Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magic
    • Feb 2009

Thanks..but i dont have this problem before until today. Got to know from another member that Paypal changed their rules, even for Gift payment there is also a charge of fees.. I am not sure if it apply to all...anyone?
    Focusing on object details

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

if a personal payment comes from the credit card, I think there is a fee.

there is also a "cross border fee", which applies to personal payments as well, even if the currency is the same and it comes from paypal balance. not sure what the countries are that this applies to, probably between continents at least. this info is difficult to find and they just sneak these fees into payments.

additionally, like Nictan said, if you happen to send a payment where part of the money comes from the credit card, paypal will shamelessly take the fee from the entire payment, including the part that comes from your account balance.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• nictan
        • Jul 2009

yes. i left out that part. i send payment to Japan all the time. And i always send the payment from my Paypal balance, but there will always be a tiny fee incurred ~0.3% despite sending by gift. guessing its the cross-border fee. but still, it is alot less than the 4% fee incurred otherwise if i send via credit card. however, i dont encounter that issue when sending to other countries.

so i dont think it is a matter of continent, but specific rules in that country. just like how Japan paypal does not allow sending of payment by gift, although they allow receiving of gift payments.

Comment

• sinbad
          • Dec 2009

Paypal restricted and definitely frozen my account because I sale items last month and buyer pay as gift, but the problem is that before I pay by credit card to proxy bid item from japan, but did not win the auction. So proxy is refunded to me.
          But money is not returned to my credit card, but it returned to my paypal balance is thay still restricted i explained them, but they told me to wait, I just wonder Why did not return to my credit card?
          I was surprised and not trust paypal.I want to know who used to be like this?
          ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• magic
            • Feb 2009

i dont remember if i got charged fees when part of the money comes from the credit card.. Maybe have to wait till my nexts transaction to see if i got charge as the money will be direct from the credit card. i hope not...
            Focusing on object details

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

RE: personal payment from credit card. i got a payment from the UK (to Canada) as a gift and I received a flat 1% fee

don't know if it is universal, probably isn't

Comment

• edhohoho
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                RE: personal payment from credit card. i got a payment from the UK (to Canada) as a gift and I received a flat 1% fee

don't know if it is universal, probably isn't
                I think the 1% is due to the cross-border transaction. I guess they still charge that for currency changes regardless of the gift status of the payment.

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                  • Sep 2010

Has anybody had a fallout with a "Proxy' ?
                  Im kind of worried that using one might be agaisnt Paypals Terms of service (TOS) and they might not honor any sort of dispute claims or Complaints in that nature.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

either use a trusted one or pay via regular payment in which case I don't see why you couldn't dispute it. you are paying for a service or in a way for a product. I don't think paypal really cares where the product actually comes from.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Raw
                      • Oct 2009

I have had a fallout with a proxy before, one time I ended up with a pair of fake jeans even though I paid around retail for them from yahoo.jp. The proxy said he couldn't do anything about it and that I should be more careful when finding items to bid for. He said that next time I use his service, he will waive all fees for me. The next time i wanted to get something, I mentioned the waivering of fees and he refused, so never again.

Comment

• sinbad
                        • Dec 2009

If it is another option similar to paypal.
                        I think a lot will surely run away from Paypal.
                        ART IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, NOT WHAT OTHERS TELL YOU IT IS.

Comment

• unlearnt
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                          I have had a fallout with a proxy before, one time I ended up with a pair of fake jeans even though I paid around retail for them from yahoo.jp. The proxy said he couldn't do anything about it and that I should be more careful when finding items to bid for. He said that next time I use his service, he will waive all fees for me. The next time i wanted to get something, I mentioned the waivering of fees and he refused, so never again.
                          This suck totally... Espeically u can do absolutely nothing to counter this..

Comment

• PaintedBlack_7
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                            What did you do? did you file a dispute and get your funds back, or have your proxy file a dispute with the seller on yahoo?

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

The proxy said the seller went overseas and couldn't do anything about it. Never got any funds back

Comment

• mike
                                • Dec 2006

since when could non ebay transactions be disputed as significantly not as described?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎