2010

I didn't wear a costume last halloween and just wore my julius drape cardigan and a bunch of other crap, and people thought I was in costume just as I thought they would

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Lane View Post
                            I didn't wear a costume last halloween and just wore my julius drape cardigan and a bunch of other crap, and people thought I was in costume just as I thought they would
                            i did the same and wore a plague doctors mardi gras mask and got "oh eyes wide shut!"

Comment

• kuriz
                              • Nov 2010

Received a pair of Ann Vitellos from re-porter and had to wear them that same night going out to a electronic music festival called Strøm to dance and have a good time. After only standing a few minutes in the afternoon listening to one of the warm up sets, this pretty looking 55~ year old woman comes over to me with a great smile on her face and while looking into my eyes she said: "those has got to be the most beautiful boots that I have ever seen. If I were your age I would have made a hit on you!". She then laughed out loud, hugged me and walked off to her party. Was a very nice compliment that made me happy and it was a great start at an awesome festival-concert-thing. So not really a 'strange' reaction to my clothes but rather a very pleasant one.

Comment

• profondo nero
                                • Aug 2012

When you are a stranger..

People are strange.. It makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable when people comment on my clothing yet no one ever comes up to me.. Even recently after I went to the cinema with my girlfriend I heard someone from the crowd whispering about me referring to me as ‘scary guy in black’.. ??lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎