Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

just received a bunch of fake rick from a paypal sale. no claim can be made against fake goods unless it's an ebay transaction. great..i just hope my bank will take my side and reverse the charge..

i really need to stop being so trigger happy with people i don't know..

Comment

• CUTUP
      • Sep 2009

^What did you cop ?

Dick sneaks???
      Originally posted by marco-von
      this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• endersgame
        • Aug 2009

uh, i don't want to talk about it. but i'll tell you that there's no protection for buyers when things are "not as described"

you cannot file a claim with paypal if:

- the seller sends you an empty box (paypal says if there's tracking and it was delivered, then you got something! not as described? oh well..)
        - if the item is counterfeit
        - if you ordered a black shirt and they sent you a salmon one.

all because i didn't buy through ebay..

Comment

• diorowen
          • Aug 2010

huh..but you can claim it from your credit card. if you got enough evidence, cc will side with you most likely.
          still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

i did file a claim with my bank. only thing i could do really. paypal partially withdrew from it to pay for the sale. i've pretty much lost what i had in paypal. i'll feel better when the bank will reverse the payment.

i also filed an ic3.gov complaint against the seller. has anyone done this with success (actual money back?)

Comment

• treasurehoard
              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post

i also filed an ic3.gov complaint against the seller. has anyone done this with success (actual money back?)
              It is worth while to file a complaint with them. They can't recover money every time but they are successful in some cases. If they receive numerous complaints from different people about the same person that increases the chance they will investigate and take action.

Sometimes it takes a while for them to get any results. I spoke with 1 person who was contacted 6 months after they filed - IC3 had recovered their money.

Comment

• diorowen
                • Aug 2010

I guess filing a claim thats connected to government such as ic3.gov complaint will take damn long..but its worth to try.. I file a similar claim on June 2010, and until now the money hasn't back yet..and they said it will be taken to the next step on 5th of november..=_=..dont know how many step there are..

Comment

• CUTUP
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                  uh, i don't want to talk about it. but i'll tell you that there's no protection for buyers when things are "not as described"

you cannot file a claim with paypal if:

- the seller sends you an empty box (paypal says if there's tracking and it was delivered, then you got something! not as described? oh well..)
                  - if the item is counterfeit
                  - if you ordered a black shirt and they sent you a salmon one.

all because i didn't buy through ebay..
                  No worries, I can be a nosy SOB

The above listed reasons is why I am very very leery of dealing with anyone who doesnt already have an online repore, at least on other sites. They are trying to force people by gunpoint on to ebay so that they can nick you for more fees.

The fact that they dont allow google checkout either is utter bs to me, its a complete monopoly. You get hit by ebay, you get hit by paypal, even their currency conversion is always off by a few %, so they make money there as well

Hell, even if you got Rick himself to write them a letter, you would still probably not win your case. I feel for you
                  Originally posted by marco-von
                  this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• couturehomme
                    • Oct 2008

just an fyi and this is a HUGE one for sellers in our community...

effective nov 1, paypal buyer protection now also applies OFF-EBAY...

yes...you heard it correctly

protection for "item not received" AND "item not as described" both apply to OFF-EBAY transactions now...

i would not be surprised at all if they also extend "payment holds" to off-ebay transactions as well, so that they can mitigate their own risks in offering this new buyer protection

so...some newbie buys a $3k CCP from you on SZ, receives it, claims it is "not as described" and can file a PayPal claim..

and as all paypal claim goes, they just tell the buyer to ship "something" back with confirmation and they'll refund the buyer

guys, be prepared to use other methods and/or only sell to people who you know...
                    google checkout ftw!

Comment

• diorowen
                      • Aug 2010

I wont sell things to random noobs again starting this november. :(
                      why dont paypal has a better seller protection??
                      can anyone tell me how google checkout works?
                      pros and cons?

Comment

• treasurehoard
                        • Dec 2009

^ google checkout is really not much safer for sellers than PayPal. A buyer can always do a Credit Card chargeback for either merchandise or unauthorized use. There isn't really a system out there that will offer complete protection from all of the scams.

The policy change is good for buyers, for sellers - it is not so great. A buyer can use this to force a return on an item accurately described (they already do this on eBay) causing the seller to refund the entire amount and lose the money they spent on shipping in the 1st place to send it to the buyer.

Considering some sites - like forums - can be edited, posts can be deleted etc it makes it difficult to prove exactly what happened in the transaction. I have a feeling paypal will just decide in the case of the buyer MOST of the time regardless of the legitimacy of the complaint.

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by couturehomme View Post
                          just an fyi and this is a HUGE one for sellers in our community...

effective nov 1, paypal buyer protection now also applies OFF-EBAY...

yes...you heard it correctly

protection for "item not received" AND "item not as described" both apply to OFF-EBAY transactions now...
                          when i spoke to paypal, they were hinting about this but didn't tell me when it was going to actually going to happen..

i guess i don't get the buyers protection on transactions before nov 1..

Comment

• nictan
                            • Jul 2009

With regards to that, can a buyer file a claim for item not as described if the payment was sent as gift? If he can't, then gift payment only for fishy buyers from now on!!!

Comment

• diorowen
                              • Aug 2010

^
                              didnt gift payment makes you sounds fishy?
                              haha. Its hard to force buyer to use gift payment only, and if you do that, it will just make you sounds fishy. well I guess from november 1, the best thing is just doing transaction with people you know safe. or do it in SZ..haha. since I never heard any fishy transaction happening here.. mostly people here are fashion enthusiasm.. they cant be bother to scam.:D

Comment

• cooldudeguy3000
                                • Jun 2010

Hey guys,

I am sure this question has been said a hundred times in equally as many forms but here it is:

I am looking to buy a jacket from a seller and it it not through eBay. He would like to sell it via PayPal Gift. Is there any sort of information/details I should be adamant on receiving from him so I can recover any funds if it turns out to be illegitimate? I am sure he is a perfectly legitimate seller however I want to cover my bases.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎