Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

Condolences to Stack & Faust, this is a rough year indeed. Grandpa went to cancer as well about 2 or so months ago, apparently when they found out he had it (1st hospitalization) it had already spread everywhere and they said brace yourself for any time, we basically had 16 days between the morning he went to hospital and then to heaven. Fortunately he passed with little pain and a full life behind him. Grandma got diagnosed herself about 2 months before this, went through a round of chemo and she's fine atm.

the latter half of 09 has seriously been a fucking blurry daze.

now i got a lingering flu, what i assume to be insomnia given that its now 1:33 AM and that Haagen Dazs belgian chocolate in the freezer better take a deep breath cause i'm bout to get in eah.
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Check out photo number 3.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        this should be in the WTF thread................
        actually we should have a double WTF or a WTF to the second power thread where this it at the very beginning!

I am almost certain they didnt licence their name to this though.............or at least after how Gianni died, i'll tell myself that......
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Stack
          • Jan 2008

BAWLAH

Fade, thanks homie, I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but it's good that your Grandma's doing well.

fucka Haagen Dazs though, what you need is 6 or so Heinekens in you, you'll wake up fresh as hell. trust me, it's always worked over here.

not random, probably well deserved, but 3 weeks in to my new apartment and already 3 noise complaints from neighbours on either side and above. do people not like the Wu anymore?
          once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

I hate buildings with poor insulation, I will never move into one that I don't somehow test first. in my previous apartment, there was a family with 5 year old twins living on the other side of a paper thin wall. parents argued every single night, kids screaming, running, banging walls...

our current place is a very nice building, 80 years old but completely renovated. no sound from neighbours. however, when the building was renovated, someone decided to (or had to) leave some ancient conduits inside a couple of the bearing walls, these have no use now but they let sound pass all the way from the street level space to our 4th floor bedroom. meaning that its like we'd have a shitty nightclub that plays techno until 4am right in our bedroom.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Stack
              • Jan 2008

to be fair Mike, this place is a new build and is very well insulated, but I have a tendency to leave all windows and my terrace door open at un-godly hours and blast Wu's catalogue like it's something everybody should here, which is why I said that it was "probably well deserved". we also have my girl's cat in here, which doesn't help matters. little bastard INSISTS on pawing my face at 4am, as if it's warning me of some paranormal activity.

i'll use the excuse of me being unaware of the noise problem (yes, after several complaints) and curb my speaker abuse from now on.
              once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                • Sep 2009

I'm very frustrated at the moment I do not have a wine opener
                http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

^Damn it, they didn't even mention the katana method.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

so I had an appointment with a sales rep. from RiRi USA today...................
                    My eternal stash has been running low and I decided to order some from the company directly.
                    their minimums for wholesale are very low....................
                    (30pcs per style/color/length)

however, their Zippers are NOT Cheap, I dont want to Use inferior Materials but I am beginning to reconsider my loyalty to them.................

Comment

• Servo2000
                      • Oct 2006

Honestly, I've got plenty of garments with YKK / Other zippers that seem just as nice as the Riri ones I have.
                      WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Seventh
                        • Dec 2006

Just discovered that Maryanne Amacher passed away last month.

"Electroacoustic composer of sound installations, best known for her incorporation of otoacoustic emissions -- sounds that seem to be emanating from inside one's own head."

Very sad. Saw her perform a few years ago, absolutely amazing. RIP.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by wire.artist
                          lowrey, what kind of conduits are they? if you can somehow re-fill them with water again (and keep it sealed) that would solve the problem. the instalation might have some entry points left...it's a tricky problem indeed.
                          they are some sort of funnels that have probably been used for either piping or ventilation back in the days. they're within bearing walls, so I doubt there is anything that could be done about them. I'd imagine the only way to block noise would be to insulate the walls in the ground floor space, but the space owner isn't exactly co-operative. the bar downstairs was recently closed, but there will be a new one opening so I'm not sure if the problem will persist but I don't have very high hopes...
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                            Honestly, I've got plenty of garments with YKK / Other zippers that seem just as nice as the Riri ones I have.
                            I wonder if YKK, being Japanese, are any cheaper. Zam, so did you figure out who makes the RY zippers that Rick uses and Ann and Margiela used to use?
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

I wonder if YKK, being Japanese, are any cheaper. Zam, so did you figure out who makes the RY zippers that Rick uses and Ann and Margiela used to use?
                              Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                              Faust, YKK are definately cheaper, and there are indeed some that look very good, they also have a wider assortment of Zippers, however RiRi is more "me" as they are a smaller more "artisanal" company.............
                              Also its not always noticeable but their Zippers (at least to me) give a more smoother and quieter pull in opening and closing.

Another problem with RiRi is that they need five weeks to deliver the goods to you and you have to pay your own shipping from europe........

I am looking into Lampo (http://www.lampozippers.it/) but i am not sure I like them as much.
                              I will be contacting YKK today though.

on a positive note, I finally found the ideal weight and weave canvas for the Canvas Version of the polis Bag, so now we can start the process of making that............

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

/\ I always presumed that ykk was an indian company

Just saw the FONZ walk past my work...henry winkler you legend!

merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎