Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Czx
    • Feb 2011

Meanwhile I went on an "tornado obsession" which made all the other boots unappealing to me. What do? My wallet says "GODDAMN NO" but my heart says "fuck him".
    néant
    Last.FM paranoia
    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
    0 > ∞

Comment

• avout
      • Nov 2011

Always good to see familiar faces on Y!J.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

lmao.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• incognito
          Banned
          • Mar 2012

Barney's Dallas flagship store is closing.

Comment

• etgreg
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by incognito View Post
            Barney's Dallas flagship store is closing.
            Not surprised. Nothing there of interest; unless your into the usual suspects.

Comment

• the breaks
              • Sep 2007

nothing there of interest unless you're interested in what they have? sounds about right
              Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Poor Bernard Arnault is applying for Belgian citizenship, since the French taxes are too high.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEB
                  • May 2012

^ I read an article about it, saying that the citizenship doesn't matter. He has to pay taxes in the country he spends most of his working time.
                  Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Brussels is an hour away from Paris. I don't know how taxes in Europe work, but maybe it's the same shit for the rich who work on Wall St. and stay in NYC for 180 days a year and go to Connecticut for the rest.

In other idiotic news Arnault will also apparently be knighted. I think it's hilarious how anachronistic and irrelevant the whole thing has become, mere entertainment.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• LEB
                      • May 2012

I agree with you and I am not trying to defend him. It's idiotic none the less.

Here is the article: http://www.manager-magazin.de/untern...854871,00.html

It's in german and my post was a bit wrong too, apparently it's like this:

"For tax purposes the residence is relevant, not the nationality."

Here is a quote from the article (sorry for google translate, but it gets the point across):

"Storm of protest after announcement

The news that Arnault would apply for Belgian citizenship in addition to the French had done in France in the context of the debate on the taxation of large fortunes to a storm of protest. The LVMH boss is the richest man in France, and has the fourth largest fortunes in the world. Given the outrage Arnault assured on Sunday that he would also continue to pay taxes in France.

"I am and will continue to have my tax domicile in France and will, in this aspect, like all Frenchmen, pay my taxes," said Arnault. "Our country must rely on everyone to do their part to counter the severe economic crisis." The application for Belgian citizenship had "personal reasons" and was made several months ago, said Arnault."
                      Hier könnte Ihre Werbung stehen!

Comment

• widmerpool
                        • Nov 2010

I read somewhere in passing that it is for capital gains tax reasons, not income tax.
                        http://asteroidanxiety.bandcamp.com

Comment

• Skye X
                          • Oct 2010

Copyright in fashion is back on the Senate floor: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...-free-software

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

but what does that change to the way things are now? zara or any other highstreet brand can still change the design about 20%, just as they do now, and sell it without getting a lawsuit.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Every girl in Paris seems to be wearing something with leather sleeves and it's in every fucking chain store window. #fuckhighstreetfashinz.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Haha, yeah, I am certainly not hating and they are all well-put-together cuties. The uniformity gets a little overwhelming though (said gothninja on SZ :-)).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎