X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laughed View Post
    Any runners in here? Trail runners, etc. ? Thinking of pulling the switch on some new shoes, inov8, la sportiva, hell, may even try some newton's.
    I don't run much. 12-15 miles a week. Mostly a cyclist. But New Balance has treated me very well for a while.

Next trip to Chicago, I'm checking out Somnio shoes. Sounds interesting, not sure I'm interested though.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• laughed
      • Jul 2009

I have a couple pairs of Asics. Right now I am running in Karhus and they are the best running shoes I have ever owned...been inspired by these crazy ultramarathon runners lately so lucking for a good shoe...and a new ankle.

Haven't heard of Somnio but that's a good thing! I used to work for a big sports company and it's nice to see the smaller ones (like Newton) trying to do a little something. (Funny how Nike first said we needed air in our shoes now they come out with the Free which is super flat) Time to do some Somnio research.
      Last edited by laughed; 01-28-2010, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

I'm going to check them out weekend after next. Will let you know.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

please post the conclusion of the running shoe search. i can tell you brooks which i've been using thoroughly SUCKS. i need something new desperately and have been reluctant to pull the trigger after a serious of utter running shoe fails.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mass
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Microsoft Word keeps telling me that there is no such word as "drapey" and that "cupro" does not exist...
            cupro doesn't have it's own wiki entry

Comment

• laughed
              • Jul 2009

I REALLY REALLY hope not one person in this forum has a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. I don't care how "natural" you want to run. I wouldn't be caught dead in those geeky things.

Comment

• ProfMonnitoff
                • Jan 2007

Raf Simons Asics are the only running shoes acceptable for the modern fashionisto. The neoprene shin guards can protect the ankles from wind and low temperatures, though I'd be careful in the rain as wetsuits aren't really made for keeping you dry. At night, they can be coupled with a blue neoprene bolero to be more visible to cars. Raf is truly a visionary who makes clothes for the contemporary suburban lifestyle.
                Originally posted by jogu
                i went out to take garbage out and froze my tits runnin down stairs , think im gonna chill at home tonite . hungry tho anyone have cool ideas on what to order for supper , not pizza tho sick of pizza

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
                  this is dangerous as i'm greek and italian i have the tendency when i do work out to pack muscle on, uh oh
                  CAZZO! that is one lethal med combination scott!
                  Just think we can enjoy easy muscle growth for now.
                  But as we look around the family we soon realise that in about 10 years
                  we will be proud owners of a well fed paunch!
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                    • Mar 2009

This pic had me in stitches. Love all the expressions.
                    merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

the way to live longer................Get fat while getting old
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• endersgame
                        • Aug 2009

heh..

Television chef Jamie Oliver was reduced to tears during his latest efforts to convert an Amercian community to healthy eating.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz0e1SdRFow

Comment

• ironman
                          • Apr 2008

lololol mistakening tomatoes for potatoes good stuff

Comment

• laughed
                            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            please post the conclusion of the running shoe search. i can tell you brooks which i've been using thoroughly SUCKS. i need something new desperately and have been reluctant to pull the trigger after a serious of utter running shoe fails.
                            i touched on it earlier in regards to sports apparel, but I am actually sort of fascinated with sports apparel and fashion right now. I mean, wearing your Brooks running shirt has never been considered in style - or a pair of gym shorts and running shoes...but I do want to be stylish yet at the same time want the best function. it's hard finding great stuff to wear at the gym that also performs well. I have been checking out tad gear stuff as far as clothing and got a backpack as well. i also like some of the La Sportiva stuff. I may even start a thread soon with some of my collection and reviews on sports apparel if others are interested. Because, it's funny, if you take the Raf Simons shoe for example, it screams Jeremy Scott or something like that. Almost like "HEY! I'm Raf Simons! This is a fashionable running shoe!" Instead of it being just a bad ass running shoe that is actually pretty fashionable. Anyway, I could go on and on, but i have had some injuries so it is important to find good running shoes while at the same time I wear Carpe Diem boots you know. How can I find a running shoe that gives me the satisfaction of wearing a Guidi boot with a pair of CCP jeans?

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

My newish bike ticked over about 8k miles today (according to my garmin forerunner anyway). To celebrate, one of my pedals fell apart mid-ride. Sigh. Nothing says fun like one-foot pedaling 10 miles home.

Comment

• thaiison
                                • Dec 2009

just found out that the books i need for the new course is gonna cost me approximately $300 compared to a maximum of $90 in those i've already passed. damn $300 is just a little less than my student grant each month...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎