• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

The $ is just getting hammered.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• genevieveryoko
      • Sep 2009

why do superstars train?

edit: I mean wear trainers.
      http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

I just realised I have a fairly large cut on one of my fingers. I haven't been doing anything speacial and I am not drunk. I always feel weird when that happens. Usually I get mystery bruises, cuts are a new development

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

No longer a member of a political party.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            That's sweet :-) I guess it's easier to do for old ladies. Many a time I feel like complementing a woman, but I feel like she's automatically thinking that I am a creep that wants to rape her. It's a sad state of affairs.
            this happens to me all the time, I remember being in the subway once and saw a young lady struggling with three huge bags, I offered to help and she thought I was making a pass, worst part is its the kind of woman in which I would have no interest at all
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
              why do superstars train?

edit: I mean wear trainers.
              because if they didn't they would just be stars...............its the training that makes them super!

Comment

• dolochov
                • Aug 2009

Anja Gockel, German designer and former assistent of Vivienne Westwood on the reason why most models on international fashion shows are skinny:

The main reason is that many of the most important fashion designers are homosexual. A fashion designer, like every other human being, can only base his work on his own emotions and visions, and the ideal of a homosexual man is a puerile physique, whereas the ideal of a homosexual women is an androgynous physique. They project their vision onto their models and that is the reason why they have to be skinny.
                source

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                  • Sep 2009

funny, i always want to be a little bit fatter, i am too skinny - need bigger buttttttttttt
                  http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
                    funny, i always want to be a little bit fatter, i am too skinny - need bigger buttttttttttt
                    I wanted to say how I like the new photo and now would have added that I like skinny girls / women, but because of this:
                    Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    That's sweet :-) I guess it's easier to do for old ladies. Many a time I feel like complementing a woman, but I feel like she's automatically thinking that I am a creep that wants to rape her. It's a sad state of affairs.
                    I will remain silent.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dolochov View Post
                      Anja Gockel, German designer and former assistent of Vivienne Westwood on the reason why most models on international fashion shows are skinny:
                      source
                      This is the reasoning of a stupid man, Maybe those are HIS reasons and he is projecting his reasons into the intent of other designers..............

From a purely pragmatic standpoint, it is easier to fit skinny women into clothes and make it more presentable for selling, many of the fit problems that develop when sizing up during the grading processes don't have to be dealt with then and are left for later during the production phase.

Also some of the ideas in cutting/ styling etc are not flattering on fuller women, which would effectively limit what the designer is able to do creatively.
                      I am a straight man and a designer, and the reasons he gave a certainly not the ones I consider when casting models..............
                      Last edited by zamb; 11-08-2009, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                        There's an art to giving compliments in a non-threatening, nonchalant kind of way, and personally i quite enjoy it.
                        ex., on a crowded subway, the guy sitting next to me says, "excuse me, but you are absolutely ____."
                        I smile, nod, say thank you, and he offers me his bag of jujubes (eating candy is very non-threatening, somehow). I decline, he smiles, and gets off at the next stop. Fun for everyone and totally harmless.
                        Believe me, I think I have mastered that art, and it just doesn't work.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

i took a nap wearing a bunch of Ann stuff and i think it looks the better for it.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

awesome. excuse me, is that an ann demeulemeester jacket? it looks beautiful on you.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

maybe you need to stick to ahem, virtual compliments...
                              those seem to go well for you.
                              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• coup de grace
                                x
                                • Sep 2006

ann d insomnia cure capsule collection

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎