Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Thaiison, that's exactly how I felt. Plus, the plot and some of the details could not have been any less creative.

Lowrey, my girlfriend wanted to go. And my friend was here for the weekend and wanted the 3-D experience, so I lost the democratic vote.

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    Really kick started my 'Get out of the Ectomorph Zone 2010' program this past weekend...went to the gym today and hit the squats heavy, low reps. Been eating like a madman too, like a liter of milk a day, 4-5 meals just stuffing myself with everything in sight, more seriously than usual. I feel kinda expanded already.

Target for December: Become the Asian Bruce Willis.
    I did lots of squats last summer and couldn't fit into my pants anymore. After that I realized I like being an ectomorph, so I gave up the excessive lifting. You wear baggy pants, so I don't think you'll have the problem I did.

Try to work the same muscle group twice a week until you gain some sustainable mass. Then you can probably decrease to once a week. Remember to stretch very well afterward. People neglect this and wonder why they're sore and get injuries easily.

I'm sure you know this last one: lots of protein after the workouts. I think I still remember an eight-week program the weight training coach put us on when I was on the soccer team. If you want I can PM it to you.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• ronin
      Banned
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      I don't know why people go see that movie, it looks wack
      But everybody loves the smurfs.

I feel chained. My credit card is blocked untill the end of the month and my so-called bank consellor is nowhere to be found. Which means I have to wait untill february to renew my dojo membership, two months without practising, I'm going to be all rusty. Let alone shopping during the sales, oh it tears my heart.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by scott.m View Post
        this summer i am taking up either A) boxing, or B) saxophone, two completely different things but i want to do both at one point in my life, why not start sooner than later?
        For all round fitness boxing is the best! Along side swimming.
        I used to do both,regularly, for many years. The circuit training at the boxing gym was a killer. Beware excessive shoulder and traps growth!
        Im quite broad in general,but when i train it gets ridiculous and getting a jacket to fit well is not such an easy task.
        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• Dropt
          • May 2009

xxxxx
          Last edited by Dropt; 09-09-2012, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• BBYY
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JoniF
            I want to learn Krav Maga someday.
            Learn Penchak Silat instead.

Much more interesting than that mindless Krav Maga.
            Paris Proxy Service

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

^^^

that site gives my eyes a headache...there's no pics, no names, nothing. just a bunch of random back and forth bitching...wtf are they talking about?
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post

interesting, what's your program like? i did this a few years back, put on 6kg of muscle mass in a year. after two years i came across crossfit and realised how one dimensional my lifting program was.
                there's no real plan to it, just go lift 3-4 times a week, each exercise do the heaviest i can sustain for 3 sets of 6-4-4, and then eat a lot throughout the day, training myself to eat even when I don't feel particularly hungry (one of the things about being an ectomorph is i eat only when i'm hungry, and during those times i eat a lot...now i space it out so it's 4-5 meals where I don't eat as much for each meal but a good enough amount so it's continuous throughout the day). Went to do my arms today, and I been feeling pretty heavy the past 2 days, still getting used to this new pattern. Oh, and also no more cardio...I used to do the bike machine pretty heavy but I'm cutting that out. The most I'll do is keep up my daily 2 or 3 20 minute walks to the beach and back.

I'm also making sure not to keep doing the same weight exercises consecutively, mixing it up so my muscles get hit from different angles for extra stimulation.

I'm currently 164 lbs, so I'm about 20 lbs from my target. Ideally I wanted to hit 200 lbs, but from what I've heard 180-200 is a fuck of a lot harder than 160-180 cause i gotta double my protein intake to something like 400g/day to get through that latter phase...I think that's gonna be too much effort. If I can hit 185 and keep it at that level I'd be satisfied.

Sombre: If you gave me the option of either being able to fit into skinny pants or looking like Sam Worthington, I'd take the latter no hesitation.
                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Dropt
                  • May 2009

Krav-Maga is a really good sport if you want to learn self defense easily and quickly. The problem, is that you don't have any "spirit" in it, instead of a lot of martial art. The point is just to be effective in a real fight, and that's all. There's no philosophy behind, no ideals, which is a shame imo...

Plus, you've got a lot of clubs who are self defense oriented in their own way.

Comment

• stereophobic
                    • Aug 2009

I'm currently 164 lbs, so I'm about 20 lbs from my target. Ideally I wanted to hit 200 lbs, but from what I've heard 180-200 is a fuck of a lot harder than 160-180 cause i gotta double my protein intake to something like 400g/day to get through that latter phase...I think that's gonna be too much effort. If I can hit 185 and keep it at that level I'd be satisfied.
                    That sounds like a looooooooot of egg-whites FtB. Good luck with your endeavors in this area as I have quite a number of Asian friends who have your problem when it comes to gaining muscle mass.
                    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
                      That sounds like a looooooooot of egg-whites FtB. Good luck with your endeavors in this area as I have quite a number of Asian friends who have your problem when it comes to gaining muscle mass.
                      thanks...but i have the most bitch-ass genetics in history working against me - my maternal grandfather (God bless him) looked like his bones were outside of his skin and my dad has thighs that make Ronnie Wood look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime.

the key right now is eating moreso than the training since my primary goal is just to pack on as much mass as possible regardless of fat/muscle. Too bad the fast food joints in HK are the absolute worst, because I could count on that for keeping the wallet in check...i miss BK in the states, could go there and chow down couple whoppers no sweat, at the McD's in my neighborhood I struggle through a 6-pack of McNuggets, it's that bad.
                      www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• stereophobic
                        • Aug 2009

the key right now is eating moreso than the training since my primary goal is just to pack on as much mass as possible regardless of fat/muscle. Too bad the fast food joints in HK are the absolute worst, because I could count on that for keeping the wallet in check...i miss BK in the states, could go there and chow down couple whoppers no sweat, at the McD's in my neighborhood I struggle through a 6-pack of McNuggets, it's that bad.
                        Well, it really does come back and bite you in the ass health-wise in the long run if you do that.

Can you cook? Why don't you try making protein-rich stews or hotpots that you can consume? Something like chanko-nabe style dishes or whatever. Lots of meat and tofu in broth. I found the trick to any economical diet plan (whether it be gaining or losing mass/bf) is cooking your own food as well as being able to eat the same thing almost daily.
                        An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• ronin
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009

I tried it for a while and got bored with it for the reasons previously stated by BBYY and Dropt. It was very special, neither a martial art nor a combat sport, more an ensemble of fighting techniques. It was technically interesting though, and the whole situation thinking is motivating, learning to think rationnally in terms of target location, using things in your environment, it can force you to be creative. I'll probably follow a few classes again someday, but in addition to something else, not by itself.

Comment

• Silk
                            • Jan 2009

there's no real plan to it, just go lift 3-4 times a week, each exercise do the heaviest i can sustain for 3 sets of 6-4-4,
                            Having some experience in this area I would say your routine could use some tweaking if you want to be serious about gaining the muscle. If you want to gain 200 lbs you should be intaking at least 200g of protein daily as well as a healthy balance of fats and carbs, but 400g seems excessive, I'm not gonna say it can't be done because I'm sure professional body builders intake insane amounts of protein, but for a 165lb guy trying to get to 200lbs at most, I would stick to around 180-220g of protein a day, which is easier said than done. Also, junk food is worse for you in bad fats, carbs, sugars, sodium that the small amount of low quality protein you get isn't validated, avoid junk food at all costs.Egg whites, chicken breast, brown rice, vegetables, milk, water are your best friends now.You should also be working out at least 5 times a week if you are only working out once during the day. I would also recommend doing 3 sets of 10-12-14 reps as this amount of work is usually considered more efficient than doing less than 8 to 10 reps. Taking the time to coordinate your entire workout session for each day really makes a difference as you can workout without stopping for rest and if you properly switch your muscle groups daily then you can minimize soreness and take better advantage of your bodies natural ability to heal and grow your muscles in between workouts. Just some suggestions as I have a little experience in this..

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

I think the guy trainer on The Biggest Loser was wearing the Rick Owens sneakers at the end.

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

^^^ Yea, he wears a lot of rick, I believe someone had a pic of him in a CCP leather one time too, it seems to fit him and he has the body to wear ricks sheer shirts.
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎