X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
    ....Whatever, point is, I'm tired of being allowed to post here. Please revoke my right to do so.
    well now that doesn't make any damn sense.

listen, i think people have been a little hard on you which is obviously very easy to do on the internets, and truth be told you brought it on yourself a little bit. but everybody is being a little too aggro in this scenario.

there is an innate rejection around here towards posters that jump around label to label and style to style quickly because it gives off a "dressed by the internet" vibe that is anathema to SZ, which so values "authenticity" and thoughtful inspection of clothing and style. but perhaps they are wrong about your intentions? maybe you are just enthusiastic in exploring a new element to your passion, wanting to taste all 31 flavors.

either way its the same old advice from me. read more, post less. and for sure post less in waywt and recent purchases. less consumption more research and learning.

BUT, i can't help but recall an era when waywt was filled with "Style lab" type posts. testing the waters of different designers and styles. Christian, for example, posted full top to bottom fits of a variety of styles and designs and finally settled on ccp as being most right for him. full damir doma, full ann d (floral!), full julius, full dramatic rick owens, full ccp and so on. and no one cared because it was presented as a style lab. others did this as well but the point being that it was about fun and learning and trying. not coming to the forum as a fully realized style genius. we were exploring the designers and our own personal styles.

one thing to consider though, was that at that time SZ itself was still relatively young and there was a sense of newness and excitement surrounding all these designers and styles. that has fallen off a good bit and a lot of what was once new and cool is now old and played out. with not much to take its place. and that is the fault of the designers in my opinion.

and SZ was the ONLY source. no instagram, tumblr, or countless blogs and streetstyle photogs
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rickandjulius View Post
      Jesus christ this place.... Faust just ban me dude. I didn't need to reply to your message because it was bullshit, I messaged you that after you called me a waste of space publicly. "giving me the benefit of the doubt"? Sure bud. It's amazing how someone who is apparently so busy has enough to time to get so enraged over a picture of a dude wearing clothes. Whatever, point is, I'm tired of being allowed to post here. Please revoke my right to do so.
      Where is the bullshit in my response? Also, I am not enraged, what a silly thought.

"Originally Posted by rickandjulius
      Eugene,

Hi. Hope you're doing well. With the latest fiasco caused by me doing nothing but contributing to a dead thread, my curiosity is peaked and I'm compelled to ask why I am still allowed to post on this forum. I seem to be nothing but an object for the "old guard" of sz to bully and I am just genuinely curious as to how I haven't been banned yet. I'm not trying to antagonize you for what it's worth.

Thanks,
      Evan

Well, for one, you haven't broken any rules. I don't think you are genuinely interested in fashion, just in dressing, and you are making every textbook faux pa in that regard, but that's not a crime. Unlike Fuuma and FMC, I don't think you are a bad guy, just misguided. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt if I can. Cheers."
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
        • Dec 2011

I remember that even members like shuit (not 100% sure if it was him or someone else) who made gifs to present his ace outfits were given a bit of a warning to reduce their posts in the current thread and contribute more in the rest of the forum. With that in mind I think that the reactions towards this guy are normal, bandwagon behavior and almost 1/3 of his posts in waywt.
        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by bukka View Post
          ^wtf. just leave then
          haha did you hear about "suicide à la romaine"?
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• bukka
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
            haha did you hear about "suicide à la romaine"?
            C'est si noble de sa part

It's quite a clever thing to do actually, if you don't want to please him, you have to keep him.
            Last edited by bukka; 06-19-2015, 05:25 AM.
            Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• gregor
              • Oct 2014

rick
              manamis
              _7

weather climbed above 30 today for the first time in a long time. not a good time to be wearing all black, but i sweat it out. good thing the trousers are so light.

Comment

• MJRH
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                not a good time to be wearing all black, but i sweat it out. good thing the trousers are so light.
                that time of the year again!

"black clothing absorbs sunlight and the heat radiating from your body, but if it is loose-fitting, and there is wind, the wind convects the heat away faster than it is absorbed. White clothing reflects sunlight, but also reflects internal heat back towards your body, so the net effect under identical conditions is less cooling than if you wore black."

full article

(i like your sig, fmc, and so does Piero Manzoni)
                ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• gregor
                  • Oct 2014

Originally posted by MJRH View Post
                  that time of the year again!

"black clothing absorbs sunlight and the heat radiating from your body, but if it is loose-fitting, and there is wind, the wind convects the heat away faster than it is absorbed. White clothing reflects sunlight, but also reflects internal heat back towards your body, so the net effect under identical conditions is less cooling than if you wore black."

full article

(i like your sig, fmc, and so does Piero Manzoni)
                  good read.

reminds me of a piece I read on the tuareg people, who in spite of being saharan nomads, mostly wear deep blues and darker shades. interesting our common misconceptions about stuff like that. either way, it's getting harder to dress in any colours with this heat

Comment

• byhand
                    • Dec 2011

The whiteness or blackness of a fabric may absorb/reflect light(heat) in varying ways but what is more important is the weight and tightness of weave in a fabric, hence summer blacks tend to be a lighter fabric. Most of us spend the bulk of our time in a climate controlled environment anyway, so not sure why it matters much.

Comment

• nvsnli
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                      But you get the most responses of anyone in WAYWT -- you're looking at this all wrong, hoss.
                      Its not what they talk as long as they talk about it.

As a semi-lurker i find this WAYWT thread way too serious.

Comment

• Shucks
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by nvsnli View Post
                        i find this WAYWT thread way too serious.
                        ur just kidding, right?

Comment

• shuit
                          • Apr 2012

Try new things, be open minded about about the critiques (both good and bad).. and you'll learn a lot. Everything take times, be patient.

scarstitch/unstable tee/dior homme d belt/thrift jeans/raf combat sole derbies.

Comment

• LOVE
                            • Dec 2007

Comment

• LOVE
                              • Dec 2007

Comment

• GucciAmen
                                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by shuit View Post
                                Try new things, be open minded about about the critiques (both good and bad).. and you'll learn a lot. Everything take times, be patient.

scarstitch/unstable tee/dior homme d belt/thrift jeans/raf combat sole derbies.
                                Wise words Shuit.

Beautiful fit again; I am always a fan of the slightly top heavy silhouettes with the skinny pants and chunky footwear .

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎