Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doldrums
    • Dec 2008

Thank you - P.Nod, AKA and Fade2black. Appreciate it. I'll be spending the rest of my birthdays at home, on the couch, with a helmet on.

Fade2black - quote is from a song by Smog called "Ex-con", from album called Red Apple Falls released in 1997 I think. The song has plenty of other great lines....'...alone in my room, I feel such a part/a part of the community, but out on the streets, I feel like a robot by the river'...also 'Jean jacket and tie, Feel like such a lie, When i go to your house, I feel like i'm Casing the joint, In the grocery store, In line behind a mother and a child, I'm going to take that child, take that child
    I'm going to take that child'.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

what would happen if we all changed our avatar's, swapped them over or someone else started using faust's, the spanner thing is it just cause hes the moderator or a different reason, would the sz sky fall in... i know it wont happen just a thought though

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I heart my avatar. I've had it for about 4 years now. Haven't changed it once. The only competition I have in my mind is the Little Prince drawing. I had that for a while on tFS.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

new morrissey single ---they all have 7 inches get it?
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
            Thank you - P.Nod, AKA and Fade2black. Appreciate it. I'll be spending the rest of my birthdays at home, on the couch, with a helmet on.

Fade2black - quote is from a song by Smog called "Ex-con", from album called Red Apple Falls released in 1997 I think. The song has plenty of other great lines....'...alone in my room, I feel such a part/a part of the community, but out on the streets, I feel like a robot by the river'...also 'Jean jacket and tie, Feel like such a lie, When i go to your house, I feel like i'm Casing the joint, In the grocery store, In line behind a mother and a child, I'm going to take that child, take that child
            I'm going to take that child'.
            great album--was a highlight of the college years

I was a stranger
            When i came to town
            Just yesterday
            I was a stranger
            They dont come much stranger

So why
            Why did you believe
            All every word I said
            Why did you believe
            Believe a stranger
            A stranger

And why do you
            women in this town
            Let me look at you so bold
            When you have seen what i was
            In the last town
            In the last town
            You should have
            seen what i was
            If i was a stranger
            I was worse than a stranger
            I was well-known

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

i bet there is a light that never goes out is her fav song

Comment

• Test
                • Dec 2008

Mick Jagger vs. Charlie Watts The Backstory: It' hardly extraordinary for members of a rock band to come to blows (For example, Bret Michaels and C.C. Deville of Poison infamously brawled onstage at the MTV Video Awards in 1991.). And, it' inevitable that one of the Rolling Stones would eventually…

“The final straw was Jagger’s unscheduled wake-up call to Watts during a band meeting in Amsterdam in October 1984. Richards and Jagger had gone out boozing, returning to Richard’s room at five in the morning. Watts was fast asleep. Nevertheless, Jagger dialed his room, bawling “Is that my drummer? Why don’t you get your arse down here?”

Watts reportedly got up, shaved, got dressed in a custom-made Savile Row suit, put on a crisply knotted tie and freshly shined shoes, came downstairs, and-in Richards’ words-“dished him out a great fucking right hook.” Jagger was knocked into a plate of smoked salmon, and Richards had to grab his leg to prevent him from sliding along the table, out the open window and into a canal 20 stories below. “Don’t ever call me ‘your drummer’ again,” Watts told Jagger. “You’re my fucking singer."

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

Classic story

The whole getting dressed in Savile Row proper fit, shaving routine just to go down and land a punch seems something very "Charlie" even though I don't know the dude, always struck me as having a nice sense of humor.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by merz
                    philip nod, this one's for you man..

seriously... epic does not begin to describe this.
                    This is pure gold. And it goes with your new avatar Noodles

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

thanks merz
                      so many genius moments. i loved the knob radio station tuning at the end, and the obi one duel
                      in a strange coincidence, i have the same birthday as james earl jones

Comment

• Pinoy
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by doldrums View Post
                        Last night driving on highway with wife, roads looked good but apparently black ice on the ground, day before my birthday, SUV in front started swerving and did a 360 at 70mph, then bumped and threw us into the ditch on the side of the road where another car hit us full speed 10minutes later. We escaped relatively ok (and so already back on SZ). Car totalled, all glass smashed, airbags out. To add to the drama, wife had just put on the song "shes lost control" by joy division about 3 minutes before it all began. Someone further up the road died after stopping to see if he could help out. Surviving a car accident, spending a day in the hospital on a birthday, is a good way to hammer home your own mortality.
                        damn dude.. just saw this now.

glad to hear you're ok.. reminds me of when i got into my accident in late december. I was driving on the freeways here in LA on the left most lane.. and I guess there was a huge pothole filled with water so I couldn't see it.. my car hit the pothole, lost stability, hit the center divider on the freeway with the front then the back of my car.. then spun across 3 lanes of traffic! somehow i didn't hit a single person..and i escaped with just minor scratches! unfortunately, my 335i is totalled..

Comment

• doldrums
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by danieldy View Post
                          damn dude.. just saw this now.

glad to hear you're ok.. reminds me of when i got into my accident in late december. I was driving on the freeways here in LA on the left most lane.. and I guess there was a huge pothole filled with water so I couldn't see it.. my car hit the pothole, lost stability, hit the center divider on the freeway with the front then the back of my car.. then spun across 3 lanes of traffic! somehow i didn't hit a single person..and i escaped with just minor scratches! unfortunately, my 335i is totalled..
                          Thanks. I wonder if you had PTSD afterwards? I'm not sure what it will feel like to get back on the highway but can't imagine doing it right now. too many variables...

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

my 18 year old cousin was walking to school. hit by an suv. small brain bleed. shattered tibia. broken thumb. somehow, it looks like he'll be okay (after 2 surgeries). and wealthy.

Comment

• doldrums
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              my 18 year old cousin was walking to school. hit by an suv. small brain bleed. shattered tibia. broken thumb. somehow, it looks like he'll be okay (after 2 surgeries). and wealthy.
                              shit. Sorry to hear it. Money doesn't cut it.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

small brain bleed. that sentence really freaks me out. glad he'll make it

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎