X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by bukka View Post
    I was being ironic, please don´t harm yourself.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• grapefruitpop
      Banned
      • Jun 2013

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
      I used to be in a relationship with a girl that had no defined taste and would pretty much only consume mainstream-anything. She also had horribly average (and ugly) tattoos. It went well for a while until I couldn´t see past it all and realized she held me back in developing my own taste as well. This sounds real arrogant, I know, but that´s just the way it was.

This was years ago and now I´m with a girl who is not only into similar things as I am, but also shows me new ways of looking at things and inspires me aesthetically and in other ways as well.

I guess with every bad relationship/fling/whatever you get to know yourself better which in return helps you find someone suitable.

TL;DR: "One good girl is worth a thousand bitches" - K.W.

Comment

• guardimp
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        I was being ironic, please don´t harm yourself.
        For some reason this does not ring true. To say your entire second post is irony seems comical, especially since you only say that after you get negative feedback.

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
          For some reason this does not ring true. To say your entire second post is irony seems comical, especially since you only say that after you get negative feedback.
          I admit reciting Kanye after the first part of my post was probably a dumb idea and I guess maybe there wouldn´t be any negative feedback if my joke had been good enough.
          Now can we please get back on topic and forget my rookie mistake.
          Last edited by Nickefuge; 11-29-2014, 02:28 PM.
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• syed
            • Sep 2010

I've never personally seen style or dress sense as a reason not to engage in a relationship with someone, it's merely one piece of the puzzle. Then again, seeing as I tend to wear the same Yohji uniform most days, I don't stand out as much as some here possibly do in their more conspicuous gear. The more comfortable I become with myself and what I like, I find it far easier to engage and accept others as they come - I don't have to change for them, they don't have to change for me, you either work together or you don't.

Sure it would be nice if people were dressed in a more flattering (although wearing baggy Yohji I'm not sure I'd fit into the general consensus of "flattering" fit), or more interesting way, or what have you, but if you are drawn to them enough to want to start a relationship in the first place, then surely the clothes don't matter as much?

Besides the idea of dating someone who was into everything I'm into sounds thoroughly boring. I like hearing about things other people are passionate about, whether it's kayaking or bottle caps, because that true passion for something is intoxicating.
            "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Yes, though I must say I have yet to find a woman dressed in uggs and carrying a Michael Kors bag that I find even remotely interesting. I do think there is SOME correlation between how you dress and who you are. After all it IS a matter of taste and taste is a matter of esthetics and these things do go deeper than the surface for most people. It's just I wouldn't make it a rule necessarily when I meet someone. Still, on the street it does provide pretty decent visual clues and does the editing job.

Totally agree that the last thing I'd want is to date a "fashion person." It'd be mind numbing. Had this conversation yesterday, actually.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gregor
                • Oct 2014

whose funeral is it?

get that one a lot

Comment

• interest1
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by syed View Post

Besides the idea of dating someone who was into everything I'm into sounds thoroughly boring. I like hearing about things other people are passionate about, whether it's kayaking or bottle caps, because that true passion for something is intoxicating.

I dunno, I'd rather borrow my boyfriend's Rick tee than his kayak any day.
                  sain't

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Picturing a Rick kayak right now. Lolz. That slab of concrete wouldn't float and paddling with an antler would be annoying.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• mrbeuys
                      • May 2008

Best of sz
                      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• guardimp
                        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                        Picturing a Rick kayak right now. Lolz. That slab of concrete wouldn't float and paddling with an antler would be annoying.
                        Concrete canoes work great! You just have to be careful when calculating buoyant force against weight.

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Hello buzz, meet kill.
                          sain't

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

Idk if I´m the only one, but considering holiday season is upon us, I´d be interested to hear of your families´reactions to your clothes. Do you tone down when visiting your relatives? How do you react towards (negative) comments?
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Usually, I break a bottom of off a wine bottle and start indiscriminately swinging.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nomemorial
                                • Jan 2013

Not really recent, but time at home for the holidays reminded me of before I met my sister's husband. My mother says, "oh, you'll like him, he always wears black clothes." This equates to t-shirt and Dickies. Great guy, it's just funny the way parents correlate things.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎