X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bubu
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    thanks interest1, this is one of my favorites out of the photos i've taken as well

lowrey - 3rd shot - that's the one. one of the best photos i've ever seen on hong kong. heh that photo has special meaning to me as well, since my ol lady used to work at a gallery in the building those 3 stairs are leading up to...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• interest1
      • Nov 2008

Bu– Are you kidding me? I look at that and suddenly I'm on the set of some sci-fi destroyer flick.

EDIT: You are kidding me. LOL.
      Last edited by interest1; 02-22-2010, 03:19 AM. Reason: Always wanted to be an editor.
      sain't

Comment

• tomatous
        Banned
        • Jan 2009

^You've never seen blade runner? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJrOVLEUBgw
        Last edited by tomatous; 02-21-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

lol interest1 your initial response had me double-thinking 'wait is this sarcasm or textual misreading...' somehow it seemed very deadpan.

ledger those are iconic, definitely some real world cloud city steez
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• interest1
            • Nov 2008

^^ LOL not only did I see it 20+ years ago, I also saw the director's cut at the Zeigfeld theatre when it was re-released a couple years ago.

You'd think it woulda clicked. But then, I can't even remember what I watched yesterday, so...

You see T, memory is the first thing to go after 30.

Fade– Always keep 'em guessing.. ;)
            sain't

Comment

• tomatous
              Banned
              • Jan 2009

Well I hope after 30, you still remember that flying cars don't really exist.. or was it a case of "I FIND PILLS. I ATE DEM"

;)

Comment

• interest1
                • Nov 2008

LOLing. The 'pills' post was suggesting our little gamer was the one eating them–tho the sentiment works equally well in reverse:
                the pride that went into listing every single video game one owns for members of a fashion forum was enough to make me reach for the medicine cabinet

sain't

Comment

• Bubu
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                  LOLing. The 'pills' post was suggesting our little gamer was the one eating them–tho the sentiment works equally well in reverse:
                  the pride that went into listing every single video game one owns for members of a fashion forum was enough to make me reach for the medicine cabinet

i'm just happy to join in as a combo breaker, seeing how the discussion there is going.
                  Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

• SuperTurboTaco
                    • Oct 2009

The last two pages of this thread have been amazing.
                    mortalveneer As already mentioned, the agave is a beautiful shot!

Lowery I`m floored by your photos, beyond words. The person carrying the bags, against the HUGE buildings, breath taking photo. All three of them made me think of Blade Runner as well!

And every other photo, GREAT!
                    interest1-Dig the cemetery shot, one of my favorite places to take photos

OH, and ledger your shots FUCKIN kick ass as well!!!

Comment

• interest1
                      • Nov 2008

2 up ^

C-C-C-Clever thinkin, Bu.

FYI, no need to quote someone if you're posting directly after them. It's presumed that's who you are replying to. Just wastes page space...
                      sain't

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Glad you liked it. Here, I made you a half dozen more LOL..

The first one's the original.

Nothing beats a drive through the cemetery. Unless of course it's a stroll.

As far as great cemeteries go, the ones around New Orleans are great for shooting.

Pere-Lachaise Cemetery in Paris is impossibly beautiful. The most venerable of them all. If one can use the word 'lavish" to describe the experience, I'd say they were dead-on. Pun intended.

They actually have maps that tell you where all the famous dead are buried: Proust, Chopin, Modigliani, Edith Piaf, Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde...too many to name.
                        Oscar Wilde's tomb is as large as his personality was. Apparently, someone stole the penis off of the statue decades ago. When I was standing at his grave, it still hadn't been returned to its rightful owner. I'm sure whoever souvenired it now has a really great paperweight.

I don't have any digital photos to upload here since all my pics are on film, so I pulled these from the web. These 2 are not my photos. \/

This is how I remember it:

Before

In the 10 years since I was there, a tradition of lipsticked kisses from fans has graffitied poor Oscar. Though I'm certain he'd love that.

After

sain't

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

interest1 i like the way you hold that cigarillo...it's a very French posture.

more hong kong randomness....pardon the clutter i was in an especially trigger-happy mode with the camera today for some reason

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

Merci beaucoup, monsieur Black.

I call it my "Croatian girl in a Japanese car in an American cemetery holding a British cigarette in a very French way" picture.

Of course if you changed around the countries, it'd make for some amusing mental imagery.

BTW, 4th photo down: at first glance I thought that car was dragging a body behind it haha. "Killer" shot!

sain't

Comment

• mortalveneer
                              • Jan 2008

The last few pages have been phenomenal...make me feel like I'm all sorts of slacking on posts here...more people deserve accolades than my work time allows me to give...

Originally posted by interest1 View Post
                              I call it my "Croatian girl in a Japanese car in an American cemetery holding a British cigarette in a very French way" picture.

Thought it was a Djarum Black for a second...what I began smoking at age 13...now I roll with the unfiltered originals when I can source them...love the cemetery shots btw...

A few from yesterday:

The public nature of this made it strangely poignant for me:

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• endersgame
                                • Aug 2009

ftb, that porcelaine figurine reminds me of my adolescent childhood when my mother was at her height of turning the house into a faux-rococo wonderland covered in vinyl.

some trigonometry..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎