• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

Re: MUTHERFUKIN KOOOOOOOOOO

^ L-shaped loft suite at mercer</p>

</p>

edit- Joey, you sold me those paninis at cafe ino, I will go the 4th of July for lunch.</p>

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="Diego"]the thing is I HATE waiting and for such a short trip it would be better to get my tables very fast. My schedule is very tight but I do have an open space to go check ssam bar, if it's too crowded I have a second option ready.[/quote]</p>

</p>

when are you coming in?</p>
      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Diego
        • Aug 2007

the 4th of July in the morning

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

I lack baller status and envy your restaurant list. From my experience, you'd be better served by Craft than Gramercy Tavern.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Good to know you'v been to gramercy tavern and don't like it.

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

Re: FOOD!

i went to craft and didn't think much of it. i had a pork dish (i just noticed a trend here) and it was just so-so. </p>

i hear that craft bar is delicious though.
              </p>
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

Just checked the webpage for craftbar and it looks good.

Comment

• maldoror
                  • Jun 2007

[quote user="Diego"]

The list of places I'll be going to in NYC:</p>

blue hill</p>

per se</p>

le bernardin</p>

gramercy tavern</p>

masa</p>

fuck momofuku ko, and ssam bar?, the only way to get a reservation is to order a whole pork for 8-10 people.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Great list, but maybe consider swapping gramercy tavern for 11 madison park. This is definitely the Danny Meyer restaurant to try, and, especially if you go for the gourmande menu, I don't think you can do much better on a pure food basis in the city, Per Se included. Also, consider visiting the other Atelier (Robuchon's). The menu is a good deal different than what's being served at either restaurant in Paris (haven't been to Las Vegas, so can't comment there), and, to my tastes, probably the best meal you can get in NYC. The cuisine in more in line with a kaiseki tradition than haute french cuisine. Which reminds me: Soto. Go there. Even if you don't get a whole meal you owe it to yourself to try at least one of Chef Soto's uni preparations.
                  </p>

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

<div><br class="webkit-block-placeholder"></div><div> Thanks for the info. Ok so you guys think I should pass on gramercy tavern, I do have Robuchon's at four seasons as a second option just in case I can't get into ssam bar. Maybe L'atelier instead of gramercy.</div><div> </div><div> Just checked 11 madison park's website, looks great!, I guess I still have some work to do with that list.</div>

Comment

• theetruscan
                      • Jan 2008

[quote user="Diego"]Just checked the webpage for craftbar and it looks good.[/quote]</p>

</p>

Shit, I forgot about this thread. If it isn't too late, DO NOT GO TO CRAFTBAR. It was one of my favorites in the city for a few years, but it has fallen off, as the price has risen, the quality has plummeted. Craft is still amazing (or was a year ago), Craftbar has recently been responsible for two of the worst meals I've ever had.</p>

I liked Gramercy Tavern, I thought Craft was better.</p>

Sorry for the tardy response.
                      </p>
                      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

Thanks Maldoror and Theetruscan, so I made some changes and I will be going to Robuchon's since it's open friday the 4th and changed gramercy tavern for 11 madison, I just hope I can get rid of this fucking flu before I get there, I can't taste anything right now.

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="Diego"]Thanks Maldoror and Theetruscan, so I made some changes and I will be going to Robuchon's since it's open friday the 4th and changed gramercy tavern for 11 madison, I just hope I can get rid of this fucking flu before I get there, I can't taste anything right now.[/quote]</p>

[70] sorry about the flu- that really sucks... how long are you in town for? i know a great place to get cocktails if people want to meet up- well a couple of great places- have a couple friends that work in bars - tasty and inexpensive [74]
                          </p>

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

Until tuesday. Drinks sound great! if I can't get rid of it maybe some cocktails will make me forget it.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

[quote user="Diego"]Until tuesday. Drinks sound great! if I can't get rid of it maybe some cocktails will make me forget it.[/quote]</p>

hot toddy for sure will do the trick - trust my tons of years bartending for that one [79]
                              </p>

Comment

• Diego
                                • Aug 2007

Grandma approves</p><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px; "></span>

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 11px; white-space: pre-wrap; -webkit-border-horizontal-spacing: 2px; -webkit-border-vertical-spacing: 2px;">
                                </span></p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎