Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadboy
    • Jul 2013

Is your next step going to be fighting crime?

Comment

• DudleyGray
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
      Is your next step going to be fighting crime?
      Originally posted by noumenos
      it is unfair deadboy, but I had a good laugh though
      Not unfair, I was going to make a similar joke in my post but couldn't come up with a good delivery.

On a related note, my gimp hoodie is draped around my shoulders as I write this, haha.
      bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Dorje
        • Oct 2013

I've bought a box of granola bars to give out to homeless. They used to be on almost every busy street corner around here waving signs but there are fewer these days, maybe people got tired of it or police decided to stop allowing it. It's a difficult subject on whether it's a good idea to give and whether it actually helps anybody. A great majority of them want money to buy drugs and reluctantly accept food.

Comment

• newp
          • Feb 2013

Take a bag of cat food (hermetic one) for stray cats then just like I do. They were grown to be pets, home creatures by genes for a long generations but then humans abandoned them, who depend on humans to survive.

Of course the best way to help them are donations to societies which catch stray cats, neuter them and release into the same area afterwards, but at least feeding strays is great as well. They never refuse.

Comment

• DudleyGray
            • Jul 2013

^ You are a cunt, get fucked.

Yeah I agree that it's debatable whether it actually helps them at all, but I figure their situation is just so bad that I'm in no position to make that call. I'm just willing to alleviate some hunger pains or buy them an umbrella or whatever. I'd never give them money, for those reasons listed. I haven't encountered any giving food out, but then I've only given to people who had signs or were asking. I don't feel right just going up to people that look homeless and offering them meals. I did have a lady say "you didn't buy me nothin" as I was dropping off some food for a guy, I told her that they could share.

Comment

• newp
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
              ^ You are a cunt, get fucked.
              Ugh, what?

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Originally posted by newp View Post
                Ugh, what?
                Wait, were you not satirically comparing homeless people to stray cats? Or were you legit talking about stray cats? If the latter, my apologies, I got confused because I didn't see cats in the conversation thread, not that I don't have any concern for them.

Comment

• newp
                  • Feb 2013

Wait, were you not satirically comparing homeless people to stray cats? Or were you legit talking about stray cats? If the latter, my apologies, I got confused because I didn't see cats in the conversation thread, not that I don't have any concern for them.
                  Of course not, I was talking about stray cats.
                  It's difficult to distinguish a natural homeless person begging for food to live another day from someone almost literally employed to collect money for his so-called authorities. So, if you don't have kind and carefree soul enough not to think about it and give money to anyone who asks you, if you start to think who is honest and who is not, if you start to take food for them instead of money: it's much better (for me) to feed stray cats than to look at your food being thrown away and hear a hissing "f*ck you and your bread, give me money instead".

If you can't accept the idea of all beggars being honest, choose someone to help who is always honest. For me, it's cats.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                    • Jul 2013

Ah, I see where you're coming from then. I'm sorry, I can be impulsive and crazy sometimes, and I like the idea of feeding cats as well. I can't say I would let a bad apple homeless guy affect me enough not to continue feeding them, though, a lot of this I do just for me to keep my perspective.

Comment

• deadboy
                      • Jul 2013

Not unfair, I was going to make a similar joke in my post but couldn't come up with a good delivery.

On a related note, my gimp hoodie is draped around my shoulders as I write this, haha.
                      Yeah, just having some fun. Side note: there is a 'real life superhero' in Vancouver who basically does this... just at night in a pretty shady part of town. And not in Rick. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article600712/

The 'wearing luxury clothes while others go hungry' dilemma is one I struggle with as well, so whoever has found a way to reconcile it for themselves, more power to you.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by deadboy View Post
                        Yeah, just having some fun. Side note: there is a 'real life superhero' in Vancouver who basically does this... just at night in a pretty shady part of town. And not in Rick. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...article600712/

The 'wearing luxury clothes while others go hungry' dilemma is one I struggle with as well, so whoever has found a way to reconcile it for themselves, more power to you.
                        I love that Thanatos feels so close to death. That's a sort of theme that attracted me to SZ style in the first place. I saw lots of imagery of death, death and insanity, and I have thought about both a lot in my life. I don't see why he does it at night, though, seems a bit unnecessary.

For what it's worth, what I'm doing I wouldn't ever think people should do what I do. I think I am only pushed out of my comfort zone of looking the other way because of my personal life experiences. Had I not been fortunate enough to have the parents that I have, I feel I could easily have ended up as one of them, and I can't not consider that when I see them. But if I'm being honest, I love the idea of people wearing the Rick uniform having a reputation for acting selflessly, complete with complimentary Rick totes filled with meal bars and water and first aid kits.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                          • Jul 2013

So after a week of doing this 1 outfit thing, I've decided that it's just gross. And I can't really buy multiples of the same outfit, this stuff was hard enough to find as it is. But I don't want to abandon the idea altogether, I really do like not stressing about what to wear, whether the proportions, fabrics, and tones work together, so I'm adding as much as I think is practical and easy, which is actually a big change for me. It's typical that I try to reach impossible ideals and then when they don't work out, I let go completely. But recent life events have me thinking that's not the way to be.

Also, I'm fully aware that this is the most inane set of self-created problems possible.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                            • Jul 2013

Originally posted by noumenos
                            you should take it easy
                            I wish I could, trying to learn how :(

Comment

• zen dog
                              • Jan 2014

^ Good response. I see your good strivings mixed with some reactions I don't agree with.
                              I applaud your self knowledge and wish you well in your efforts.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                                • Jul 2013

Thank you, zen dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎