X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hausofblaq
    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Totally agree that the last thing I'd want is to date a "fashion person." It'd be mind numbing. Had this conversation yesterday, actually.
    What do you mean by a "fashion person"? I would say it'd be really hard to date someone that is totally oblivious to fashion, I think the problem of "you spend that much on -piece of clothing-?" would come up way too often.

Comment

• neongud
      • Mar 2013

Looking forward to visiting the fam on christmas. Hanging out with my sister and her bf, both pretty into avant garde stuff, seeing my non judgemental parents again and drinking wine among other things.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

your family is the exact opposite of mine.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• curiouscharles
          • Jan 2008

if my wife were as equally into fashion as i am, we'd both be poor.

thank god for her own interests - they've literally saved us from wading through creeks full of shit in a concrete canoe without an antler.
          Last edited by curiouscharles; 12-04-2014, 05:25 PM.

-

Comment

• Rei
            • Oct 2011

Hardly ever get a comment but when I do it's nothing negative. And I wear the same shit as usual, tho it's nothing extragavant. Guess they're just open minded enough not to blurt out any idiocies.

Comment

• trentk
              • Oct 2010

"nice hat, what is it, sealskin or something?"

(someone complimenting my inaisce beanie, which is the same as the one below)
              "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• daou0782
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                "nice hat, what is it, sealskin or something?"
                you could get one from sruli to tell them that it actually is.

Comment

• trentk
                  • Oct 2010

I'd love to have a pair of sealskin shoes, but haven't been able to find any in my size:

"He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• theseasonofmist
                    • Feb 2011

I echo the earlier sentiments; I have not found the way that a person dresses as a reason to not date them. However, I am realising that fashion sense is more of an issue for men than I originally thought. Two examples to share, which might make the men of SZ laugh:

On a first date I wore all black and played with proportions (tight wool Chalayan top and voluminous CdG skirt with knee-high Marsell leather boots) and the guy’s reaction was: (1) “are you going to a funeral?” and (2) “why are you wearing oversized clothing, I can’t see your shape, and besides, [almost whining] wouldn’t you be more comfortable in skinny jeans?”

On another first date, I wore a Junya parachute top, PH bustle skirt, MA+ short boots and PH bustle coat. The guy’s first words were: “just because we are going to the theatre does not mean you had to dress in a theatrical manner”. He genuinely seemed horrified by the PH look. Things got worse when I took the coat off and he saw my top – he was like “did you escape from a mental asylum?” - I was amused, he was mortified; turned into a long, dull date, unfortunately.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                      • Oct 2012

Those are odd but expected reactions from people who are not into this kind of clothing, or fashion at all. I probably would´ve proposed.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Resonkuken View Post
                        Those are odd but expected reactions from people who are not into this kind of clothing, or fashion at all.
                        expected maybe, but appropriate, no. You need to be a real shithead to say something like that to another person, particularly on a first date. I'm surprised you didn't walk away. Maybe not on the black = funeral comment, but that theatre one was horrible.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

The "I can't see your shape" complaint sounded creepier to me...

Comment

• nomemorial
                            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by galia View Post
                            I definitely agree with this point. I am an advocate of "wear what fits you," but that statement seems more often confused with "wear what makes your body more apparent," which is entirely different.

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by galia View Post

That made me cringe, too. What makes him think he's automatically entitled to that? More of that 'men thinking women dress for them' bullshit.

Wanted to ask the OP if these were blind dates.
                              sain't

Comment

• tonecrush
                                • Jul 2013

wearing white leather ramones..."nice converse!"...fuuu

on the flipside, I was once asked what I was wearing by a fellow student (my m.a+ knit). They then proclaimed that I was a 'god' :P
                                Last edited by tonecrush; 01-21-2015, 09:18 AM. Reason: forgot a part
                                "Never seen someone treat such a piece of crap excuse for a boot with so much care, and precision."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎