X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shucks
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
    "Ride" an UFO? Being a spaceship I feel one would pilot it.
    unless someone/something else is piloting it, in which case u would only be along for the ride. or should that be 'flight'...?

Comment

• Resonkuken
      • Oct 2012

"Take me for a ride on your UFO!!"... yep, that sounds alright.

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

I've generally seen that for the most part, no one really gets any "offensive" comments on their outfits, even those among us who tend to reach for the outer limits (RO/CDG runway looks). I used to live in areas devoid of any non streetwear fashion and I always get the classic lines like vampire hunter, etc. if I were to go back to those areas. Otherwise, I can walk around pretty much anywhere in peace. Most recently someone told me that I looked like I was in the Matrix and a bouncer at a bar asked me why I was wearing a girl hat (was wearing number nine preacher hat)
        Originally posted by Faust
        HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

I still haven´t worn my bbs perforated tee out, but I gotta feeling it´s gonna get some looks and whispers from people. I kinda want to wear it to work, layered under another bbs tee since you´re pretty much showing skin if you don´t.

Comment

• Quiet
            Banned
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
            I still haven´t worn my bbs perforated tee out, but I gotta feeling it´s gonna get some looks and whispers from people. I kinda want to wear it to work, layered under another bbs tee since you´re pretty much showing skin if you don´t.
            i wouldnt test it out at work. you have to work with those people day in day out. whenever i get a new piece thats a bit striking i just wear it around the city. the best way to break something in is just dont give a fuck what people think. so put yourself in an environment that is conducive to that. i fortunately live in NYC so it's rather easy to wear whatever you want here because while you may see my nipples through my tank top there's more than likely a homeless man shitting in a paper bag 5 feet away from me.
            Last edited by Quiet; 05-08-2015, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• yay
              • Sep 2014

^i walked past a guy with red glitter covered shoes, white pants and a red glitter covered top hat today on campus, he was on way to a class. and nobody cared. so not sure how well that works, i think almost all people on the street just flat out couldn't care less

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

I don't think it's that nobody cares as much as it is a sort of detachment from people you don't know that is required of being in a big city. If that man ran into people he knew who weren't accustomed to seeing him like that, then I'm sure the reaction would be very different. Or maybe not, honne/tatamae can go a long way.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                  • May 2014

While visiting a friend in Boston two days ago we stop on campus to use the restroom. Unfortunately we can't go through because the faculty is closed or something of the sort. My friend explains he's a student there and kindly asks if we can go through quickly. Security guard asks us with a concerned look "Are you performing?". Friend quickly responds "Yes".
                  He grimaces briefly, looks around him and says "Ok but be quick"

A few moments later a lady stops us (there was like 3/4 of us in typical attire). She can't believe what we're wearing.(was typical rick/YY/ccp/julius). She was really shocked by my pants and seriously looks at me and says "But those are your sister's right??? ".(wide leg YY cropped pants).

Keep in mind one of my friends knew her and she probably would've gone on her merry way without making any comments if that weren't the case. Still an awkward and weird experience nevertheless.

Comment

• Indes
                    • Feb 2015

I live in a small town in southern AZ and this entire state is devoid of any sz style to my knowledge (scottsdale maybe, but even then its a stretch). The only negative comments I ever get are on anything drop crotch. Ive heard all of the classics "it looks like you are wearing a diaper!" To " It looks like your legs are tiny" ect (whenever I wear RO sweats/pods, mind you properly styled with overlong tees ect) but other than that I have only recieved compliments on more tame piece like my all black leather ramones and waxed RO pants. If there is anyone else out here in this desert wasteland let me know

Comment

• TheLoudLine
                      • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Indes View Post
                      I live in a small town in southern AZ and this entire state is devoid of any sz style to my knowledge (scottsdale maybe, but even then its a stretch). The only negative comments I ever get are on anything drop crotch. Ive heard all of the classics "it looks like you are wearing a diaper!" To " It looks like your legs are tiny" ect (whenever I wear RO sweats/pods, mind you properly styled with overlong tees ect) but other than that I have only recieved compliments on more tame piece like my all black leather ramones and waxed RO pants. If there is anyone else out here in this desert wasteland let me know
                      The odd comment I do get on my drop crotch sweats are people thinking I'm just wearing them around my ankles. I did get a "that looks comfortable" two days ago which was nice because they really are comfy as fuck.

Comment

• thinbuddha
                        • Jul 2011

i honestly don't understand the diaper comments. no, it doesn't look like i'm wearing a diaper, but there's certainly room there for when i'm older.

Comment

• Zukki
                          • Apr 2015

Never got ANY comments on my Julius hoodies.

A security guy at the Mainstation almost tripped into a young lady though as he was complementing me on my Stone Island jacket.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
                            i honestly don't understand the diaper comments. no, it doesn't look like i'm wearing a diaper, but there's certainly room there for when i'm older.
                            as a father of two, I totally get the diaper comment.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ian+
                              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
                              you don't understand the diaper comments until you see someone else wearing diapers, excuse me I meant drop crotch
                              ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Was walking with mr.beuys in TriBeCa yesterday. A young woman passed us by and said, somewhat admiringly, "You look like two super hero movie villains."
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎