X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinyl Only
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by orlais View Post
    TBH I wore what I usually wear when I was last in Berlin and as long as you are comfortable with what you are wearing and the confidence shows, no one will give you a second look. There are more foreigners in Berlin than Berliners so......
    This is in captain obvious territory isn't it? Sort of applies in Berlin as much as it does in Kentucky i.e. everywhere, well almost everywhere.

There are more foreigners in Berlin than Berliners? Do you mean tourists or just non-Germans? Yes at certain times of the year in certain areas. Good observation.But did you notice that there aren't that many local nouveau riche fashion victims? Most fashion Goth types in Berlin are tourists or recent transplants from other major cities.

Comment

• HugAndWug
      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
      He asked, "are you doing that acting thing?" And was surprised when I said no. No fucking idea what he was talking about.
      Well duh good actors don't say they're acting. It's all about devotion to character man come on.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Just got stopped by one of those charity sign-up guys in Melbourne CBD. Was wearing oversized CDG breeches and a PH silk jerkin.

He asked, "are you doing that acting thing?" And was surprised when I said no. No fucking idea what he was talking about.
        You are in Australia wearing PH and oversized breeches and you are wondering if there is no part of you to play in a domestic historical drama? Come off it!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deadboy
          • Jul 2013

Outfit or not, I like how he called it "that acting thing," as if it's some novel concept Australians are still wrapping their heads around.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

I'm not sure whether these stranger's reactions break our inner fantasies or indulge them.
            bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              I'm not sure whether these stranger's reactions break our inner fantasies or indulge them.
              Hahaha I was trying to articulate something similar, perhaps the former is the latter.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

I'd say indulge

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Well, there was this one time my friend commented on my outfit (uc/soloist) upon seeing me. He said, "You look especially punk today." A part of me that I keep hidden was indulged, but I couldn't help but feel a little exposed by our children's suburban playdate brunch.
                  bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Being a cool dad is awesome.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Arkady
                      • Apr 2011

Comment

• deadboy
                        • Jul 2013

(At friend's wedding, wearing black linen/cotton Poeme suit)

Visibly drunk woman: Hey, you. (Takes drink from my hand, gulps some of it down)
                        Me: Hi...
                        Visibly drunk woman: I just wanted to say, don't change any of this. (Gestures in my general direction) This is great. (Hands back glass, walks away)

Nice to get a compliment once in a while. Also entertaining for the three dudes I was in the middle of a conversation with.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Was she hot?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Dropt
                            • May 2009

Pretty sure he thought you came out of sovereign hill.

Comment

• SafetyKat
                              • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Was she hot?

The most important question after any Miss Hot-Mess story

I was at a party last week wearing a rick tee. The host of the party pulled me aside and started feeling it, going on and on about it would totally show off his chest tattoos. I let him try it so we switched tops, LSS He didnt take it off for about two hours he loved it so much (In his defense, it did fit him perfectly). I think I got it off him by hugging him and saying something like "I love that you love it, but you need to get up off my Rick now" (We were both very intoxicated by that point )

Comment

• En.
                                • May 2015

Originally posted by SafetyKat View Post
                                I was at a party last week wearing a rick tee. The host of the party pulled me aside and started feeling it, going on and on about it would totally show off his chest tattoos. I let him try it so we switched tops, LSS He didnt take it off for about two hours he loved it so much (In his defense, it did fit him perfectly). I think I got it off him by hugging him and saying something like "I love that you love it, but you need to get up off my Rick now" (We were both very intoxicated by that point )
                                Was it as erotic as it sounds?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎