Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Christian, I'd say the main problems comes from the length of that tee, rather than from its colour or the depth of the neck. A longer one would correct proportions. As for the rest, I can't say I dislike this : it's like The Dude getting lost in a Star Wars movie.

Today :

All CDGH but the shoes. Sorry for the black and white pic : bad lighting and no time to go outside, had to do with an already dark staircase, original colours weren't adding much.
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• trentk
      • Oct 2010

Christian - If you want to incorporate reds or purples into your wardrobe, I think they need to be super dark (almost black, like the darker areas in this Nitsch piece) and worn with otherwise entirely black clothing.

(Or you could just say fuck it, really emphasize the color, and wear the tee with your red ccp boots. Very curious to see how this looks.)

Also, I think color works alot better when stripped of any streetwear references (try it with say ann or ccp rather than rick). Even with rick's non-streetwear offerings, I think the blockiness makes any introduction of color too loud/unsubtle.

Pleue - I usually don't like your fits, but this is perfect. The vertical grain in the pants allows you to get away with what would otherwise be a far too unstructured fit. Without the vertical grain: unseemly blob. With the vertical grain: sinister creature emerging from black mist.
      Last edited by trentk; 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM.
      "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
        Is it bad looking ?
        Yes. Looks like an American Apparel find on the sales rack of the women's section.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
          The vertical grain in the pants allows you to get away with what would otherwise be a far too unstructured fit. Without the vertical grain: unseemly blob. With the vertical grain: sinister creature emerging from black mist
          my impression was the complete opposite - the texture emphasises a pyjama-like look to me. I'd imagine it much better with trousers in a more "solid" or structured fabric.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• trentk
            • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
            my impression was the complete opposite - the texture emphasises a pyjama-like look to me. I'd imagine it much better with trousers in a more "solid" or structured fabric.
            Pajamas, yes... but elegant rather than slobby pajamas. J-seam or twisted trousers would also work. (A little torque to synch with the movement in the upper half.)
            "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
              Yes. Looks like an American Apparel find on the sales rack of the women's section.
              imo you should refrain from this kind of posts, given your complete lack of contribution to this thread
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Point taken.

Comment

• ashamed
                  • Jan 2011

i think this might be my favorite M-m fit evar.

Comment

• Czx
                    • Feb 2011

It looks good on you Christian but I do have mixed feelings about the shirt. It does work though.

M-M, the lack of colours only adds to the photo and fit itself imo. Looks great!
                    néant
                    Last.FM paranoia
                    Ambient/noise/glitch/eai / On FB
                    0 > ∞

Comment

• Pleue
                      • Sep 2011

Trentk - Thank you so much

lowrey - Good point. Trousers with more solid fabric would give some sharpness to the look and obviate the pajama vibes..

M-M Awesome. I like this fit a lot.
                      moderation kills the spirit

Comment

• shuit
                        • Apr 2012

MBD: Cute as always- I love how brave you are to play around with different pattern/colors. Best thing is it fit you and only you could wear it properly.
                        Messenoir: Lovely lines of silhouette! just like how Tatsuro want it to be.
                        Pleue: Pete, always good! the fabric texture look so comfortable and the lines of creases are just
                        Christian: I personally think that the neckline/size of the top is the worry there.. It's a little too low and fit a little too tight on a muscle man like you. Conceal that with a hoodies and I think it will make a whole fit look a lot more tough.
                        Mail Moth: right click, save image as. fantastic fit! The shadows and lines of the whole look is art.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                          this is pretty much the same as when record store nerds start getting into Bell Biv Devoe or the Band or something, you get so tired to doing it up that you just start throwing stuff together to keep yourself interested. Even if it's kind of known, you're just sick of trying to change minds.
                          Man-boobs are never good, I think Coltrane would have to come down from Heaven and show me his to change my mind. for a man so fond of diagrams you might want to dissect this a bit. Short purple shirt w/ man boobs+ baggy rick drops is so incredibly bad that it makes both of those items worse. The only thing worse is if you tuck it and wear it w/ flip flops while making some balloon animals. I know you dress super well and few do CCP better, I just think you're bored and reaching for a reaction.

Comment

• Nizar
                            • Apr 2010

DD x LF
                            DD tees
                            Silent Oversize Pants
                            DD Femerus Sandal

Comment

• jojje
                              • Jul 2008

bad pictures. . .

ccp