• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

pull it out while you can
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      pull it out while you can
      Hah, exactly my though.

Comment

• cabl3
        • Dec 2008

paypal usually rules in favor of the buyer...lucky you, good thing you got your money back

ever since a buyer screwed me over and paypal took my money back and gave it to him, I carefully document every sale I make.
        "If you want to tell the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you."
        - Wilde

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Why do they make motorcycles in colors other than black?
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

So Santa can ride!

Comment

• cabl3
              • Dec 2008

- Wilde

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

this shit is scary

Rosalio Reta sits at a table inside a Laredo Police Department interrogation room. A detective, sitting across the table, asks him how it all started.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• J_J
                  • Apr 2008

Mexico's become a scary place to live in
                  I miss it terribly but I would definitely not relocate back there.

Comment

• Diego
                    • Aug 2007

Mexico does have serious drug cartel related problems but it doesn't affect everyone / everywhere, there's light and shade in everything. It's sad that the media image of my country is so deteriorated (bad news sell newspapers) but I actually think is better that this shit has become public and they are finally doing something about it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Agreed. Diego, did you see the NYT article about how the Southern US gun stores supply Mexican drug lords with guns?
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

I did, they are better armed than the Mexican federal police that's for sure.

Comment

• J_J
                          • Apr 2008

I agree, it sucks that it's casting such a bad light over Mexico but hopefully all the bad attention will motivate a change.
                          The situation is worse than it was, say 5 years ago. Sequestros/narco 'terrorism' were never anything new, but they have multiplied pretty drastically (not basing this on news reports, but on friends/family grapevine). I really hope they can tone it down soon.

Comment

• cabl3
                            • Dec 2008

total mindfuck, i live in that city, those shootings, killings and mafia shit happens near every day (on the mexican side)

And to be honest, all of the things the media says are true, though it's a bit exaggerated. While I live on the border, I'm not really "afraid" to cross the bridge and hang out with some friends. And as far as the drug cartel problem, I attribute it largely if not mainly to corruption...everyone's so bought out, there's really a very high difficulty for the government to have any kind of real success.

It's a whole lot more than I could explain in this one post; more than anything I just found it funny that a post was made referring to my actual place of residence.
                            - Wilde

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Yikes!

Sorry I've been AWOL for the last week on here... as "luck" would have it, right after my last exam two fridays ago a car spun out of control on the highway and into my lane causing me to slam into them (impossible to stop in time).

The Ghia I posted a couple of pages back that I've owned for only a few months is likely totaled. I should post photos... it's sad and ridiculous.

Now I've been entrenched in the insurance/legal insanity that is liability and compensation PLUS all the medical aspects of it... thankfully I was actually able to walk away from the scene with heavy bruising, strains and scrapes. Nothing broken thankfully. Considering it was a highway accident in a vintage car, i consider myself pretty lucky to be alive.

I do wonder if anyone on here is a lawyer or has had experience dealing with insurance companies in claims? Geico (my company) has backed me and confirmed that I am not liable, but of course the other company (Farmers) in a way keeps pushing that some "phantom car" caused their client to swerve and thus lose control of their vehicle. Their case is weak, but they've dragged this on. The liability adjuster I talk to on the phone there is young and has had to take the case to her "higher ups" now and another meeting there today apparently. So I should expect a call from them tomorrow with their decision.... depending on what they tell me, I will be either escalating this with legal action against them or sitting down for compensation talks.

I'm just concerned because for this car, I just got bare bones insurance (its a 3 mile drive from home to the hospital) as I've got a completely clean driving record (no accident, no ticket, ever.) and the ER bill alone is about $10k and the car $12k. Reading online, people talk about insurance companies paying for "pain & suffering" as well but it all hasn't been clear.

I guess I'd love to hear what people have to say about the process and what I should expect if/when the insurance company finally wants to settle the claim and how I should approach it.

Sorry to totally derail the randomness thread! The situation in Mexico certainly has made top headlines. I can definitely believe that there are good parts and bad parts just like every other country, but for some of those cities... even the Mexicans here in San Antonio agree are quite dangerous. Spillover of violence into Cancun surprised me as well when I read about that.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Spencer
                                • Feb 2007

Oh man. I'm so sorry to hear that Albert. I wish I had some advice for you but unfortunately I don't. Just wanted to say that I'm glad you are OK and hopefully everything will work out!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎