X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Glad to see nothing has changed in God's kingdom :-)
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ))))))) something has changed. As you know, it is now the phrase "mutual uncompensated donation on the recommended price", which is a universal and legally confirmed response to any accusation of illegal commercial activity for the Church)

upd
      so it might be worth to open a boutique at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and give Ann and Rick stuff for free to everyone for recommended size of donations?
      Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2012, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Фауст, ну что, сегодня у нас балаклава-день?

I'll be in an unsanctioned rally at the courthouse in the evening. hope that the paddy will not be very stuffy.

FPR! FPR!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Yeah, but here they want you to wear bright clothing. This ain't no rally for a goth ninja. But maybe I'll stand out.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Don't mind. Let's talk about fashion not Russian absurd.
            Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2012, 09:22 AM. Reason: 2 years.

Comment

• Patroklus
              Banned
              • Feb 2011

thoughts after browsing a few boutiques and department stores over the weekend:

- Dior Homme is KVA's diffusion line. Why are the sleeve buttons non functional?
              - Ann's clothes have shitty fabrics and ridiculous padding and interfacing. This is pretty sad because I still like the design.
              - Barney's buyers are pussies. Saks, NM, et al are even worse.
              - Rick is infallible. I wish I had more money to give him.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

non functional sleeve buttons in Dior Homme? ffs...
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• HWith
                  • May 2007

I have Hedi-era DH jackets with non-functioning sleeve buttons. Actually I prefer it that way. Easier to have the sleeves altered. And what use are those buttons anyway, other than cosmetic?

Comment

• Dane
                    HAMMERTIME
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                    I have Hedi-era DH jackets with non-functioning sleeve buttons. Actually I prefer it that way. Easier to have the sleeves altered. And what use are those buttons anyway, other than cosmetic?
                    I think it's just the idea of laziness...will I ever open them? Probably not. But I want the option dammit! I too have slimane stuffs with non-functioners, I don't think it's kva-specific. No one's perfect.
                    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HWith View Post
                      With Ann it's an esthetic choice. She likes longer, cuffed up sleeves. Otherwise, agreed with you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

for me it's just another sign of quality and detail, and when jackets go past a certain price point i sort of expect it
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• shuit
                          • Apr 2012

I always asked the same question in regard to the non-functioning sleeves button in DH blazer. Every time I try to layer the cardigan/hoodies up inside his blazer, I find it quite difficult to let the inside sleeves out. With other blazer I can just unbutton at least 1 or 2 so it doesn't feel too tight at the wrist, but I can't do the same with his. A little too restricting. =(

Comment

• mike
                            • Dec 2006

not too sure about the hoody blazer combo, but why would you pick a slim cut jacket for the purpose of layering under? if it's tight at the wrist, it's probably tight elsewhere too. i dont see how a working cuff would help you out, you'll still end up looking like the michelin man.

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

Dior homo ain't skinny no mo. Aside from a tuxedo and the jeans all the 44s fit like 46s. The SA told me they were intentionally oversized. Either way, I also like to release the cuffs in warm weather.

Comment

• shuit
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by mike View Post
                                not too sure about the hoody blazer combo, but why would you pick a slim cut jacket for the purpose of layering under? if it's tight at the wrist, it's probably tight elsewhere too. i dont see how a working cuff would help you out, you'll still end up looking like the michelin man.
                                hmm mike, as you might not notice it, but my torso are extremely slim comparing to most of my other body parts (I weight 120lb/5"10). The shoulder/length fit fines but the torso/arms width is always the problem as it fit loose most of the times. (most of the skinny guys I knew all suffer this same problem.) Without a little layer supporting them in an inside, the whole slim fit then turn into this awkward boxy shape which doesn't look as sharp as it is supposed to be.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎