X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinyl Only
    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by mgala View Post
    While in Berlin with my girlfriend, i really got confused by people's reactions. Of course we both wore a bunch of black clothes, but no dramatic silhouettes (no drop crotch, no super long tees). But people were staring in a way ive never seen before. I don't know if it's the "issue" but my girlfriend has very skinny legs and sometimes people start talking about them as they are walking begins her . In Berlin, people would stare intensely though and one even poked her sister they could both point at us very indiscreetly we usually just ignore these people, but it actually started making us feel a little uncomfortable.

Anybody else tried something like that in Berlin?
    Well, despite having boutiques like Kostas Murkudis and Darklands its rare to see people decked out in head to toe FASHION ensembles or even all-black outfits. Berliners tend to dress more down than up and also mix their hi and low items in a more practical, unfussy way. Even fashion students at Utica dont do intense all black fashion looks.
    In Berlin I think an all-black look comprised of mostly/all fashion brands come across as trying too hard to (most) Berliners and often designates tourist status in almost the same way as fannypacks and Under Armour do in NY.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by devour View Post
      Why is your t-shirt(rick) see through
      Don´t wear your white see-through Rick T to work. I speak from experience.
      You´ll be amazed how many nipple jokes there are.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• devour
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        Don´t wear your white see-through Rick T to work. I speak from experience.
        You´ll be amazed how many nipple jokes there are.
        Im still a student so i wear them casually when i am just hanging around, and i wear a black one as well. It honestly doesnt look that bad to me, I don't know why its such a hot topic among my friends.

Comment

• Shucks
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vinyl Only View Post
          Well, despite having boutiques like Kostas Murkudis and Darklands its rare to see people decked out in head to toe FASHION ensembles or even all-black outfits. Berliners tend to dress more down than up and also mix their hi and low items in a more practical, unfussy way. Even fashion students at Utica dont do intense all black fashion looks.
          In Berlin I think an all-black look comprised of mostly/all fashion brands come across as trying too hard to (most) Berliners and often designates tourist status in almost the same way as fannypacks and Under Armour do in NY.
          good post. this is so true of my experience of berlin. especially if people are wearing all new stuff that hasn't been beaten up at berghain for a couple of years. still, some people in berlin go against the grain and when they do, they REALLY do - and that is nice to see.

but u mean ANDREAS murkudis, right?

Comment

• Nickefuge
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
            I think he means Costa Cordalis.

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mgala
              • Sep 2014

It's an interesting subject! I'm going to Berlin again next month, and see if it get the looks again Or maybe i will be looking way more mainstream in my new grey, not black, folded kangaroo derbies

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                good post. this is so true of my experience of berlin. especially if people are wearing all new stuff that hasn't been beaten up at berghain for a couple of years. still, some people in berlin go against the grain and when they do, they REALLY do - and that is nice to see.

Oh yeah, whoops!
                I mix the brothers names sometimes...

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                  • Jun 2012

Also, glad to hear you agree about Berlin.^^
                  I noticed this particularly after finding myself in Berlin directly after men's fashion week in Paris. After a week or so in elaborate layered looks I was craving a simple hoodie and leather jacket which at the time I just didn't have with me.
                  The clothes I wear go relatively unnoticed to most in NY but in Berlin they speak much louder. Its fun to play with this volume rather than feel like its always on full blast.
                  I also agree about the extremes there--they certainly don't depend on boutiques to explore their outer limits!�� Which is of course very healthy!!

Comment

• BlacknWhite
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YTheLastMan View Post
                    One of the Doctors I work with mentioned that I looked, "like Dracula" in a Julius long cardigan but did say that he thought it was very 'fashion forward'..whatever that means.
                    As in you're brave for going against the norm. I'd take it as a compliment and not think much of it.

Comment

• voltbird
                      • Feb 2014

"It's not Halloween anymore!" is my favorite comment I've gotten. This was in a Chipotle.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Comment

• voltbird
                          • Feb 2014

^ That was exactly my response!

Comment

• orlais
                            • Oct 2014

Also, glad to hear you agree about Berlin.^^
                            I noticed this particularly after finding myself in Berlin directly after men's fashion week in Paris. After a week or so in elaborate layered looks I was craving a simple hoodie and leather jacket which at the time I just didn't have with me.
                            The clothes I wear go relatively unnoticed to most in NY but in Berlin they speak much louder. Its fun to play with this volume rather than feel like its always on full blast.
                            I also agree about the extremes there--they certainly don't depend on boutiques to explore their outer limits!�� Which is of course very healthy!!
                            TBH I wore what I usually wear when I was last in Berlin and as long as you are comfortable with what you are wearing and the confidence shows, no one will give you a second look. There are more foreigners in Berlin than Berliners so......
                            Instagram
                            Grailed

Comment

• fncyths
                              • Apr 2010

whilst on family vacation and perusing the men's week shows my little niece comments:

-"Are you looking at what you're going to be for Halloween?"

-"... yessss"

-"I'm going to be Ariel"

Originally posted by Shucks
                              it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                              Originally posted by interest1
                              I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Haha, brilliant!!!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎