X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maldoror
    • Jun 2007

Re: FOOD!

[quote user="Diego"]Thanks Maldoror and Theetruscan, so I made some changes and I will be going to Robuchon's since it's open friday the 4th and changed gramercy tavern for 11 madison, I just hope I can get rid of this fucking flu before I get there, I can't taste anything right now.[/quote]</p>

[Y]Great to hear Diego, I hope you won't be disappointed. Please be sure to report back afterward.
    </p>

Cocktails are also a great idea! I'd love to join but I'm going to be in Maine.
    [:'(] That said, I highly recommend you check out PDT
    (Please Don't Tell) on 8th street. Best to go on Mondays when Don and
    John are working, but should be a great cocktail any night of the week. IMHO the Benton's Old Fashioned may be the best drink in the city!
    </p>

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Diego"]

Grandma approves</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px;"></span>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px;">
      </span></p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

nice one [74]</p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

going to le bernardin tonight for the fiance's bday. i'm hungry thinking about it.
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]going to le bernardin tonight for the fiance's bday. i'm hungry thinking about it.
          [/quote]</p>

sounds wonderful. nice bday.</p>
          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

congrats to your fiance Joey.

Comment

• Diego
              • Aug 2007

Blue hill was great, the ravioli and the veal are very good. The service could be faster, I think they learned the lesson.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

le bernardin is slow. it took us 2 hrs to finish a 7 course meal. you should tell them to speed it up too.</p>

i liked going to ko and not getting the wine pairing and demolishing the meal in like an hour.
                </p>

Comment

• Real Real
                  • Feb 2007

2 hours for 7 courses is pretty fast, isn't it? Have you been to any of the three-stars in France?

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

[quote user="Real Real"]2 hours for 7 courses is pretty fast, isn't it? Have you been to any of the three-stars in France?[/quote]</p>

</p>

2 hours for 7 courses seems very fast.
                    </p>
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i eat really fast.

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

Per se is the slowest (couldn't make it to Death &amp; Co.) but no complaints, beautiful food and the service is amazing. Wine list is the best we'v seen in NY.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

per se is excellent. the service is fantastic and the food is amazing. when we were there we ate like a 12 course meal (i don't remember the exact #) in 2.5 hours. le bernardin was slow in comparison.

Comment

• Pinoy
                            • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]per se is excellent. the service is fantastic and the food is amazing. when we were there we ate like a 12 course meal (i don't remember the exact #) in 2.5 hours. le bernardin was slow in comparison.
                            [/quote]</p>

what i love the most about Per Se is how it reminds me of a pilgrimage. experiencing one of Keller's 4 hour dinner marathons somehow magically bonds people all over the world. sharing different viewpoints on dishes and the experience as a whole has always been very fun for me. </p>

personally, i found per se's service to be the real star of the night. never before have i had such attentive, unobtrusive, and entertaining service. it was almost like watching a show-- only you're part of it. memorable dishes include oysters and pearls, coffee and doughnuts, the braised short ribs, and those salmon cones they serve as an amuse bouche. interestingly, i thought the famous butter poached lobster was pretty mediocre.</p>

one more thing, ddohnggo? how in the world did u finish the tasting menu in 2.5 hours?! when i was at per se (took the chef's tasting menu and added all the supplements) took around 4 hours. i hope to hit up the french laundry sometime this fall and will opt for the vegetable tasting menu this time around. i hear it's wildly creative and makes you think of vegetables in a different light. (BTW, has anyone tried the restaurant Ubuntu in Napa Valley?) Best vegetarian restaurant ever.</p>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i might be smoking crack. i FEEL as though that it was 2.5 hours. we didn't have wine, which makes up the whole time difference

Comment

• Diego
                                • Aug 2007

For us it was 3.5 hours (had wine), I agree about the wonderful service. The stars of the night for us were the quail and the lamb, the desserts? not that good imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎