X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monoral
    • Mar 2014

^

Man for a while i too had lost interest for gaming. But since i decided to enter the academia I found myself with a lot of time on my hand. I had catch up and rediscovered my love for gaming. Not in the big budget so much but indies games. Not to say that there hasn't been any big budget game that pique my interest, I mean the Witcher 3 and respective expansions are in my opinion the best gaming has to offer. Both mechanically and narrative.

I must say tho that consoles are hardly worth it nowadays. I think you'll get more mileage out of building or buying a gaming PC. These days building a decent PC is rather cheap and you'll saves money on games as well with constant sales on STEAM not to mention modding. Which breaths new life into your old games.

Comment

• voltbird
      • Feb 2014

Funny, I actually own a gaming PC but find myself favoring the PS4, despite the expense and sometimes lackluster releases (COUGH NO MAN'S SKY COUGH). Most of the lifting this beast does is in Photoshop. It may be a novelty effect, though... I hadn't actually owned a console since the original Playstation and I feel like half the time my eyeballs are bulging out of my skull at HD graphics on a huge TV. Oh, my, how far we've come since the days of Crash Bandicoot and pointy Lara Croft!

I never would have been able to experience Until Dawn on a computer, which remains my favorite game I've played since I invested in my PS4. Saying a lot given how much of a wuss I am. I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into Bloodborne, but I muscled all the way through the jump scares for UD.

Comment

• Monoral
        • Mar 2014

Until dawn is great :) but to me it's one time experience. I cannot imagine myself playing that game again.
        I feel like you've experiences everything on the first go.

You can play pc games on a tv with controllers, in fact i do play most games that way.

Comment

• Resonkuken
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by voltbird View Post
          Funny, I actually own a gaming PC but find myself favoring the PS4, despite the expense and sometimes lackluster releases (COUGH NO MAN'S SKY COUGH). Most of the lifting this beast does is in Photoshop. It may be a novelty effect, though... I hadn't actually owned a console since the original Playstation and I feel like half the time my eyeballs are bulging out of my skull at HD graphics on a huge TV. Oh, my, how far we've come since the days of Crash Bandicoot and pointy Lara Croft!

I never would have been able to experience Until Dawn on a computer, which remains my favorite game I've played since I invested in my PS4. Saying a lot given how much of a wuss I am. I couldn't make it more than 20 minutes into Bloodborne, but I muscled all the way through the jump scares for UD.
          Bloodborne has been my favorite game this gen. It has such a wonderful and scary and creepy world. I´m never not tense when playing it but it´s one of the reasons I love it so much. And the combat is so satisfying that it makes it a pleasure to play. Also, Souls games are super rewarding. Taking down a boss after multple tries makes you feel soo good.

Comment

• Cantara
            • Mar 2015

Overwatch is where its at. Add me if you're on ps4. My tag is yohjiyamz

Comment

• Monoral
              • Mar 2014

I love Bloodborne too. Japanese interpretation of Lovecraft done right (other example are Junji Ito i guess. funny because Bloodborne is very Junji Ito-esque)

Have you play the Old Hunter expansion/DLC? so much fun but very difficult. Weapons and items from that are considered to be the best (Rakuyo is love)
              Last edited by Monoral; 10-29-2016, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Joey
                • Dec 2014

Is anyone waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 ?

Comment

• ann jp
                  • Oct 2016

I am waiting for this game too. I loved Red dead redemption and I cannot wait to play it. The trailer looks great. I am playing dark souls right now and wait for red dead and ride a horse again.

Comment

• Monoral
                    • Mar 2014

Red Dead is fine. Love the bittersweet ending.

Comment

• deadboy
                      • Jul 2013

Red Dead Redemption was the first game I played after taking a multi-year break from gaming, and was also my first PS3 game. I wasn't expecting much, story-wise, being that it was a Rockstar game. But the last 40 minutes or so completely blew me away. Very much looking forward to the sequel.

Comment

• Monoral
                        • Mar 2014

It's that time of year to play Silent Hill 2 again..

Comment

• jurassicsnark
                          • Sep 2015

My partner is also addicted to Bloodborne.

Anyone here playing Thumper? Rhythm violence game from one of the guys in Lightning Bolt. I really like it.

Comment

• nomemorial
                            • Jan 2013

Currently playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward. 999 was one of my favorite games of all time and now that I'm in the nitty gritty of this one, the praise it gets is absolutely worth it. Trying to beat it before the end of the month to make sure I've got plenty of free game time to devote to FFXV. I had my doubts, but after 10+ years it seems to be shaping up pretty well and I'm just excited to finally play it.

Comment

• Monoral
                              • Mar 2014

Thumper is fine plays better on VR.

On a side note. Will VR ever be worth it I wonder? these are privilege goggles after all.. too many expensive hoops to jump through.

You guys around here try VR?
                              Last edited by Monoral; 11-11-2016, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Resonkuken
                                • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Monoral View Post
                                I love Bloodborne too. Japanese interpretation of Lovecraft done right (other example are Junji Ito i guess. funny because Bloodborne is very Junji Ito-esque)

Have you play the Old Hunter expansion/DLC? so much fun but very difficult. Weapons and items from that are considered to be the best (Rakuyo is love)
                                I have a student who is obsessed with Lovecraft and she recently told me she started playing Bloodborne... couldn´t be more proud.

I played The Old hunters as soon as it came out. 100% it after getting the platinum in the main story. It´s one of the coolest DLCs I´ve played. A good addition of hard and awesome looking bosses and some really tough enemies. Those huge shark things in the shallow waters village are fucking annoying. Specially to get one sword where you have to basically fight 2 of them at a time. Most rage inducing encounter in the whole game.

I seriously wanna try (and buy) VR but it´s prohibitely expensive here. 1k for the standard version without the move controllers or the camera. Maybe half way through next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎