Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

So I was at harveys again and he let me try a LUC cashmere knit (trapezium undershirts) in a size 50 and it fit me...! Strange, I thought I would be a safe 46...does anyone know if these tend to stretch?
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

endersgame he is measuring wrong and you are right. in my mind the correct measurement for p2p is going to be the longest possible measurement without stretching the garment.

its possible to get a shorter msmnt by measuring from the innermost part of the sleeve seam but that is not accurate as it is not the actual "pit".

i also agree with wire that the chest msmnt is a better way to gauge fit. variance in armhole size can throw off the p2p msmnt.

tell him congrats he has a new ph jacket.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

The knits I own have stretch tinywiny, alpaca, wool and cotton (last stretches the most), almost to perfection, although I like them to be a little looser. I have a feeling that his thicker/cozier knits in cashmere and alpaca fits smaller then the cotton ones too. The alpaca I got is a sz 48 and I would've loved to have it in 50, so it's not that surprising it did fit you. :)

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

Hmmm, you are the same size like me normally bestial, no? A 46, sometimes smaller, sometimes bigger.

Well its not really heavy, it's relatively delicate and thin, and suuuupersoft. Quite body hugging. The fit is just right, just wondering if I should size down to be on the safe side if it stretches...

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Yes, exactly!

Heavy/thicker was the wrong word, what I mean is the knit's that's more.... knittier, different wools that is. The alpaca knit is also thin and delicate but very soft, extremely warm and very durable. The 48 I got was very tight at first, but now almost exactly a year later, it has molded itself and gotten a bit looser in the arms, but I still would've liked to have it in 50.

If I know you right, you want a really tight fit, so maybe a 48 would be best and then wear it some to mold it! My issue with LUC and "the right size" is that the shoulders ain't perfect then.

Edit: if it's already bodyhugging, then you maybe should go with the 50 anyway.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Hmmm the fit is perfect right now, not too tight and not too loose. I just fear the exact thing, that the arms will get s bit loose with time...I hate that...one reason why I own almost no thirst but plenty of tank tops,,,hahaha
              No 48 there, give me a lead to a internet source;)

Originally posted by bestial View Post
              Yes, exactly!

Heavy/thicker was the wrong word, what I mean is the knit's that's more.... knittier, different wools that is. The alpaca knit is also thin and delicate but very soft, extremely warm and very durable. The 48 I got was very tight at first, but now almost exactly a year later, it has molded itself and gotten a bit looser in the arms, but I still would've liked to have it in 50.

If I know you right, you want a really tight fit, so maybe a 48 would be best and then wear it some to mold it! My issue with LUC and "the right size" is that the shoulders ain't perfect then.

Comment

• MoFiya
                • Sep 2007

To join the club: I am a Sz.46, too and my merino double layer LS is a Sz.50... But I am also wondering how a size smaller would fit, probably too small as I prefer slim (not tight) fits just as bestial. I would go for a 48 knowing your fit preferences!

edit. on a side note: why should the arms stretch out when there is no force pulling on them (e.g. being skin-tight now)?
                I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• bestial
                  • Jun 2008

Hehe, loose in this case are "comfortable" not blood stopping. Overall the stretch ain't noticeable, more than a more comfortable feel. There is a "luc knit aging"-discussion in the LUC thread that says almost the same.

If it should, after a year of wear, stretch out, just sink it in the tub and let it dry and it'll tighten up some.

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

just to paraphrase the measurement problems he has with the mac coat...he says from his own measurements, the pit to pit seam is 20"..and if i want to consider pit to pit as side to side it's around 22.75?

i have no idea where he's getting 20"..

then he goes to say the shoulder is like 17.5" because of the awkward measurement over the collar. i wonder if he bothered to measure the shoulder from the back side without the collar in the way?

and he says that he considers the length of a coat the entire length. so if you measure this coat, you pop the collars and measure that too. how does that in any way affect the length of the coat below the collar??? WTF?

so basically, this is unwearable...and the color is wrong. even though i stated the color is a washed navy discolored from wear and showed the coat shell in daylight, flash, and incandescent.

Comment

• skinfade
                      • Jul 2010

Does ccp leather jacket fit true to size? I normally wear 46\48 in most of brands, but I heard that it fits slim... should I size up or not?

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

I have the stretching problem the most with my Rick t. Arms are so loose that I could put two arms In it...I guess that part stretches the most bc of constant movement and bending and so forth.

Ok, let's see...thanks guys!

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                        To join the club: I am a Sz.46, too and my merino double layer LS is a Sz.50... But I am also wondering how a size smaller would fit, probably too small as I prefer slim (not tight) fits just as bestial. I would go for a 48 knowing your fit preferences!

edit. on a side note: why should the arms stretch out when there is no force pulling on them (e.g. being skin-tight now)?

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

Don't think you should compare the two :)

But good luck!

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                            he says from his own measurements, the pit to pit seam is 20..then he goes to say the shoulder is like 17.5" because of the awkward measurement over the collar. i wonder if he

Enders - I have just measuerd my PH classic blazer in Medium

armpit to armpit: 20.5in
                            width across top of shoudlers: 17.5in
                            so i really can't imagine a medium mac can have a smaller pit to pit and shoulder measurement than a blazer
                            Last edited by eton97; 12-04-2010, 02:48 PM.
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

yea 20" definitely sounds small.

did you use the pictures as reference when selling? the pit to pit line is drawn quite high, almost in the middle of the armhole instead of under it. could this be where the buyer is confused?

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                              So I was at harveys again and he let me try a LUC cashmere knit (trapezium undershirts) in a size 50 and it fit me...! Strange, I thought I would be a safe 46...does anyone know if these tend to stretch?
                              not sure which knit this is, but LUC's cashmere does stretch a bit. for example if you roll up the sleeves, they will be a bit looser when let back down.
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

those pictures with lines was just for the purpose of showing where i make measurements. you can't really seem the actual pit area in them, it's just a rough schematic.

this guy just emailed me saying he is physically a 19" shoulder and 24" chest which makes him something like XXXL..

he's expecting to wear this like a t-shirt..

but i still didn't fuck up my measurements..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎