• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Paris and London shops

In my experience, Paris is the only place where the department stores are not worth visiting.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ardeetee
      • Apr 2007

[quote user="wire.artist"]posh??? I would say not overcrowed, no tourist,and a beautiful interior by andre puttman (spelling?)possibly the best interior designer of the xxth centuryIMO La grande epicerie is much better than lafayette gourmet.[/quote]

Posh meaning that it has a more luxurious feel to it and they carry higher end items, I definitely prefer a visit there than the others :) I totally agree, it's way less crowded than printemps and lafayette and the market is much nicer, but of course it's also a bit more expensive. You won't find nearly as many tourists here and the escalators that run down the center are also awesome, as long as you're not afraid of heights!

Comment

• droogist
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]In my experience, Paris is the only place where the department stores are not worth visiting.
        [/quote]You've obviously never been to a Dutch department store (and I suggest you keep it that way). ;)

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"][quote user="Faust"]In my experience, Paris is the only place where the department stores are not worth visiting.
          [/quote]You've obviously never been to a Dutch department store (and I suggest you keep it that way). ;)
          [/quote]

LOL, no I haven't. I didn't even know they have those!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]In my experience, Paris is the only place where the department stores are not worth visiting.
            [/quote]

what goes for mens wear, I definately agree. in september I only went to bon marche, but last time I was at printemps and lafayette both were very underwhelming. but I think all have some decent womens stuff. Marche had an allright selection of RO, margiela, ann d etc.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• osn19
              • Feb 2007

The bon marche can be alright, since it s small, one hour is enough to make a tour in the male department.

[/quote]

Originally posted by blacksuit
              wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Buckwheat
                • Sep 2006

Thank you for the tips you all. I just got back a week ago. It was wonderful.

Although I didn't do much visit to all the shops, I did go to L'Eclaireur Rue Malher and Colette and passed by some others. I guess for the time I had there I couldn't managed to go shopping and site seeings all at once :)

And I came back engaged! So that's my biggest prize :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Nothing beats that! Congratulations Buckwheat!!!
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

[/quote]

Wow! Congratulations, Buckwheat! No wonder you haven't been around much lately :-)

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

Thank you for the tips you all. I just got back a week ago. It was wonderful.

Although I didn't do much visit to all the shops, I did go to L'Eclaireur Rue Malher and Colette and passed by some others. I guess for the time I had there I couldn't managed to go shopping and site seeings all at once :)

[/quote]

Congratulations, Buckwheat!!!!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                        • Sep 2006

Thank you guys. It was a wonderful trip and we had a great time.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                          • Dec 2006

first off, congratulations Buckwheat!

secondly, has anybody been to Yasmin Cho? it's one of the 8 stocklists for Volga Volga, and it is said to stock CCP as well. i'll be studying abroad in London in the summer, so i'm mapping out the places i'd like to go, so this thread is a big help to me =) . definitely going to The Library, 59 Broadwick, and DSM, and Yasmin Cho sounds interesting...

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

when you fill out the export sales form for VAT refunds, can you produce a photocopy of the ID page of your passport, or do you need your original passport with you?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Depends on the store - most don't care. I've bought stuff without passport, they just leave the passport # line blank, and you can fill it out later. Just make sure your have your real passport when leaving the EU ;-), and most important, some airports are anal about you showing the merch, so don't check your luggage in until you do the VAT (that means arrive early to the airport).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                                • May 2008

Hello, I've just bought planetickets for paris this summer. I am going to stay in the latin quarter - Rue De L'hirondelle, 75006 Paris. I was wondering if any of you knew any good bars, cheap restaurants in that area or close by?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎