X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Join Us for Some Cocktails

as bad as a lot of people are making SZ sound right now, i still read the boards on a daily basis and maybe i'm not paying attention to the right threads but I don't feel it's gotten as outwardly degenerate as say, Sufu. I think it's fine, just a few misunderstandings here and there...maybe the Alaska thread shouldn't have been deleted. No need to take everything (especially related to clothing) so seriously...but yeah, would not be good to see this place turn into some TFS/Hypebeast type forum where anyone speaking against a mod outwardly will get banned.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
      • Jan 2008

Re: Join Us for Some Cocktails

I hope Faust don't mind reposting his photo, but I think it very much

belong in this thread to ...

Goodnight and behave everyone! [<:o)]

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• dunaj
        • Feb 2007

Re: Join us for some cocktails

[quote user="merz"]

west coasters, let us organise and have a drink.

off topic, but some love is needed.

[/quote]

i'd like to organize some sort of west-coast meetup before i become an east-coaster in september. let's make it happen.

in terms of bannings, i agree with VADL. the only people who really need to be banned are spammers and people who are intentionally malicious or annoying.

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

Re: Join us for some cock a do dol do

to clarify my position on banning

people w personality --- (remember the breaks!) should not be banned ever.

people that have no personality and seek personality from the forum like a parasite, like the aptly named unknown, should be banned for sucking the energy out of this site. ever since he's been here SZ has gone down fast...he's like living adjustable spam.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]

people that have no personality and seek personality from the forum like a parasite, like the aptly named unknown, should be banned for sucking the energy out of this site. ever since he's been here SZ has gone down fast...he's like living adjustable spam.

[/quote]

word the fuck up philip, you never fail to speak the truth.

and it looks like he has JUST struck again in WAYWT....jeeeeesus i tried to help the guy, but he is NOT. GETTING. IT.

Comment

• matthewhk
              • Jan 2007

the recipe for the best online forum ever...a forum where every member is someone with their own personality, no followers, no sheep, nothing. Taking inspiration from others, sharing ideas, free exchange and communication is all good, but at least have everyone be able to maintain some semblance of self identity without succumbing to group think, someone who recognizes that there's value in everything else but maintains a certain integrity...as for someone who is looking to shape themselves via this sort of medium? Fuck that. It's impossible, as that kind of forum would be some kind of vacuum...but i like to think that is what SZ once was, and what it is slowly not becoming any more.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

i sent him a message. maybe he'll get it.
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Purity
                  • Apr 2007

DIbs on the ballsack bag!

Comment

• unknown
                    • Jun 2008

its just ridiculous.. are you so narrow-minded that you think i myself define me about fashion? this is just not true, its stupid. why should i? fashion is like art for me.. i love it, i paint.. but iam not perfect, so i seek for new inspirations. and only because i want feedback to get better i dont "define my personality" about you.. this is also a bit.. ehm, strange.. do you think you are that important that someone defines his personality about your thoughts? sorry, i dont. i just want to talk about fashion but right now, this 2 llas month, i didnt have the time to post so much since iam writing for a local newspaper and i got really much to do the last time.. so iam sorry, but if you really think that you are so important that i (21 years) define my personality through your thoughts.. sorry.

perhaps we had not the best start - i know. but it will get better, since you dont ban me, which would be very, mh, disgusting and unnecessary.. i WILL in fact contribute to other discussions and not only to the waywt, but not TODAY.

and perhaps i would more like to talk to you if you werent that offensive to me.. do you want to talk to people which shout to you and call you names? no. so why should i want to discuss so much if some of you are that impolite to me??

tom

Comment

• unknown
                      • Jun 2008

i hafve no "need" to do so. its just.. a custom for me to take 1 picture every day.. and then i upload it.. its just.. for no reason. i just do it because in german fashion boards its not that wrong to do so.

Comment

• generic_guy
                        • Mar 2007

FFS I really can't understand why unknown isn't banned.

Not everyone is going to like everyone's style in WAYWT, but for normal posters if people don't like it they can ignore it and the poster (if they are of normal intelligence) will realise people weren't all that keen, or if they think it's good but not quite right they can post advice.

Unfortunately with unknown you just can't do that, because the frequency of shitty posts is too high, and every outfit ends up with a load of posts where people try to politely explain why it looks bad and unknown just shouting over them that he thinks it looks great.

This forum doesn't need huge amounts of diversity, people are already accepting if things are posted in a decent way, if people post something different but are capable of saying something more interesting about it than " I like this because it is baggy" then people will listen. This is not meant to be a democracy it's meant to be a forum! If people have a genuine interest in looking at pictures of badly dressed Germans I'm sure there are a thousand other fora they could try.

It is only fora like this one that even think about this, the typical goth-ninja in high-end outfits would get laughed at if he posted on some typical college WAYWT, but you wouldn't get people there fretting that they were being too exclusive by concentrating on J Crew and A&F and never posting about Rick Owens.

This site is never going to have millions of members, it deals with things that are minority interests (ie most people are that interested in fashion), and not everyone who is interested posts on the internet regulalry or even speaks English. What this forum does have is interesting people who can explain thier interest in fashion and improve people's knowledge, I would rather read a slow forum with 100 people like that than one with 10,000 people like that troll unknown.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

the breaks is coming back in a couple of weeks. people with shitty personality will get banned. B.S. has no personality, at least he did not display any. If you think he has personality by posting outfits and looking all vulnerable and aloof, I advise you to move to Williamsburg.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• justine
                              • Jan 2007

[quote user="Faust"]people with shitty personality will get banned. B.S. has no personality, at least he did not display any. If you think he has personality by posting outfits and looking all vulnerable and aloof, I advise you to move to Williamsburg.[/quote]I think it's good to have a check on banning, with a second 'moderator'. It seems a lot of people think the banning of BS or Chris wasn't exactly necessary, I know I don't for example.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

so..... I came here for the cock, but left blueballed.

What a misleading title :(

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎