X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikko
    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by darkart View Post
    Wondering if anyone tried these jacket from Paul Harnden SS15 collection(I believe)

I am a size EU46 while an S should fit me generally, here is the measurements

Shoulder to shoulder: 39 cm
    Pit to Pit 48 cm

which the shoulder is too small for me( 41-42 cm for my normal jackets) while the pit to pit measurements is spot on for me.

The same style but unlined size L has a measurement of

Shoulder to sohulder: 41 cm
    Pit to pit: 52.5 cm

shoulder is great for me but pit is too wide.
    Therefore I am looking for personal experience of this jacket. Anyone tried this jacket could give me opinion about this or any PH jacket, should I go for Shoulder fitting or Pit fitting, which one is more important for this/ PH jackets.

Thank You very much
    Go with the pit measures, L will be way too big if you're a 46.

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
      • Feb 2015

Anyone have any experience with Thamanyah shirting? I'm looking to pick up a dervish collar short sleeve and could use some help.

If I'm an S/46 in Rick Owens (intarsia, bomber) and generally a size S, would I also be a size S/46 in Thamanyah?

I'm interested in a shirt from SS '15 in particular.

Comment

• flux
        • Feb 2015

Hey guys, I don't know if this is the place for this, but I am really short(5'5) and relatively skinny(120 lbs) I am wondering if I should give up on trying to dress in anything avant garde. I really do enjoy it. I love the interesting lines I can create as well as just enjoying standing out. Recently however I have started to wonder if it really does look good on me or am I just doomed to have to dress boringly, because of my height. I would love to know if anyone else here has had any similar experiences.

Comment

• zeebee
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by flux View Post
          Hey guys, I don't know if this is the place for this, but I am really short(5'5) and relatively skinny(120 lbs) I am wondering if I should give up on trying to dress in anything avant garde. I really do enjoy it. I love the interesting lines I can create as well as just enjoying standing out. Recently however I have started to wonder if it really does look good on me or am I just doomed to have to dress boringly, because of my height. I would love to know if anyone else here has had any similar experiences.
          Apparently, Yohji Yamamoto is barely 5ft tall. He definitely has no problem pulling off an avant garde look. Stay at it, god didn't grace all of us with model physiques.

Comment

• Guun
            • Nov 2014

Don't give up, you just have to adjust for your proportions. I'm sure there are few users on here around your height, just look at the waywt.

Japanese designers tend to work well, also invest in a good tailor.
            insta ʕᵔᴥᵔʔ last.fm

Comment

• fromcolortoblack
              • Feb 2015

To add to what people have said already, /u/KamikazeSexPilot is 5'6" and pulls of avant-garde outfits fairly well in my opinion. I hope he doesn't mind me calling him out here, but you should take a look at his stuff.

Comment

• braver
                • Sep 2013

Anyone own or tried on this BBS leather jacket?
                1. http://www.verticelondon.com/leather...er_jacket.html
                2. http://archivesf.com/collections/bor...leather-jacket

I'm 1,73 m, 75 kg. Usually somewhere between 46 and 48 (S and M), but due to broad shoulders I hardly zip my MA+ biker in size 50 and wear Rick's shirts and blazers in size 50-52! Should I go for M or L in this BBS having some room inside for the shirt or breathing?

Comment

• tornaremavencer
                  • Aug 2012

I'm 1,72 70 kg and size M was pretty snug on me - would go for a Large if I was to buy one!

Comment

• hluu5
                    • Jan 2013

Tornado Sizing

Hi guys,

I'm eyeing this beautiful pair of tornadoes. Wonder how would it fit? here's the link https://www.grailed.com/listings/597...n-poell-size-7

I'm usually size 9.5,10 in most of my shoes and boots. Wonder if this fit me?

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

depends. with most ccp stuff go with the fit the seller claims. if he claims it's 9-9.5, then it'll be 9-9.5 more than 9.5-10. i'd ask if he lists the size with or without insoles.

Comment

• hluu5
                        • Jan 2013

Gregor, Thank you for your input. The seller said it could fit a 43 without insoles. How big the insole would make in term of comfort? I have pretty flat feet and heel hurts a bit when there's not much cushion
                        Last edited by hluu5; 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• fr_gmnt
                          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by hluu5 View Post
                          Gregor, Thank you for your input. The seller said it could fit a 43 without insoles. How big the insole would make in term of comfort? I have pretty flat fit and heel hurts a bit when there's not much cushion
                          His leather insoles are surprisingly comfortable, imo its required unless you are used to walking on hard uneven surfaces for an extended period. Its probably not healthy to go without them either.

Comment

• hluu5
                            • Jan 2013

I see. Thank you Fr_gmnt

Comment

• Espresto
                              • Feb 2016

Working on a trade with someone, and he's offering Rick cargo pants in a size L. He claims that this particular pair runs small, and would fit a 32. I've usually heard the opposite about Rick bottoms though. Has there ever been a season where cargo pants ran small? I've had people lie about sizing before to move a deal along, so it's hard not to worry.

Comment

• Tiranis
                                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Espresto View Post
                                Working on a trade with someone, and he's offering Rick cargo pants in a size L. He claims that this particular pair runs small, and would fit a 32. I've usually heard the opposite about Rick bottoms though. Has there ever been a season where cargo pants ran small? I've had people lie about sizing before to move a deal along, so it's hard not to worry.
                                Just ask for a photo of measuring tape laid flat next to the waist & hem.

In my experience, don't think it's a stretch that L cargos would fit a 32. But why guess when you can get measurements...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎