• Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Paris and London shops

[quote user="dontbecruel"]Vertice[/quote]

Thank you!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

You can't drop by London without going to the Maison Martin Margiela store. I'd also stop by Lanvin in Paris if I were you...
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

yea I checked the Lanvin store last time, will probably stop by there again. is the LondonMargiela store better then in Paris? cause I'm gonna drop by there anyways

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kallun
          • Dec 2006

Hello all,

I am one of the quit(er) appreciators of the fora. I will be in London between the 24th and the 29th this month. I frequently visit London and have a god knowledge of what and where to do most of my shopping. As I will be a little busy with work related stuff It would be great to hear any pointers of what shops have stocked up well for autumn right about now (and even better if any great sales are still on :) ).So if you have any uptodate tips that would be appreciated. Ofcourse I will gladly check stock for you guys in the stores I visit (which will probably be the usual suspects) and could ship out some items as well if that would help any of you.

Kind regards,

/TKL

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

I found this shop inNotting Hill, Londonnear Matchesthat's worth a visit. I cant remember the name (i believe it was a number), but its a5 minute walk from matches on Ledbury Avenue, on Westbourne Grove beside Nicole Farhi.

Anyways they stocklots of men's Raf Simons,Y's and Peachoo + Krejberg.

And of course Matches itself is worth a visit. Though they have yet to recieve any RIck Owens and limited Lanvin.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

currently in Paris and suffering from a nice bacterial sinus infection or whatever it is english, went to a doctor today after sleeping for 30 minutes last night and got some antibiotics :P

checked out L'eclaireur on rue Herold and Malher. Herold had pretty much the usual stuff but I think they had more womens suff than before. Malher had a better selection of Undercover which I was looking forward to seeing, one of the peacoats was amazing, thinking about going back ontuesday for it :) Poell selection there was very small, just a few white shirts and a couple of jackets/blazers.

went to Rick Owens, surprisingly small selection there. only a few different leather jackets, none of the one I was hoping. also stopped by Shimji, quite a small selection of stuff at the moment, quite a bit of Kiminori Morishita, few pairs of Guidis and a couple of Guidi bags which were awesome. some labels I didn't know and cant recall. Maria Luisa didn't have that much interesting stuff for me, lots of Alexander McQueen.

going to London on Monday and will be here on tuesday. anyone have suggestions on where to pick up some shoes? I'm looking for some simple black laceups, I really liked the classic CCP ones I saw at L'ec but they were a bit much for me, but something like that, maybe slightly lighter. maybe n.d.c, Fiorentini+baker or along those lines?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Mike, sorry to hear you're feeling bad, get well soon!

Any nice CCP items at Rue Herold from this current Fall season? Also, I can't believe RO didn't have the leather jacket you were looking for. I wonder if they sold out of a lot of thier stock? Just weird.
                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

antibiotics are already kicking in so today has been better :)

Rue Herold had several white shirts, a couple of grey and black ones and the grey jointed elbow shirt which was really nice. the cut was very long though, as is on many of the shirts. the grey checkered one I gotwas a bit shorter so it can also be worn untucked which I like to have as an option. this one had slightly curved sleeves, from ss07.

they also had the fencing jacket (I think, I'm not that familiar with the jackets), overlock pants in light grey and white, a few pairs of black pants (incl curved leg ones which I was interested inbut not my size) and someamazing reversible grey/black overlock pants which I tried on. those were just nuts, only thing I didn't like was the button system which was a bit tricky to close.oh and alsoseveral grey blazers and black.I'm not completely sure which were new pieces, I need to look over some of the posted pics from this season. oh and they had a few jewelry pieces, the huge safety pin, a bottle opener and a very cool keyhole type of pendant. also some weirdminiature leather pouch which was over ?300 :D as for belts, they didn't have the nicest ones, leather ones were a slightly thinner (I think..) light colored one and two rubber ones which apparently are new, I prefer the leather though.

also saw the ma+ accordion bag, looks better in person. they had some wallets as well, seemed really cool being made from one piece of leather. acually usable as well!

by the way Nicolo Ceschi Berrini also seems to use overlock details on some items this season, the black pants I got from Rue Malher had some overlock seams and they also had a blazer with some great details.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Awesome Mike, thanks for all that! Also glad to hear the drugs are kickin' in :) , hope you find some cool stuff in London.

*Man I wish Rue Herold did International orders.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

no prob!

oh and they also had the detachable / layered button up, the one Atelier has. a neat piece but quite thick for a shirt, this one was also a bit shorter then other shirts. and also a longsleeve taped seam t-shirt.

by the way, does anyone know about Yohji Yamamoto's store(s) in Paris? the old location (Etienne Marcel)was turned into a Y-3 store [:^)]

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

Mike, do you recall how much the CCP fencing jacket was?

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

sorry dont remember, I looked at so many price tags in a row I forgot [:$]

if I get a chance to go back I will check, or maybe someone else remembers?

Comment

• sbw4224
                            • Sep 2006

Mike, Harvey Nichols had some decent shoes by N.D.C. and Fiorentini+baker last time I checked it out. You could probably try Liberty's for those brands as well.

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

hmm I was kind of in a hurry so I just peeked in, all the windows had Y3 tapes and the whole ground level + window was Y3 so I kind of assumed they changed it, maybe they still have regular stuff in the basement then, will check if I have time.

I will definately check out bon marche, that was the only department store I was going to check anyways ;)

Comment

• dontbecruel
                                • Sep 2006

London's YY flagship has been the same since last season unfortunately: nothing but Y3 logos in the front of the store, with all the Yohji mainline stock at the back and the Y's down in the basement. A real shame, but it must be good for business I suppose.

By the way, talking about the great man's retail practices, has anyone ever made it to the Yohji outlet shop in Leccio near Florence? I have fantastical dreams about the place but have never had the chance to go.

All the YY shops and stockists in Europe discount his items to 40% at the end of season and are only allowed to run their sales for a couple of weeks. I think these rules even apply to big department stores like Selfridges. Obviously 40% off Yohji prices is still very expensive, so a lot of nice stuff goes unsold. After that, apparently all the stock for the whole of Europe goes to this outlet, where it gets heavily discounted. At least that's what some of the staff in the London shop have told me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎