X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Apr 2008

Re: Take it or leave it

HOnestly, I could care less. I had a Sausage McMuffin the other day. It was terrible.
    Originally posted by merz
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="DHC"]

Pnod

Ok, so I've re-read the thread. I had inadvertently placed some of suck's words in your mouth as I was reading through the first time. For this and the accusation of being negative, I do apologize.

The reason for the self-serving statement was due to the see-saw nature of your anti-ban conviction. Its obviously a sentiment you feel strongly about (and we all should), but to immediately suspend it all together to say that Unknown should be banned. For what? Because his idiosyncrasies are not palatable. I know he's a bit unsavory and its all grown trite through painful repetition, but shouldn't he be the first to benefit from the ideals you embrace?

The bottom line is this. I love SZ. I love coming here and reading the posts and yours are among my favorites to read. I don't mean to offend anyone, least of all you. If all the recent banning is your main concern, please know that it is a concern that I share with you. I'm not denying change is necessary, but I just don't see what overhaul needs to take place. Pragmatically speaking...where to begin? Any ideas on the new approach? Because a shutdown followed by a comeback with a new visage falls exceedingly short of change for the better.

[/quote]

trust me, this is not going to happen.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AX-OV
        • Feb 2008

This is alot to catch up on!! WOW.. I love the hostility, not gonna lie.. But hey, Everyones here for enjoyment.. Fuck it!

Comment

• genzou2.0
          • Jul 2008

[quote user="DHC"]

Also, curious of everyone's need to apologize after making an SZ/SUFU comparison. Why is that?

[/quote]

I thinks its because most (?) new users come here after hanging out at sufu, so its easy to use sufu for comparison. But I get the vibe that older member on SZ think that SZ is better than sufu that they shouldn't even be put on the same balance.

Someone mentioned SZ being a clubhouse and I totally agree. You just gotta go with the older members in the beginning until you are comfortable enough to show your own flavour. Now I don't mean agreeing with everything the big members say/do/wear, cause thats just stupid, but its important to follow social rules, and try to avoid any conflict as a starting member. Its a sheeple thing to do but thats how communities function.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Jeez, I didn't realize I've built a fortress. I hope newcomers won't be so intimidated (SECRETSIDE seems to be doing fine, and even inaya, who got completely hosed, and not by me, came back).

The reason why I once said that I wished people wouldn't compare the two is because SZ had a different focus, that's all.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nycd
              • Oct 2006

now this thread is even making me hungry - báhn mi please

[quote user="Jon"][quote user="DHC"]

Also, curious of everyone's need to apologize after making an SZ/SUFU comparison. Why is that?
              [/quote]

Wouldn't you feel a little embarassed comparing McDonald's burgers to gourmet?

[/quote]

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

I wish Faust didn't have to get personally attacked for this thread to happen, but I think the discussion is good, and i'm glad to hear people speaking up.

I agree with nearly everything that Ppod said and he said it very well. I don't want to get more pms from valued members, explaining why they won't be posting anymore. [70]

This place, growing pains or not, needs a bit of change. Faust, for starters, what do you think of wire's suggestion about a group decision for any banning? It's not fair that all the pressure and responsibility should fall on you...you have enough responsibilities as it is.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                  • Jan 2008

I don't know the details of all of these situations but I have been a moderator of several forums. The best way to go about reprimanding problem individuals is by a cordial private message. I would send 2 warning messages and one final message (the ban).

As stated I don't know anything of these situations so I don't know how you delt with them up until recently.

Sidenote - hot today, I just had 2 Mango Spritzers. MMM.

Originally posted by ddohnggo
                  fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Schadenfreude
                    • Jan 2008

mmm as in tasty, not Margiela.
                    Originally posted by ddohnggo
                    fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

I wish Faust didn't have to get personally attacked for this thread to happen, but I think the discussion is good, and i'm glad to hear people speaking up.

I agree with nearly everything that Ppod said and he said it very well. I don't want to get more pms from valued members, explaining why they won't be posting anymore. [70]

This place, growing pains or not, needs a bit of change. Faust, for starters, what do you think of wire's suggestion about a group decision for any banning? It's not fair that all the pressure and responsibility should fall on you...you have enough responsibilities as it is.

[/quote]

who are those members?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

dhc,

my posts are not negative, they are constructive. i am providing constructive criticism of SZ. i am attempting to look at this situation from a different perspective. this perspective is the devil's advocate, although it is not pro faust. it is a reaction to the "heavy handedness" necessary to preserve integrity. bans are uncool especially if a member provides color and personality, no matter how extreme. christ, VADL is still posting...someone who repeatedly lowers the bar for months and makes little amounts of vomit exit my mouth into my morning coffee, is a different beast.

how is my logic self serving? what am i gaining from this? i'll give you ass backwards, buts its just the way i think. little gutter punks should be nurtured, as well as flaming hearts and ballers.

anyway, just my 2 cents. something does need to be done.

[/quote]

perfect.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

little gutter punks should be nurtured, as well as flaming hearts and ballers.

[/quote]

and pea pods. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

who are those members?

[/quote]

they were private messages for a reason....not everyone wants to go out with a bang. What do you think about all this?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

who are those members?

[/quote]

they were private messages for a reason....not everyone wants to go out with a bang. What do you think about all this?

[/quote]

I don't see why anything should change. I don't feel bad about banning any of them. You saw what happened in the good finds thread. I am not against bringing B.S. back though. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding, although it certainly did not look like it. I am not here to babysit people. As far as changing policies - I don't see why I should. Give me a good reason, and I'll think about it. This forum is about mutual respect, and I will not have people lashing out at anyone. I admit that I did that myself at the n00b who asked about our money, but he came across as confrontational in asking that question (and it was a stupid question anyway, why would you want to pry into where people get their money from?). I am not here to make money (the other day some kind soul started offering me tips on how to maximize profits out of SZ - I told him to go elswhere), so I don't care about driving traffic or anything like that. If I have 50 quality members here, so be it. Those who left, left - I am not going to cry over them. They had a choice.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deleuze
                                • Jul 2007

Seriously there are long-time members here continuously guilty of much more egregious transgressions against the community than a dude posting pics of Alaska.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎