X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rider
    eyes of the world
    • Jun 2009

the picture does them justice for sure. serenely beautiful. now on my list in brown.

question. is it insane to want to sell the triple lace ann d boots so i can keep the mmm's instead? really cannot keep both practically, and to be honest, i'm feeling like the triple lace are a bit over saturated on the street and i've wanted the margiela's for awhile and finally found them on yoox.

and yes, i realize they dont compare regarding tall vs. ankle boot, thats not the issue.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

i've never been a fan of the triple lace, so i don't think it's crazy at all....if you're over the triple laces, why not let them go?
      i love the sculptural quality of the leather on those mmms.

any chance for another view of those guidis? i need new ankle boots.
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• calv
        • May 2009

fuck those guidis look good! the picture's atmosphere makes them even nicer.. great buy from the girlfriend avantster

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

rider, don't listen to laika - she checks too many papers these days and thinks of boots in nietzschean terms. if your only worry is their exposure on the blog circuit - believe me, you won't have to be concerned with that in a year from now. trends fade away, boots are forever - like diamonds!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• in my opinion those boots have never been. The MMM's are swirly eternity leather smoke around your feet. <3

Comment

• galia
              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by MonaDahl
              I would personally keep the Anns since I think they are more unusual, also I just love them. I think the Margielas are a little generic, maybe even a little too 80s. But if you think you will wear the Margiela pair more then go with that.

I agree with this statement

Comment

• rider
                eyes of the world
                • Jun 2009

many good points. i put the two on side by side, and the decision was clear...i'm a medieval recruit at heart.

mona, i would love a pair of the tall single lace ones you have though. i hope ann will do another version, at some point, she does tend to reincarnate certain aspects of her footwear.

as for ankle boots, my desire for grey suede tabi's runs deep (thanks galia!)...and those magnificent guidi 3" heels too. must water the money tree...

does over saturation on the blogs annoy anyone else? probably shouldnt bug me but popular culture has this repulsive effect on what i consider sacred territory.

p.s. before i even zipped and tied the ann's my husband said "please keep those".
                Last edited by rider; 11-23-2009, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

tabis are quite addictive. I just got those and I still want a grey and a black pair. I'm also considering buying traditional japanese tabis that I could use as sneakers, because I have zero 100% comfortable shoes and I hate sneakers with a passion

Comment

• coccodrillo
                    • Nov 2009

Galia - how are you finding the comfort level of your gorgeous tabis?

Comment

• galia
                      • Jun 2009

incredibly good. the heel is a bit higher than I would have liked ideally, but it's very thick and stable. Plus the separate toe allows for better balance and makes it completely natural to place your foot in a better way. also apparently it's good for circulation.

however, I won't lie, the wooden heel filled with nails is quite heavy, but I expect a regular version wouldn't have the same problem

I also find it quite hard to build an outfit around white shoes. they require a completely different sort of balance in the outfit, and I'm not sure I've mastered it yet...

Comment

• coccodrillo
                        • Nov 2009

I really love the way your tabi's look - the slightly darker toe and the decoration on the heel are beautiful. I tried on the ballerina in purple version last f/w and wish I had gotten them. . They seem a bit addictive.

Comment

• galia
                          • Jun 2009

they are !

Comment

• mesh
                            • Dec 2006

I went to the louboutin store (gasp!) today with my friend and his gf today. She purchased the spiked stiletto pump which I was quite fond of from the moment I saw them. The best pair of shoes I saw however were mid calf taupe suede boots with the perfect toe shape and folds all over sort of like the current season margiela boots. They were phenomenal and on sale, if I had a lady I would have bought them since they were on sale.

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

yum

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

nais!
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎