• Dec 2007

Comment

• rickandjulius
      • Feb 2014

ccp/in aisce/bbs/ccp

Comment

• francojean23
        • Sep 2008

I will just never understand the red shoe thing..

That said, the pants look too much like tights in relation to the structure of the blazer.

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

This just seems like the garments don't fit, or that the image is photoshopped. I strongly agree that looser pants would look much better with the blazer and shirt, though the blazer arms could do to be shortened. Also are the boots normally that orangish?

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

I think it looks good. It's a nice jacket and the pants seem to fit well to me. maybe the balance is a little off with the very slim calf but if i saw you out in the world i would think it looked cool. No need to pick you apart
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• braver
              • Sep 2013

Looks great, rickandjulius!
              And unlike others, I love overall look, lentgh of the sleeves and tightness of pants. But I'd definitely say no for shiny boots.

Comment

• GucciAmen
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by guardimp View Post
                This just seems like the garments don't fit, or that the image is photoshopped. I strongly agree that looser pants would look much better with the blazer and shirt, though the blazer arms could do to be shortened. Also are the boots normally that orangish?
                Why? Carol tailored his - 2010 and onward - blazers (atleast that I know of) to have that exact sleeve length in proportion to the length of the arm..

I do agree with francojean23 however regarding the pants; perhaps your breadsticks would do better in this outfit.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

And no reason to post the fit here either. I don't know why you give this shmuck the time of day.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

there are several reasons for this whole long sleeve nonsense.

the first issue is that because models are generally taller people, show and presentation samples were usually cut with longer sleeves because it looked better on the runway. Somewhere along the line there stopped being a distinction between the patterns for show samples and production samples as a means of cost saving. Then its easier to sell a jacket with a longer sleeve than one that is too short. so it ends up in the store like that because its made to be sold to a large number of people with different arm lengths.

All in all, I think people should get the sleeves of their Jackets shortened in the same way we do the length of our pants......but most people who hang out around fashion forums and buy big ticket items wont, because it affects the retail value......which is a significant factor into peoples clothing choices now.

All in All , I like rick&julius' fit. the shoes need to be dirtied and darkened. the red is just too bright and the footwear too new.....

Anyways. Today.
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fit magna caedes
                      Me specifically? I'll answer for me, dunno about the rest of us.

He was a tool a while back, but we've all been tools at some point, and we've all had crappy fits. Myself, I'm trying to be nicer to people (usually failing, but trying). If people remembered every dumb thing I've done, I'd never have graduated from "dumb kid" to "slightly-less-dumb adult". So yeah, that fit looks like a pretty average cosplay of theaddict, but I suspect it's hard to get into a designer's world if you only buy their stuff online, and therefore you've had to approach them through others' fitpics rather than direct experience, handling, and selection of the clothes. Eventually, I assume, he'll feel comfortable enough to settle into his clothes, live in them, and then he'll become better at wearing them.

I mean, it came to me the other day how young some of the posters here are, and while I'll still give them a whack if they start mouthing off with ignorant anti-women rubbish, I don't want to stick the boot in too hard over their issues with clothes (at least, as long as they actually listen to criticism and are open to others' thoughts, rather than just hurling abuse back at their critics).

And I do feel we need room for people who just...disagree on aesthetics. To me the fit seems safe, average, but some people here seem to like it, and I'm sure some here hate my fits, and if I wanted a forum where everyone agreed I'd be on one of those suit-fetish websites discussing lapel width or some shit.

That said: this is the exact same argument we got into a while back over the two posters (Dorje and Leland) who were banned and who I argued ought to be allowed to gradually "fail better" rather than be kicked out. So we may never agree on this issue.
                      I feel exactly the same way as you do. There is a bit of a background to my post, which will help explain it. The tool in question sent me a PM after the last discussion of his fit (in which I think I was the nicest in my criticism) asking me why I don't ban him if he's such a tool. I told him broadly the same thing that you just did, that I've learned to give people benefit of the doubt and that though he contributes nothing to this place maybe he will. What does he do? Not only he does not reply to my message that I took time and effort to write (as if I have nothing better to do with my busy days than babysitting), but his next post, weeks later, is another stupid Poell fit after a discussion of what a bandwagoneering tool he has been. So, a) he continues to contribute nothing to the forum and b) he obviously has a chip on his shoulder. I am all for yunguns who come here to learn. Displaying your ignorance does not make you a tool, being standoffish does.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• braver
                        • Sep 2013

From the official Julius Prism linesheet:

"Sleeve Length Adjustment Method
                        The tailored jacket series in the SS15 collection allow for sleeve
                        length and adjustment.
                        Subject items ( 497JAM1~3, 5, 6-WS, 7, 8, 9-WS, 10 )
                        _ Suitable Length
                        The suggested length is between the base of the middle finger and in between the second knuckle."
                        Then the pics that shat show how to cut the sleeves properly

I cutted my blazer's sleeves (one of those listed) just 1 cm. more than this (found the info later) and now I feel they are short.
                        Yes, they are slimmer that those of CCP and look totally different, but anyway.

P.S. Great pic, master Zamb!

Comment

• rickandjulius
                          • Feb 2014

Jesus christ this place.... Faust just ban me dude. I didn't need to reply to your message because it was bullshit, I messaged you that after you called me a waste of space publicly. "giving me the benefit of the doubt"? Sure bud. It's amazing how someone who is apparently so busy has enough to time to get so enraged over a picture of a dude wearing clothes. Whatever, point is, I'm tired of being allowed to post here. Please revoke my right to do so.

Comment

• bukka
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                            Whatever, point is, I'm tired of being allowed to post here. Please revoke my right to do so.
                            ^wtf. just leave then
                            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• YTheLastMan
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by bukka View Post
                              ^wtf. just leave then
                              Wouldn't bring as much satisfaction that way...

Comment

• Arkady
                                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
                                Jesus christ this place.... Faust just ban me dude. I didn't need to reply to your message because it was bullshit, I messaged you that after you called me a waste of space publicly. "giving me the benefit of the doubt"? Sure bud. It's amazing how someone who is apparently so busy has enough to time to get so enraged over a picture of a dude wearing clothes. Whatever, point is, I'm tired of being allowed to post here. Please revoke my right to do so.
                                But you get the most responses of anyone in WAYWT -- you're looking at this all wrong, hoss.
                                Last edited by Arkady; 06-04-2015, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎