Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregor
    • Oct 2014

anyone else get on the battlefront beta?

Comment

• Resonkuken
      • Oct 2012

I played it. First I was like "WOAH", then I was unimpressed, but on the last day I went back to play a solo mission where you have to defeat 6 waves of enemies, with a couple AT-STs attacking you and had a blast. I´m a bit torn, I already have Rise of the Tomb Raider preordered and about to pre order Fallout 4. I also wanna get AC Syndicate because I always have a great time in AC games. And I still haven´t finished MGS V or the witcher 3, though I´m very close in both. So I´m not sure about Battlefront. I´d definately get it if it had a SP campaign.

Comment

• NOHSAD
        • Nov 2014

I don't know how many SZ members play MMORPGs, however I got into the 2nd CBT of Tree of Savior English Version (thanks to a friend giving me a spare key ). Hopefully the game being a "spiritual" successor to Ragnarok Online will hold true.
        "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• amulet
          • Apr 2015

I'v been obsessed with Bloodborne for a while now!
          I'm a big fan of the 'souls' series, but BB is definitely in a league of it's own.

The combat and exploration is so addictive; and I love how atmospheric & mysterious the game feels - I'v spent hours wandering through the game trying to discover the lore.

Super hyped for the DLC coming later this month.

Comment

• thinbuddha
            • Jul 2011

what's the diff between star citizen and elite:dangerous? i'm trying to pick one over the other and thinking of picking up a rift for it.

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

Well the biggest differences is that you can play Elite Dangerous right now and it's rather decent. While Star Citizen is started to smell vaporware at this point with no end goal in sight.

Elite dangerous is pretty much space trucker sims with pew pew pew. Nothing wrong with that ofcause. Just put on podcast or your favorite tunes and start playing and it is weirdly relaxing.

You could check out reddit for more info on these games before you decided.

Comment

• Macabre
                • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                Well the biggest differences is that you can play Elite Dangerous right now and it's rather decent. While Star Citizen is started to smell vaporware at this point with no end goal in sight.

Elite dangerous is pretty much space trucker sims with pew pew pew. Nothing wrong with that ofcause. Just put on podcast or your favorite tunes and start playing and it is weirdly relaxing.

You could check out reddit for more info on these games before you decided.
                I think the vapor-ware arguement is invalid monoral. Have you seen the progress they've been making towards alpha 2.0 and what the release of that involves?
                I'm keeping up quite keenly and I must say they've been making insane progress these past 3 weeks. 2.0 is going to be the birth of the "baby verse" and that'll be the time I'll actually start playing the game.

Originally posted by thinbuddha View Post
                what's the diff between star citizen and elite:dangerous? i'm trying to pick one over the other and thinking of picking up a rift for it.
                I'd say if you're dying for a space game worthy of your time, get elite:dangerous now, to keep you busy, and get Star Citizen at a later point in development, because you do run the risk of burning out on the game before it's even out.
                If you end up enjoying what SC is trying to achieve and want to support them I suggest getting the basic game-package with one of the starter ships.(either the "Aurora" or "Mustang" are good choices depending on what you want and will run you exactly 45 american pesos.

That'll get you full access to the same things all backers with a game-package have, which is full access to all content in the Persistent Universe, the story mode and being able to play what is made available throughout the game's entire development and after release of course. (obviously the story mode won't be available before release, they do however occasionally bring updates on progress that don't spoil anything story-wise)

Hit me up on PM if you're interested in knowing more about SC and I'll tell you all you need to know, there's quite a sizable amount to read if you don't know where to start, and getting into the project can be a little intimidating if you don't know where to start.

TLDR; Elite: Dangerous is a good game, get it now if you really want a good space-game like right now, and wait for Star Citizen to be further along in development and cop it later.
                My favorite project out of the two is SC
                Last edited by Macabre; 11-03-2015, 02:33 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the wording a bit.
                "The heart sings while the wallet weeps. I'd say that's a pretty fair trade." -interest1

Comment

• Monoral
                  • Mar 2014

^

Progress has been made on various modules of the game, absolutely!
                  However i am a bit concern about the game budget and at this point. Wasn't it too long ago there was a rumor about they're starting to run out of their money?

Now if they have various modules finished then it's a matter of stitching it together and make it compelling for us as a kickstarter roller to explore.

I have been donating to this game since the beginning. Even bought Constellation Aquila and can't wait to getting to play the game, recruit some some crew mate and start my own corporation.

For now im happy flying around my Viper in elite dangerous

Comment

• Shadowvault
                    • Oct 2014

Problem here guys.I'd love to play a game but really cant.I like the assassins creed stuff and bioshock but even if the game is awesome i cant sit on my computer and play.On the other hand i stand and stare canserstone on twitch like an idiot.WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

Comment

• Monoral
                      • Mar 2014

Stop checking out Twitch and play the damn game!

Also on the subject of space exploration games. You guys should try out FTL:Faster than light. It's emulate the feel of being a ship commander really well. Get a friend or your little brother to control the ship while you're yelling command a la captain Kirk.
                      Because here it's actually matter to divert power from trusters to shield or what ever systems required at the time.

However the game lives and dies by random numbers generator. So if you had a bad run and get far into the game, then to get blown to pieces because you didn't have enough resources to upgrade can get quiet annoying.

But don't let that scare you tho, like i said earlier it is very immersive especially if you get someone to control the ship for you.
                      Last edited by Monoral; 11-06-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

Where's my Fallout people at?

Comment

• _AR
                          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                          Where's my Fallout people at?
                          What's the deal with the disparity between the user and critic reviews?

As the sole survivor of Vault 111, you enter a world destroyed by nuclear war. Every second is a fight for survival, and every choice is yours. Only you can rebuild and determine the fate of the Wasteland. Welcome home.

Comment

• En.
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by _AR View Post
                            What's the deal with the disparity between the user and critic reviews?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4
                            It's the same issue some fans had with Skyrim vs Oblivion and Morrowind. FO4 is more streamlined compared to the third, which is true.

Comment

• Monoral
                              • Mar 2014

Meh, I don't trust critics reviews nor users. It's better to just play the game and form my own opinion of it rather than let others influence my own experience.

Comment

• ADreamofBlue
                                • Sep 2015

It is going to be torture to 1) avoid any spoilers about Fallout 4 and 2) having to wait until the semester ends in a little over a month. I can't get to it until then, or else I just fail my classes.
                                who slips in to my body and whispers to my ghost?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎