Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DRRRK
    • Aug 2009

This page is full of beautiful shoes. Women have much more choices than men. And that's a good thing. For men!

Comment

• Originally posted by rider View Post
      thanks...tell me about it ... but, not yet. im concerned that they have the quality issues that the mens did.

did you see the cute marni's in the yoox pr?

I talked to a woman with the womens version, and she said the womens shoes have the same quality issue. Hers are starting to give away and she's too upset about it, so she's just ignoring it. I find it utterly CRAP that they're not holding up. Cause they are amazing. I still haven't sent mine back. I'm wearing them even though they're broken. Running to the bus, walking in muddy slopes, anything goes.

Comment

• rider
        eyes of the world
        • Jun 2009

thank you heirloom. i was holding out because of just that fact. too bad really since he they are so nice. hopefully next season there will be an about face on quality control.

Comment

• galia
          • Jun 2009

I really like the Vivienne Westwood pirate boots, but I'm not sure they're not too "hipster" for me. I do sort of want a shoe in this colour though

how is the quality of her footwear ?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

those are iconic. of course, they have spurred countletss imitations, but a connoisseur will be able to take the real thing apart.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post

how is the quality of her footwear ?
              it's not tragic, but it's nothing like it used to be, when the shoes were custom made, or so i've heard.
              i've also found the sizing to be very inconsistent.

rider, love the straps on those, but the heel is a bit frumpy, no?
              i guess that's marni for you.
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• galia
                • Jun 2009

oh, so not the best investment in the world ? are they comfy at least ?

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^i have never tried on the pirate boots, but viv is never about comfort, you know?
                  the heels at least are pretty rough going, and my tolerance for discomfort is quite high...
                  ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

humm, I think I'll go try them on tonight. I sort of hope they don't have this colour in my size, because otherwise it will likely be bye bye monies

Comment

• rider
                      eyes of the world
                      • Jun 2009

i wish maison mm did a version of that boot. ann d. did a gorg strappy boot that flopped around nicely, maybe even better.

i had westwood platforms (the infamous naomi campbell ones) and sold them because of the discomfort factor and they were a tad too small but boy were those shoes magnificent to look at.

i do prefer the pirates with the heel though.

Comment

• galia
                        • Jun 2009

They were out of my size (thank god) but I tried on a bigger pair and the leather is really soft so I think they'd be comfy. I really need flat boots with sturdy but soft leather... Those would have been ideal (I haven't given up on the button-up dream, it just seems to hard to acheave atm)

Comment

• rider
                          eyes of the world
                          • Jun 2009

have you tried m.a+ yet? or trippen?
                          check out this link. also argila joesphine looks to have a victorian slant.

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

Thank you so much for the suggestion. MA+ is the stuff that appeals to me more, the others are too coarse for my taste. argila seems pretty similar to chie mihara ?

I'll just have a look around l'éclaireur, see what pops up

edit: I kind of want guidi backzips though, but they are far too expensive for me to justify it to myself

Last edited by galia; 11-13-2009, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• coccodrillo
                              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                              Thank you so much for the suggestion. MA+ is the stuff that appeals to me more, the others are too coarse for my taste. argila seems pretty similar to chie mihara ?

I'll just have a look around l'éclaireur, see what pops up

edit: I kind of want guidi backzips though, but they are far too expensive for me to justify it to myself

I know exactly how you feel about both the MA+ and Guidi, am praying that I will be able to find either brand on sale.

The amazing thing about trippen is that they have a range of different leathers and veg. dyes. amazing childrens shoes as well

Comment

• LaMartini
                                • Oct 2009

Love those back-zipped boots. Have you seen these similar ones by Fiorentini + Baker? I don't own these, but I do have three other F+B boots (my poor bank account) that I LOVE! The quality is just amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎