X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Re: FOOD!

So, we did a lot of meals, and we ate at some of Tokyo's top (outside of the crazy 300-1000/head places) sushi places. Kyubey, which is incredibly famous was nice, but Sushi Dai, which makes you wait outside in Tsukiji for like an hour had way better fish, and was something like $30/head. They had the best piece of sushi I've tasted, which I naturally forgot to grab a picture of. It was baby snapper. Place is about as far from the rest of these as possible. You sit at one long bar with a ton of other people, and it's way loud. Food shows up in front of you on the counter, no plates or anything. But, damn, so good. Looking at the pictures though, it's generic looking sushi, will spare you the pics.</p>
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

[quote user="kira"]

Be afraid of Ryokan dinners, they just feed you and feed you and feed you.
      </p>

apparently so.[87] can you walk afterwards? i love looking at all of the different ceramic ware- know i should be looking at the food but always look at the plates first. comes out of 12yrs of working with clay.
      </p>

[/quote]</p>

We could walk, it wasn't so ridiculous. . . . err, it was, but we could walk. My brother says it was far and away the lightest Ryokan dinner he's seen. I don't understand how people manage the larger dinners at all.</p>

The Ryokan schedule might be part of it. Breakfast at 7:00 AM, take a morning excursion, come back, take a bath, take a nap, take a walk, take a bath, dinner around 6:00 PM, take a bath, go to sleep.
      </p>
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="theetruscan"][quote user="kira"]

Be afraid of Ryokan dinners, they just feed you and feed you and feed you.
        </p>

apparently so.[87] can you walk afterwards? i love looking at all of the different ceramic ware- know i should be looking at the food but always look at the plates first. comes out of 12yrs of working with clay.
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

We could walk, it wasn't so ridiculous. . . . err, it was, but we could walk. My brother says it was far and away the lightest Ryokan dinner he's seen. I don't understand how people manage the larger dinners at all.</p>

The Ryokan schedule might be part of it. Breakfast at 7:00 AM, take a morning excursion, come back, take a bath, take a nap, take a walk, take a bath, dinner around 6:00 PM, take a bath, go to sleep.
        </p>

[/quote]</p>

exactly what i am needing right now. wow.</p>
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

just went to ino and had a nice pork panini sandwich with very spicy mustard. it was delicious.</p>

tomorrow is jean georges for lunch. </p>
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

just went to ino and had a nice pork panini sandwich with very spicy mustard. it was delicious.</p>

[/quote]</p>

i should not be reading here while i am fasting or maybe that's why i am, to hear about it so i am not tempted. sounds wonderful.</p>

Comment

• Trendy Andy
              • Jun 2007

Re: FOOD! YUM!

Here is my informerical therapy for all you late owls:</p>

You want to know what my secret in dieting is? I usually come to this thread late at night starring at these pictures being posted. Helping myself to some "see-food" [86] because the only way I get myself into these Julius and Attachment pieces is by not intaking any foods late at night. [70] So go grab yourself some See-Food and start salivating.
              </p>

Talk about food for thought..... better yet, picture food for thought. [:'(]
              </p>

</p>

</p>

[quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

i should not be reading here while i am fasting or maybe that's why i am, to hear about it so i am not tempted. sounds wonderful.</p>[/quote]

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="Trendy Andy"]

Here is my informerical therapy for all you late owls:</p>

You want to know what my secret in dieting is? I usually come to this thread late at night starring at these pictures being posted. Helping myself to some "see-food" [86] because the only way I get myself into these Julius and Attachment pieces is by not intaking any foods late at night. [70] So go grab yourself some See-Food and start salivating.
                </p>

Talk about food for thought..... better yet, picture food for thought. [:'(]
                </p>

</p>

</p>

[quote user="kira"][quote user="ddohnggo"]</p>

[/quote]</p>

i should not be reading here while i am fasting or maybe that's why i am, to hear about it so i am not tempted. sounds wonderful.</p>

[/quote][/quote]</p>

I think you misunderstand. i am not fasting for weight loss. Every once in a while I feel like I need a recharge in my system. Since I have not been sleeping, or sleeping well when I do, I thought it was a good time to do it again. If you eat healthy for your body and exercise you should be able to wear anything that you would like.[75]
                </p>

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                  • Jun 2007

When I quoted your comment, I wasn't directly talking about you. I was just trying to show that I am jumping in on the conversation you and Joey were having. All those yummy pictures theetruscan were posting was mouth watering to my eyes. [75] I usually can't sleep because either I have lots of things on my mind on the following day, or I'm jolted from staying out late from all the dancing at the clubs or from drinking too much tea late at night.

[quote user="kira"]</p>

I think you misunderstand. i am not fasting for weight loss. Every once in a while I feel like I need a recharge in my system. Since I have not been sleeping, or sleeping well when I do, I thought it was a good time to do it again. If you eat healthy for your body and exercise you should be able to wear anything that you would like.[75]
                  </p>[/quote]

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

[quote user="Trendy Andy"]When I quoted your comment, I wasn't directly talking about you. I was just trying to show that I am jumping in on the conversation you and Joey were having. All those yummy pictures theetruscan were posting was mouth watering to my eyes. [75] I usually can't sleep because either I have lots of things on my mind on the following day, or I'm jolted from staying out late from all the dancing at the clubs or from drinking too much tea late at night.

[quote user="kira"]

</p>

[/quote][/quote]</p>

sorry to derail- but need to go do this badly...</p>

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

Really? Wow, I'm truly surprised to hear that, especially from a New Yorker. Were you able to hit up any night clubs, martini lounges, or restaurant bars while you were here visiting Los Angeles? Sounds like you didn't exactly receive the full treatment of what Los Angeles really has to offer. While most people prefer to binge drink when they first arrive inside the clubs at our reserve tables, I on the other hand make sure I get myself on the floor before it gets mad crowded. I can always drink later when it gets packed or when the music begins to suck ass and the energy around me begins to die down. [75]

Comment

• kira
                        • Mar 2008

So as not to derail any further, I have moved the conversation here.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

Beginning of Cherry Season

went to the market and bought cherries today...so yummy after a fast. (everything tastes better after a fast)

Comment

• curiouscharles
                            • Jan 2008

Re: Beginning of Cherry Season

i can't believe i haven't read this thread until now (being a cook et al.)</p>

i'm fresh out of university (for acting, not cooking), and thus have plenty of free time to hone my culinary creativity once again, here's an appertif menu i'm going to try out on some friends this weekend:</p>

- slow-cooked lamb curry, puff-pastry tarts, served with cucumber-mint raita</p>

- pine nut breaded fried tomatillo sandwhiches, with fried/breaded tomatillos, fresh basil, buffalo mozzarella, and a strawberry balsamic reduction</p>

- cashew crusted crab cakes with a sweet green curry sauce</p>

- ________________________ (insert brilliant dessert here)</p>

</p>

still trying to think of one more item, probably going to go with something lemony, might make a lemon custard dessert item, or make a stuffed homemade pasta of sorts, any suggestions? </p>

-

Comment

• Re: Beginning of Cherry Season

[quote user="curiouscharles"]

i can't believe i haven't read this thread until now (being a cook et al.)</p>

i'm fresh out of university (for acting, not cooking), and thus have plenty of free time to hone my culinary creativity once again, here's an appertif menu i'm going to try out on some friends this weekend:</p>

- slow-cooked lamb curry, puff-pastry tarts, served with cucumber-mint raita</p>

- pine nut breaded fried tomatillo sandwhiches, with fried/breaded tomatillos, fresh basil, buffalo mozzarella, and a strawberry balsamic reduction</p>

- cashew crusted crab cakes with a sweet green curry sauce</p>

- ________________________ (insert brilliant dessert here)</p>

</p>

still trying to think of one more item, probably going to go with something lemony, might make a lemon custard dessert item, or make a stuffed homemade pasta of sorts, any suggestions? </p>

[/quote]</p>

i suggest you invite me over for dinner.</p>

also, consider replacing the tomatillo sandwiches with pork, adding a foie course, and losing the strawberry. if you have dim lighting, two bruni stars, guaranteed. </p>

Comment

• curiouscharles
                                • Jan 2008

Re: Beginning of Cherry Season

hrmm, you've got me thinking... the sweet tomatillos with the (slight) sweetness the strawberry juice will add to the balsamic reduction might be too much (although you NEED to sweeten a balsamic reduction, usually just with sugar)</p>

but now i'm thinking i might do something simply with roasted beets, chevre, and some sort of rosemary/thyme jus (obviously derived from the cooked lamb) </p>

-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎