X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Re: MUTHERFUKIN KOOOOOOOOOO

A friend of mine who tends to feel the way I do about meals has never said anything positive about Daniel. I love the burger at DB bistro, but her review of Daniel itself has been so negative that I won't even bother. This is a woman who is normally indifferent to price (at any level), and she was offended by what they charged as well as underwhelmed by what she ate.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Pinoy
      • Dec 2006

ddohnggo? you might wanna try out Blue Hill restaurant on Washington place. It's been awhile since I've been to NYC, but that place makes an incredible orange duck. Also had a great experience at The Modern.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I gotta check out Blue Hill. Everyone keeps raving about it.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Re: MUTHERFUKIN KOOOOOOOOOO

go to the one in tarrytown -- you can pet your food in the barn before you eat it.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

[quote user="xadam"]go to the one in tarrytown -- you can pet your food in the barn before you eat it.
            [/quote]</p>

[Y] went to a tasting at the one on washington last year. was really fabulous and have only heard amazing things about the one upstate.
            </p>
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• curiouscharles
              • Jan 2008

I've been cooking a lot since graduation, and decided to start sharing what I've been working on in my [gasp!] blog; http://buildingatimecapsule.blogspot.com</p>

I'm going to start taking pics of the food as well, good practice for menu making.
              </p>

-

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

[quote user="curiouscharles"]

I've been cooking a lot since graduation, and decided to start sharing what I've been working on in my [gasp!] blog; http://buildingatimecapsule.blogspot.com</p>

I'm going to start taking pics of the food as well, good practice for menu making.
                </p>

[/quote]</p>

are you going to school to become a chef?</p>
                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

without the wine, it's ko without the o.</p>

pork and oysters is strange indeed. maybe the heat wave threw them off. bummer that you didn't enjoy it more.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Too bad you didn't enjoy Ko as much as you would have hoped Joey :(</p>

I read up more about it and it seems like an asia-fied version of Chef Dufresne's style mixed in with some Chef Cantu.</p>

I find it funny that people are buzzing about the shaved foie gras when it's already been done by Cantu and by Adria (naturally hahaha). </p>

Nothing wrong with it at all of course (Ko and the cuisine), but such ridiculous hype must leave many gastronomes scratching their heads if they've eaten at WD-50 and Moto.</p>

Certainly looks like a delicious place though. My brother is working on reservations :)</p>
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• curiouscharles
                    • Jan 2008

no, i just graduated acting school, cooking is just something i've done as a job all through university

-

Comment

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I read up more about it and it seems like an asia-fied version of Chef Dufresne's style mixed in with some Chef Cantu.</p>

I find it funny that people are buzzing about the shaved foie gras when it's already been done by Cantu and by Adria (naturally hahaha). </p>

Nothing wrong with it at all of course (Ko and the cuisine), but such ridiculous hype must leave many gastronomes scratching their heads if they've eaten at WD-50 and Moto.</p>

Certainly looks like a delicious place though. My brother is working on reservations :)</p>

[/quote]</p>

ko : wd50|moto :: chemists : alchemists</p>

chang is absolutely not trying to be a molgastronomist. in fact, the dining experiences at ko and wd50/moto are so different as to be nearly incomparable.
                      </p>

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="xadam"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]</p>

ko : wd50|moto :: chemists : alchemists</p>

chang is absolutely not trying to be a molgastronomist. in fact, the dining experiences at ko and wd50/moto are so different as to be nearly incomparable.
                        </p>

[/quote]</p>

I wish Chang posted the weekly Ko menu, but of course I understand why it isn't. I am left only to go by written reviews and the few photos floating around online. What makes Ko so distinctly Ko?
                        </p>
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Diego
                          • Aug 2007

The list of places I'll be going to in NYC:</p>

blue hill</p>

per se</p>

le bernardin</p>

gramercy tavern</p>

masa</p>

fuck momofuku ko, and ssam bar?, the only way to get a reservation is to order a whole pork for 8-10 people. </p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

you don't necessarily need a reservation for ssam bar. the time i went there with 5 people, we were seated immediately and ate some great food. i had a marinated pork ssam wrap that was delicious. </p>

ko, on the otherhand, is whole other beast.
                            </p>
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

the thing is I HATE waiting and for such a short trip it would be better to get my tables very fast. My schedule is very tight but I do have an open space to go check ssam bar, if it's too crowded I have a second option ready.

Comment

[quote user="Diego"]

The list of places I'll be going to in NYC:</p>

blue hill</p>

per se</p>

le bernardin</p>

gramercy tavern</p>

masa</p>

fuck momofuku ko, and ssam bar?, the only way to get a reservation is to order a whole pork for 8-10 people. </p>

[/quote]</p>

so where does a baller with your status stay when you're in new york? suite at 60 thompson?</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎