X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theetruscan
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Eternal
    I agree. But the sms voting last year was stupid. I have a lot of friends I ride with and most of them ski, but I somehow don´t see the same style in skiing yet. It´s just too much of a mess with skis and poles. The 1620 was of course sick, but it did not wow me.
    I know very little about rails, and don't really get the excitement, but I understand that they're a major part of slopestyle. For me the fun is the stuff that you can reproduce out on the mountain. For the big air, the skiing just completely showed up the boarding to my eye. I mean, the perfect scoring board tricks were a pale shadow of the serious ski tricks. Fewer rotations, fewer flips, less varied grabs, just less there. Whether skiing or boarding looks more impressive to you probably depends on what you do. The boards tend to look a little dull to me, no crossing, no proper double grabs, etc. But, I'm a skier, I suspect that's part of it.

Of course, this is all so far out of my league that I don't know what to say. I've landed all of two backflips on skis (back when I weighed 100 pounds less and was a solid 20+ cm shorter no less) and a handful of 360s in my life.
    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

Oh, I know it's easier on skis than a snowboard. I may be a skier, but I've snowboarded enough to have gotten reasonably competent and familiar with it. I understand the difficulty of takeoff and landing without poles or 2 platforms. Skiing still looks more impressive to me because of how much more is done. I recognize it doesn't mean that what they're doing is harder, it's just that there's more going on, so it's more fun to watch.

I assume you mean aerials for the 1800 rotations? Aerials are pretty different than anything else. But it's the combination of rotations and flips that is so mind-blowing to me. Either way, kind of moot. They're both fun to watch, I think we just tend to prefer the one we understand.

OK, still watching, I can't get enthusiastic about snowmobiling, too noisy and disgusting. But, the snowcross adaptive final is just amazing.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Still watching the X-games. I really don't think that Zombieland commercial and the Aid to Haiti campaign spot should be run back to back.

EDIT: Excuse the phrasing.
        Last edited by theetruscan; 02-01-2010, 08:07 AM.

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Godangit! Why is Kanye West giving lessons on his blog as to who Rei Kawakubo is?! DANGIT!!!!! NOOO!!!!!!!

Comment

• DRRRK
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Still watching the X-games. I really don't think that Zombieland and Aid to Haiti commercials should be run back to back.
            To even call it a commercial would be wrong, to show it in a commercial context is disgusting.
            Last edited by DRRRK; 02-01-2010, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

you mean aid campaigns...?
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Yes, some aid campaigns should not be placed in a commercial context. Of course it is difficult to find the right place in a program from a moral point of view and there will always be something before or after the showing of clips of aid campaigns that leaves a bitter aftertaste, but what theetruscan describes is unfortunately fairly common and disrespectful.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

I was not being remotely insightful, or commenting on substantive issues. I was just noting that following a message about widespread death and destruction with an ad about killing zombies seemed ill-advised.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

And I agree. Advertising iPhone-Apps, McDonald's or luxury products is in no way better in this context, perhaps even more macabre.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                      Yes, some aid campaigns should not be placed in a commercial context. Of course it is difficult to find the right place in a program from a moral point of view and there will always be something before or after the showing of clips of aid campaigns that leaves a bitter aftertaste, but what theetruscan describes is unfortunately fairly common and disrespectful.
                      I can see your point and these sort of campaigns are of course very much out of place between commercials, but I also think that at the end its a matter of getting the message across, if it gets people's attention that way then I don't really mind.
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• DRRRK
                        • Aug 2009

If the message comes across, yes. I think the impact could be a lot better, if a commercial break is exclusively dedicated to an aid campaign. I know, this is difficult to realize, but not impossible.

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

ooooh, clothing dilemmas!

bought sissy p invisiseam pants, holy grails. get them, too small, exchange for this seasons nicht-fabric pants with asymmetrical fly. gets offer to trade those for holy grail invisiseams in right size. feel that nicht-fabric pants with asymmetrical fly can become holy grail after exchange.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I'd keep the assymetrical ones, imo they are more interesting.

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

atleast the fabric is, heard sissy already is out of it?

the feeling I have right now is that I might get across another pair of invisiseams in my size to buy, but that these might never come around again. but what do I know. :)

on another note this is the last night for my concrete to burn in it's form, tomorrow I'll take it out and hope that I soon have a new coffetable. I love buying design, but there's something special making your of stuff.

Comment

• fenrost
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by bestial View Post
                                atleast the fabric is, heard sissy already is out of it?
                                Some stores are re-ordering 2009 stuff, and they are trying to get that fabric in suits/pants, but CCP told them, they were out... but who knows...?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎