Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shuit
    • Apr 2012

thanks Eternal, I love everything on you as well. the fit is on point. I wish I can wear ccp like you. the knee details is amazing.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
      • Nov 2007

eternal that looks so good! i'm definitely a fan. i would be curious to see that shirt tucked in but i'm happy with it as is.
      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• avout
        • Nov 2011

Yeah, I'm with them ^, looks awesome.

Comment

• christianef
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
          Not fan of the multi bling rings either. I'd say that the multi WM is one of the most caricatural signs of belonging to SZ.
          lol agreed, is it on on both hand too? you're not michele lamy calme toi. untucked shirt is fine id just wear wider/baggier pants - fitted button down with tighter cropped (cuffed) pants looks too hipster thom browne. you yourself always look great too!

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Eternal what are those sunglasses?

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
              • Oct 2010

Eternal always evinces a hint of the skate kid no matter what he's wearing. In other words, you always manage to look true to yourself. The word on the street is that my CCP special order is in the mail, so you'll see it soon friend. (Paris?)

Tucked shirt is fine: let's not get too dogmatic. So long as the proportions are friendly (or jarring, in that good way), there is no "right" way to wear anything.

Shuit, I was actually relieved to see that you could rock it in something other than a hat and hakamas...it was beginning to blur into the same outfit. Nice work and photos!

I'm working on my "other" computer, and I found this, taken a couple of months ago. I think I was grading papers as the sun was coming up when I took this photo documentation break:

CDG Tricot 1994 Picnic Check Dress Shirt with Attached Kilt

I love this piece because all the details have become classic repeating motives in Rei's work (yes, we're on a first name basis now : P). The features that have become her signatures of sorts include the picnic check, the fact that this is a garment that is both a shirt and with the simple buttoning of an attached piece, also a dress, the fact that a short kilt crosses the front (but not the back.)

The way this dress works is that one buttons it up the front and then brings the piece of cloth hanging down across the waist where it is buttoned on the opposite side.

I'm wearing it the CDG checker shirt kilt shirt-dress with:

Ann Demeulemeester Wool Vest (a staple in my closet)
              Ann Demeulemeester Cropped Lightlane Wool Pants - never a better fit
              and Ys Pony Hair Flat Clogs

MBD
              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• #ruin
                • Jul 2011

lovely, great fit

Comment

• messenoire
                  • Nov 2009

cdg blazer
                  julius button down
                  julius jeans
                  julius boots

Comment

• Pleue
                    • Sep 2011

MetroBulotDodo - Not really liking the check print, but other than that looks good.

BBS shirt, Tikau scarf, RO pants, Ann D bag
                    moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I too have tried to incorporate Deep Purple into my wardrobe this summer, but also failed.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

dat shirt...

i would look so ridiculous in that shirt. esp with a feather necklace to boot. but somehow it works on christian much better.

but quick question. i think thats twice lately we've seen u pair a short, snug fitting tee with a dropped and roomy RO bottom. i always feel like i need a long tee/knit to wear with that type of silhouette. or at least some layers. i feel self conscious otherwise, like its incongruous. i feel like the top needs to be equally out of the ordinary or the bottom because overemphasized. is this a style lab thing or are u convinced that works for you?
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

I have to agree with Merz, the neckline is not conventional - that's why I liked and bought it a few years ago -, and very feminine indeed. Is it bad looking ? Maybe, I really don't know.
                            I like to pair slim tops with large bottoms, and have no problem with this kind of silhouette (low crotch+low neckline).
                            Last edited by Chant; 09-07-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

the low neckline makes the silhouette work better than it would otherwise. but it also contributes to the femininity in this case. oh well another example of what works for one guy doesn't work for another...
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                                HAMMERTIME
                                • Feb 2011

tits.
                                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎