Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diorowen
    • Aug 2010

yeah..I scammed for like 90usd.. oh well.. expensive lesson..
    well, still need to be carefull though, but at least Sz people are more interested in fashion rather than scamming people..
    may God forgive the scammer..
    haha..
    still trapped in my juvenile state

Comment

• jgan85
      • Apr 2008

is this across the board for all countries to US? Haven't sent anything to the US recently, but saw this letter from my local postal service:

"UPDATE ON SECURITY REQUIREMENTS FOR MAIL ITEMS TO USA

The USA has tightened air cargo security and has implemented several new cargo security rules and processes for international mail packages...

To ensure the safety of flight passengers, one of the new security measures is a requirement that all mail items weighing 16 ounces (453 grams) or greater which are transported on board in-bound passenger flights to the USA can only originate from a business entity that has an established relationship of more than 30 calendar days and an established shipping and billing address.

SingPost is required to make a declaration for every mail item weighing 16 ounces (453 grams) or greater, to state that it complies with the above requirements..."
      ________
      MARYJANE
      Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• treasurehoard
        • Dec 2009

^ that is insane There are so many individuals who ship packages weighing more than 16 oz that the loss in revenue to the world postal systems would be pretty extreme.

USPS does have a policy that international mail over 16 oz:

Note: To comply with international mail aviation security procedures, the Postal Service employee must endorse any item weighing 16 ounces or more that is not accepted by an authorized employee, or that is subject to uncertain acceptance conditions (e.g., if received through a collection box or left on an unattended dock), with a “customer notification DDD–2” sticker and “surface only” and return the item to the sender by surface transportation. Consult the most recent international aviation security procedures for comprehensive acceptance procedures.
        Would think that Singpost would find a way to work around this like inspecting the items prior to shipment or something. Doesn't make any sense to just prohibit everyone from shipping them. Hopefully they come to some rational way to make sure the packages are safe.

Comment

• jgan85
          • Apr 2008

figured it out, its not such a big deal after all - only applies to items which are shipped on passenger flights, and not those shipped on pure cargo flights, i.e. those next-day deliveries - so while there may be problems with 1-2 day EMS, normal airmail and expedited airmail won't be affected.
          ________
          Alaska medical marijuana dispensary
          Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• emixam
            • Oct 2008

I didn't find any replies in the the thread, but my account is being limited now. OK. That is not the 1st time actually, but this time they ask for the sale invoice (+the shipping # of the items I sell). What the hell is sale invoice ? I don't issue any invoice myself when I sell anything - they say it is to make that what i sold was my property, so does it mean they need the pruchasing invoice from the shop....?? Of course I dont have them....

Anyone met this situation before ?

Comment

• mononon
              • Sep 2009

as mentioned before i bought a fake visvim backpack off someone on superfuture. i had my friend who owed me money pay for me. after i spoke to the seller, he informed me he will put money back into his paypal, which takes 7-12 days for canadians, and send the money to my account. now the guy isn't responding anymore...

what defense do i have and what should i ask my friend to do to get "my" money back? should he launch a claim or try to talk directly to the banks? i have an email transcript from the seller admitting to the backpack being fake and agreeing to a refund. cause i don't mind paying 100 bucks and getting a fake (should've known better...), but i paid 300 bucks for this bag, which is basically the fair market value, so i'm not too happy...
              calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• beardown
                rekoner
                • Feb 2009

Mon,

The guy who paid will have to open a dispute. Send him all the evidence and confession and let him explain that he purchased it for you.

It's going to sound sketchy and shady to Paypal unless it's presented as your friend buying the backpack rather than your friend paying for it for you. I'd try to eliminate that part of it unless it escalates to the point where you need evidence.

First step: Friend opens up a dispute for the exchange. Explains that the seller admitted it was a fake and add all the pertinent details in that first dispute. Make sure it is clear that if necessary, you can provide evidence that it is a fake per his admission.

That may be enough to scare the seller into apologizing and making it right.

From what I understand, Paypal is horribly incompetent when it comes to fakes because each situation is complicated and requires evidence and Paypal isn't qualified to judge whether something is fake or not so you bear the burden of evidence or it won't go through.

You know how the general public is...there are people saying things are fake that aren't and people accusing because they sometimes don't even know what a real version would look like or feel like.

By all means open the dispute ASAP but in the meantime, gather your evidence and be ready to present it fully.

I hate to say it but the key is to avoid fakes by dealing with reputable sellers. I know the temptation is tough at times but as they say, ' if it seems too good to be true, it likely is.'
                Know what you're buying, know what to look for and ask for specific images before you lay down the cash because getting it back could be tough in any case where a fake is involved.
                Originally posted by mizzar
                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• mononon
                  • Sep 2009

thanks bdown

problem is that we have to somehow let paypal know that the payer and buyer are different, because the paypal address has my friend's name and the chat transcripts have mine. i actually trusted the guy and gave him time to "transfer" the money... regardless he was a member since 07...

anyways, anyone here in alberta canada and want to pay someone a visit? (partially joking / partially serious)
                  calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• theblackpalette
                    • Aug 2010

don't know if this has been posted, but have you guys read this:

Comment

• Johngd
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by theblackpalette View Post
                      don't know if this has been posted, but have you guys read this:
                      http://www.paypalwarning.com/
                      ^^That is scary but it feels like paypal is the only good alternative anyway .

Comment

• Prototypes
                        • Oct 2008

has anyone ever got their money back via other means (talkng to customer service, complained thru mails/surveys) through a closed dispute which you didnt have enough time to escalate into a claim?

Comment

• sinbad
                          • Dec 2009

If I pay a personal payment and the seller does not ship to me.
                          Can I have some claim to paypal?
                          ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• gnow
                            • Jun 2010

^ if you paid by credit card, you could request a chargeback from your credit card company. But you have no chance of being refunded by paypal if you use personal payment.

Comment

• magic
                              • Feb 2009

just make a payment through Paypal(send via payment owed option), partial balance from Paypal account and the other through credit card, got charged for a fees... anyone has this problem?
                              Focusing on object details

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

yea. happens all the time. i think you only avoid fees when the entire amount comes from your paypal balance. so the trick here is to split up the amount and send the payment separately. first send whatever you have left in your balance. and then send the remaining via credit card. thus, you only get charged fees for the latter amount.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎